IGNORED

iZotope vs SoX Upsampling in Audirvana Plus 3.2

buonassi

1 hour ago, monomind said:

Hi RunHomeSlow,

Thanks for your contribution.

Have tried downloading the file you posted for high Sierra (https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Public/AudirvanaHighSierraDirectMode.zip?role=personal) but I keep getting the following message "The folder /public/.... does not exist" and there is no option to download the file. 

Thanks

I checked them before posting and just tried them again... they work... are you waiting for the download button to appear ?

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

I use Firefox and Safari both are working for me ??

@monomind, @Don Blas De Lezo i have sent you by email here the file

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Hello HomeRunSlow,

First of all, Happy New Year to you and everyone here on the board!

I have just tried downloading the kext files using the new link and it works now, so thanks again for sharing.

Will be giving it a try later on today. I'm currently running El Capitan and High Sierra on different partitions, so I need to find enough time to go through the whole process thoroughly.

Best, 

Hardware / Mac mini 2012 > Wadia di122 > Arcam FMJ A22 (upgraded) > Tannoy XT8

Software / Audirvana and ROON

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing around for settings with my 2qute.  Honestly, I like the WTA filters in the Chord DACs as they are, without oversampling done on the computer.

Not sure that you can add more highs, though you can certainly reduce them with a filter that rolls off sooner.  But, if you tell me the type of transient sounds you're looking for, I can help.  IE,  do you want more attack on the leading edge of the notes?  Do you want better instrument separation, more ethereal 3d sound?  You may want to read this to get a better understanding - then feel free to ask away!  Welcome to AS my friend!

On 1/12/2019 at 11:45 PM, buonassi said:

I've been playing around for settings with my 2qute.  Honestly, I like the WTA filters in the Chord DACs as they are, without oversampling done on the computer.

Not sure that you can add more highs, though you can certainly reduce them with a filter that rolls off sooner.  But, if you tell me the type of transient sounds you're looking for, I can help.  IE,  do you want more attack on the leading edge of the notes?  Do you want better instrument separation, more ethereal 3d sound?  You may want to read this to get a better understanding - then feel free to ask away!  Welcome to AS my friend!

thanks so much i will read through

yes i want more neutrality and detail, but hopefully not at the expense of soundstage and bass, also i guess for metal and rock its better to have more instrument separation and clarity , but also something that i set and forget bout it without the use fabfilter or eq plugins, as that will just ruin my intention of listenng to music as i will keep on wondering what if i do this or that

my gear is chord qutest--- ifi ican pro--- meze empyrean 

check this out.  Here, @copy_of_a outlines his most recent "set and forget".  I wasn't sure if you saw this recent post of his.  Could be helpful for you.  Personally, I've bookmarked it:

And just because...  if you want to try my most recent settings here they are, with some help from 'the upsampling master' himself.  Here's where he helped me out, and attached are my tweaked configs.  Note that I only have 2x only selected.  I find it doesn't sound so 'oversampled' and keeps the transients a bit thicker, more organic.  I only use this with my metrum NOS Dac, for my Chord, I'm rather enjoying its WTA filters for now.  The max filter length is arbitrary, no need to go beyond 500K - at least I can't discern any difference.

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 7.37.07 PM.png

21 hours ago, buonassi said:

my most recent settings

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 7.37.07 PM.png

thanks for your kind words...

Do yourself a favour and adjust the AA filter to 100 instead of 50.

At "50" all you achieve here is introducing more aliasing at frequencies above the actual musical content (so really only fake details)

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | NAD C 316BEE | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX