IGNORED

Curious USB Cable

I had gone through a number of highly rated USB cables before I settled on the Curious Cable as my reference with my Luxman DA-06 DAC. After reading comments about the Phasure Lush cable I bought one and found that I preferred it, replacing the Curious as my reference. However, not long ago I switched both my DAC and server, going to a T+A DAC8 DSD, upsampling all files to DSD512 with HQPlayer.

After listening for several weeks with the Lush, which I quite enjoyed, I decided to audition the Curious cable in the new setup. Somewhat to my surprise, I found that I preferred the Curious with this setup. It definitely is more resolving than the Lush in my system. By comparison, for want of  better terms, the Lush seems to "blend"or "smear" the sound somewhat - I notice greater separation of instruments and voices with the Curious. In vocal harmonies, for example, individual voices are more easily identified with the Curious. On songs like Because and Sun King from the Abbey Road album, The Beatles have never sounded better. I have only been listening with the Curious for a little over a week but, so far, I don;'t believe that I have encountered any negatives as compared to the Lush. In a couple of weeks, I will put the Lush cable back in the system to either confirm or question my current impressions.

The Curious and Phasure Lush are, IMO, the best sounding USB cables that I have had in my system.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron