IGNORED

Announcing the next generation: UltraCap LPS-1.2 (Now 5/7/9/12V! ; Now with parallel LT3045 regulators!)

So, there is some kind of cleverness going on here (with switching around between s-capacitor banks) that allows a 7.5V charging/source power supply via the LPS1.2 to generate 9V or 12V output voltages (without using some kind of DC - DC converter), yes???? :-)

---------------

Rich Brkich

Owner, Signature Sound

Liverpool, New York USA

FaceBook Page: http://www.facebook.com/Signature.Sound.HiFi

3 minutes ago, BigGuy said:

Speaking of cleverness, is there a "buck and boost" device for amperage?

I have devices for which 1.5A would offer a comfort cushion for their draw of 1+ A and 1.1 does not do it.

Apparently I am not alone since I troll a forum where posters are ganging 2 and 3 LT3045 boards to get over higher amperage.

Sorry BigGuy.  All the stuff I was explaining is what goes on on the input, charging side of the LPS-1.2.  Nothing can change the fact that the wonderful LT3045 is just a 500mA regulator (we use 2 of course and push them a bit to deliver a total 1,100mA).

The folks who are paralleling separate LT-3045 boards for more current need to be very careful--with matching to within a few milliVolts--or they will end up with one board bearing much more of the load.  I've hand-paired a few LPS-1 boards in the past to allow for parallel connection and higher current, but that is not a service we offer.  

Of course series connection of units for higher voltage can always be done by anyone. :)

Building a higher current UltraCap supply--say based on 6 LT3045s--would require larger everything!  Larger ultracaps, larger case, heat-sinks, different charging circuits, larger energizing supply, etc.   Don't anyone hold their breath for this from us!  x-D

As I write this I see a notice that John also replied.  Bet he says almost the same thing...

38 minutes ago, Adyc said:

A quick question. If I use LPS-1.2 to power a network switch, do I still need to use JSGT DC cable connected to the switch to stop high impedance leakage from network?

Yes, the OUTPUT of the LPS-1.2 is NOT grounded. The LPS-1.2 is isolated from input to output. The fact that the SMPS shipping with the LPS-1.2 keep high impedance leakage out of the LPS-1.2, it does not ground the output.

The specified switches only shunt leakage when the switch's power supply is grounded. Since the output of the LPS-1 is not grounded, it will not shunt the network leakage.

John S.

2 hours ago, JohnSwenson said:

I want to stop working on power stuff for a while and get working on all the clock analysis stuff so we can get a good handle on all this clocking stuff and build some equipment where we really KNOW what is going on, I have a feeling this will be far more game changing than another power supply.

John S.

Congratulations Alex & John on the new LPS. (Unfortunately) I have enough power supplies now but will be following the ongoing clocking adventure and looking forward to any future products. You are leading the field!

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers.