IGNORED

Inside High End Equipment

STC

Ah, it's all about the badge on the outside, you see - like ripping off the VW circle, and super-gluing a Porsche shield in its place - will make the vehicle go x times better, because you just know it has to be !! ...

Unfortunately, audio systems don't go all weak at the knees when something super duper gets shoved in somewhere, and perform "well above their station", as a result ... bit of shame about that,  😉.

13 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Ah, it's all about the badge on the outside, you see - like ripping off the VW circle, and super-gluing a Porsche shield in its place - will make the vehicle go x times better, because you just know it has to be !! ...

Unfortunately, audio systems don't go all weak at the knees when something super duper gets shoved in somewhere, and perform "well above their station", as a result ... bit of shame about that,  😉.

Who are you talking to?

This, like too many of your posts, appears to be a monologue rather a dialogue.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

59 minutes ago, STC said:

Converting SOIC to DIP. Modified by someone else and now coming to my friend for revival. 

Surely the original design didn't have DAC chips dangling at the end of a wire. I'm just curious what the mod was and what it was supposed to achieve.

11 hours ago, STC said:

If you do not know by now, then you are in the wrong forum. 

I presume that the adaptor PCB also has bypass caps on the copper side ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

3 minutes ago, mansr said:

Must have been pretty grim if the pictured contraption was an improvement.

A picture tells thousand words. My friend doesn’t do mods but it is quite normal to replace DAC and clocks. Some with piggy back mod. My Sony multichannel SACd was modified straight out of the box. It was stupid because I never listened to it before mod. Bought brand new and sent straight to replace.  My friend didn’t do the mod and was against it.