Jump to content
The Computer Audiophile

Launch Issues & Comments

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Evo-No-Revo said:

I don't know if this has been addressed but my number one place to research any used product price I have an interest in is Hifishark.  I bet I use that site at least twice a day, every day.

I don't see that Superphonica items are being listed on Hifishark.  Is that something you have considered?

Thanks

They won’t show our products. We reached out to them but they refused. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

They won’t show our products. We reached out to them but they refused. 

 

What's the issue? Is there a fee they require? Or just demand?

 

FWIW - I went on the hifishark.com Contact page and requested they add Superphonica to their list. Maybe they need to hear from more of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, austinpop said:

 

What's the issue? Is there a fee they require? Or just demand?

 

FWIW - I went on the hifishark.com Contact page and requested they add Superphonica to their list. Maybe they need to hear from more of us.

 

I don't really know what the issue is. I believe Dave has exchanged emails with them over the last several months but it's my understanding they are uninterested.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha, I forgot I ask this....

 

Interesting, so you don't see it as a technical issue?  I am not sure how Superphonica would challenge their business model. 

 

Have you ever run across the Hifishark principals at an audio show?  Just curious if they have a present in that way..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Evo-No-Revo said:

Ha, I forgot I ask this....

 

Interesting, so you don't see it as a technical issue?  I am not sure how Superphonica would challenge their business model. 

 

Have you ever run across the Hifishark principals at an audio show?  Just curious if they have a present in that way..

 

 

A reader of CA was kind enough to ask them why Superphonica isn't listed and they said it's because they don't do commercial sales. 

 

They can easily filter out the private from the commercial sellers based on automatic tagging we use. Sure there are some that get through the cracks, but that's a minor thing.

 

I don't know who the guys are, so if I've seen them I don't know it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My issues,  (1) well sellers need to answer their messages about a product they are trying to sell.   (2) a big pet peeve of mine is sellers need to correctly note if their item is sold, or not available.  ex: like the DAC section,. You check the available box, and find a  ExaSound e32 with a note in the seller caption, No Longer Available . Just remove it.   Same for a PS Audio Stellar DAC, it says sold in the caption, why not mark it sold..  Same for a Yiggy page 4 notes no longer available.  Which makes me think, there is no field for the seller to mark no longer available, like they changed their mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mav52 said:

Just remove it.

  

At the moment sellers have no direct means to delete a listing.

  

[Which is why I am one of those guilty of using "No Longer Available" in the caption of one of my listings ...]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mav52 said:

(2) a big pet peeve of mine is sellers need to correctly note if their item is sold, or not available. 

 

Yes, I’ve longed for a couple of functional changes for seller listings that relate to your point(s).

 

If an item does not sell, or if the seller simply changes their mind, or ends up selling in a different venue:

 

1) There is no ‘Cancel Listing’ option. Once a listing has been created, there appears to be no way to remove it completely from the site, even if no offers have been made.

2) There is option to designate it ‘No Longer Available’. One can only convert it to ‘Sold’, even if you haven’t sold it and just want to end the listing. And...

3) There is no ‘Mark as Sold’ option either. The only way I’m aware of to do that is to find the ‘Inventory’ section in Edit and change it to ‘0’. (Can’t say this doesn’t  make sense, but it may not be intuitive to many folks. Took me awhile to figure that out anyway :-). 

 

Edited by spin33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, spin33 said:

 

Yes, I’ve longed for a couple of functional changes for seller listings that relate to your point(s).

 

If an item does not sell, or if the seller simply changes their mind, or ends up selling in a different venue:

 

1) There is no ‘Cancel Listing’ option. Once a listing has been created, there appears to be no way to remove it completely from the site, even if no offers have been made.

2) There is no option to designate it ‘No Longer Available’. One can only convert it to ‘Sold’, even if you haven’t sold it and just want to end the listing. And...

3) There is no ‘Mark as Sold’ option either. The only way I’m aware of to do that is to find the ‘Inventory’ section in Edit and change it to ‘0’. (Can’t say this doesn’t  make sense, but it may not be intuitive to many folks. Took me awhile to figure that out anyway :-). 

 

 

Sounds like some modifications are needed to support the sellers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mav52 said:

My issues,  (1) well sellers need to answer their messages about a product they are trying to sell.   (2) a big pet peeve of mine is sellers need to correctly note if their item is sold, or not available.  ex: like the DAC section,. You check the available box, and find a  ExaSound e32 with a note in the seller caption, No Longer Available . Just remove it.   Same for a PS Audio Stellar DAC, it says sold in the caption, why not mark it sold..  Same for a Yiggy page 4 notes no longer available.  Which makes me think, there is no field for the seller to mark no longer available, like they changed their mind.

 

Hi Mav - Thanks for the post. 

 

1. Agree. Unfortunately, our circle of influence is small when it comes for getting people to answer messages. 

2. Agree 100%. We've made this part easier for people over the last year, but it's still more difficult than people can handle. For example, in the screenshot below there are instructions, but it's a bridge too far for people. Any ideas about how to make this easier are welcomes.

 

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 10.36.23 AM.png

 

 

2. continued - When people change their minds on selling an item there isn't a way for them to "delist" that item as opposed to marking it sold. For now marking it sold is our only end user option, but we will happily take care of anyone's needs if they contact us. I know, over the course of a century those extra key strokes to contact us will add up, but it's all we have for now. Feed and ideas welcomed as always. 

 

 

 

10 minutes ago, reeve_mike said:

  

At the moment sellers have no direct means to delete a listing.

  

[Which is why I am one of those guilty of using "No Longer Available" in the caption of one of my listings ...]

 

 

Correct. Delisting an item is a tricky one because our system looks at inventory and says if it's greater than zero then it's available. If it's less than one it's sold. We'll have to figure out a way to handle this. Suggestions?

 

 

 

 

5 minutes ago, spin33 said:

 

Yes, I’ve longed for a couple of functional changes for seller listings that relate to your point(s).

 

If an item does not sell, or if the seller simply changes their mind, or ends up selling in a different venue:

 

1) There is no ‘Cancel Listing’ option. Once a listing has been created, there appears to be no way to remove it completely from the site, even if no offers have been made.

2) There is option to designate it ‘No Longer Available’. One can only convert it to ‘Sold’, even if you haven’t sold it and just want to end the listing. And...

3) There is no ‘Mark as Sold’ option either. The only way I’m aware of to do that is to find the ‘Inventory’ section in Edit and change it to ‘0’. (Can’t say this doesn’t  make sense, but it may not be intuitive to many folks. Took me awhile to figure that out anyway :-). 

 

 

 

If the item sells on a different venue we ask that people mark them item sold. This helps everyone. Our big thing with this is that we leave the price on sold items available forever as opposed to forcing people to sign up for another service or forcing people to just look at pricing info on other sites that don't show the condition of the item and pictures etc... It's a historical record. 

 

1 and 2. Now that I think of it, there is a way for people to cancel a listing. If you click Save Draft it should take it down from the store. Not ideal and not intuitive. 

 

3. Like everything in life there is a learning curve. You feedback is valuable and we use it to try to make things better and easier. Thanks. 

 

 

4 minutes ago, mav52 said:

 

Sounds like some modifications are needed to support the sellers

 

 

Always open to ideas. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

2. Agree 100%. We've made this part easier for people over the last year, but it's still more difficult than people can handle. For example, in the screenshot below there are instructions, but it's a bridge too far for people. Any ideas about how to make this easier are welcomes.

 

Hi Chris

Thanks for drawing my attention to this.

My stupidity was that when I called up the listing to edit it, I didn't find the section at the foot with inventory management etc.

I didn't realize that there was something after my pictures.

Perhaps moving that section to the top of edit page of a listing might help others like me ...?

Mike

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, reeve_mike said:

 

Hi Chris

Thanks for drawing my attention to this.

My stupidity was that when I called up the listing to edit it, I didn't find the section at the foot with inventory management etc.

I didn't realize that there was something after my pictures.

Perhaps moving that section to the top of edit page of a listing might help others like me ...?

Mike

 

Thanks for the feedback. It really helps to hear from others. We have our heads buried in this all day every day and just know where everything is at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...