IGNORED

Announcing the next generation: UltraCap LPS-1.2 (Now 5/7/9/12V! ; Now with parallel LT3045 regulators!)

On 26.1.2018 at 4:38 AM, JohnSwenson said:

Yes it works great with an SBT, it makes a significant increase sound quality.

I can confirm this is absolutely true. I tried to tell this to the hard core community over in squeezebox forum without any luck ?

The change is tremendous. Hard to believe before you try. 

If you own a Squeezebox Touch and on low budget, purchase a LPS-1. (Soon many will be available used)

Then your next upgrade can be a Rendu. 

while waiting for my UltraCap LPS-1.2 (and Chord Qutest DAC)...

Canare4S6-Oyaide2.1-microUSB.jpg

;)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

7 hours ago, Superdad said:

Despite my aging camera not wanting to cooperate, I managed to snap a few photos this afternoon of the UltraCap LPS-1.2 for the web site.

Circuit boards arrive Friday, Monday, and Tuesday.  Crossing my fingers that all goes smoothly.  I'll keep everyone posted as progress is made.

5a7cfbbc4534d_LPS-1_2kit.thumb.JPG.e7a267645d61157c1cdf25c7ffcf2006.JPG

Have a great weekend everyone!  B|

--Alex C.

Is that 90 degree DC cable part of the package ?

If yes, is it the Canare starquad as well ?

9 hours ago, beautiful music said:

From where you bought this cable?

custom made by a vendor you can find referred to by others in the DIY DC Cables thread

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

9 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Is that 90 degree DC cable part of the package ?

Yes.

9 hours ago, R1200CL said:

If yes, is it the Canare starquad as well ?

No, it is the same 70cm 16awg coaxial cable as has been included with the original LPS-1.

We have a limited supply of our Oyaide/Belden shielded star-quad (18awg x 4 = 15awg paired) cables in 50cm length with 5.5mm x 2.1mm plugs.   Not on the web site, but people can PayPal $70 for it to be added to their UltraCap orders.

5 minutes ago, sojourn said:

Now if it could power more than one device at a time it certainly would be more cost effective and a better deal.

Many people do power more than one device from a single UltraCap unit--using 'Y' cables.  But it very much depends upon the current draw of the devices being powered.  Our UltraCap supplies are each certified to produce 1.1-amps--at any output voltage setting.

@Superdad:

I want to buy a DAC with USB Interface which is ALWAYS 5V USB bus powered.

The rest of the DAC could  be powered by the new LPS-1.2.

Would it be possible to provide a connector like AQVOX is doing:

http://www.aqvox.de/usb-power_en.html

With such a connector the complete DAC could be powered by the LPS-1.2.

Thanks

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

There are quite a few ways to inject 5V DC from LPS-1.2 and most likely we could order the right cable from Ghent, though they won't be able to ship anything until Chinese New Year is over (i.e. Feb 22nd)

http://www.ghentaudio.com/about/index.html

They don't have the exact cables listed on their site, therefore we'll have to send them an e-mail and then show the specific picture.

First of all, this is a single cable that could get things done easily. USB Type-A goes into the computer, USB Type-B goes into DAC, and DC power 5.5/2.1 goes into LPS-1.2

Nv9dHld.jpg

Here's another way if we wanna use an existing DC power cable

E5RCays.jpg

Let's say we'd like to use our own USB cable plus DC power cable, we could also split either end of USB with two separate connectors like this

PCjSjh5.jpg 3TAibNb.jpg

3 hours ago, matthias said:

@Superdad:

I want to buy a DAC with USB Interface which is ALWAYS 5V USB bus powered.

The rest of the DAC could  be powered by the new LPS-1.2.

Would it be possible to provide a connector like AQVOX is doing:

http://www.aqvox.de/usb-power_en.html

With such a connector the complete DAC could be powered by the LPS-1.2.

Thanks

Matt

Over here the Aqvox connector is used in just this way to inject 5volts into my vbus powered ifi dac. The Aqvox connects to a 5 volt powered ISO Regen. Everything sounds best this way.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

1 hour ago, lmitche said:

Over here the Aqvox connector is used in just this way to inject 5volts into my vbus powered ifi dac. The Aqvox connects to a 5 volt powered ISO Regen. Everything sounds best this way.

Larry,

if I understand correctly, Aqvox sold you just the cable with connector but without the power supply. At the PS end a barrel connector which connects to the LPS-1.2 and the job is done. Perfect.

Thanks

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

1 minute ago, austinpop said:

Hi John,

Very nice report. I'm looking forward to my LPS-1.2 now with even more anticipation.

One quick question for you. Have you tried driving the DAC straight from the JS-2? The JS-2 is no slouch. How would that compare to the JS-2 energizing the LPS-1.2 driving the DAC?

No, I have not done that recently, it is a little difficult to do right now, the connector on the starquad DC cable won't fit the JS-2. I would have to build another one with a different connector to try that.

John S.