IGNORED

Launch Issues & Comments

Chris,

I want to withdraw one of my Superphonica listings. 

https://superphonica.com/all-products/accessories-other-great-stuff/minidsp-umik-1-usb-measurement-microphone/

Seems best to just delete it from the site as it didn’t sell on Superphonica or on CA. 

Feels a bit awkward/kludgy to be making these types of request via forum or DM. Will there be an option for a seller to self-cancel or end a listing early at some point in time? The ‘Edit’ section of a listing would seem an appropriate place to add that additional bit of control for us. 

Thanks

jonathan

Roon Nucleus REV B -> DH Labs Mirage USB Cable -> Ayre QB-9 Twenty DAC -> SPL Elector Preamp -> Bryston 2.5 Cubed amp -> Magnepan 1.7i speakers + REL T9x

jonathan

10 minutes ago, spin33 said:

Chris,

I want to withdraw one of my Superphonica listings. 

https://superphonica.com/all-products/accessories-other-great-stuff/minidsp-umik-1-usb-measurement-microphone/

Seems best to just delete it from the site as it didn’t sell on Superphonica or on CA. 

Feels a bit awkward/kludgy to be making these types of request via forum or DM. Will there be an option for a seller to self-cancel or end a listing early at some point in time? The ‘Edit’ section of a listing would seem an appropriate place to add that additional bit of control for us. 

Thanks

jonathan

Hi Jonathan - Totally agree with you. There are a couple ways we can enable it and a couple possible ways you can do this yourself. We're looking at the best way, given our long term strategy and how we envision the site being used etc...

For now, can you go into your products and select Save Draft at the bottom of the product page. This will take it out of the store.

We are trying to balance the people who want to list something and leave it up until it sells, with people who want to list something for a short period of time, and people listing something and collecting payment off the site to avoid our 1% fee, and our desire to have all products on the site after they sell in order to have historical price and data records available for everyone, and a host of other items. 

Right now I'm leaning toward enabling more user controls and finding other ways t handle the other items. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Thanks. That worked.

Completely understand about your concerns for potential 'manipulation' of listings and off-site sales. Just to clarify, in many cases I'm happy to leave a listing up for as long as it takes (or unless I simply change my mind about selling the item). In this case I was hoping for a quicker sale and listed it on eBay after several days on Superphonica & CA Access forum with no bites. It did sell on eBay rather quickly, to my surprise actually. Would have preferred to have been able to accomplish it here.

Thanks for your help.

Jonathan

Roon Nucleus REV B -> DH Labs Mirage USB Cable -> Ayre QB-9 Twenty DAC -> SPL Elector Preamp -> Bryston 2.5 Cubed amp -> Magnepan 1.7i speakers + REL T9x

jonathan

Just now, spin33 said:

Thanks. That worked.

Completely understand about your concerns for potential 'manipulation' of listings and off-site sales. Just to clarify, in many cases I'm happy to leave a listing up for as long as it takes (or unless I simply change my mind about selling the item). In this case I was hoping for a quicker sale and listed it on eBay after several days on Superphonica & CA Access forum with no bites. It did sell on eBay rather quickly, to my surprise actually. Would have preferred to have been able to accomplish it here.

Thanks for your help.

Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan.

I certainly hear you about wanting to sell an item quick. We are in this middle ground / chicken and egg situation right now, where we need more products to attract more people and we need more people to attract more products. Fortunately we are making great strides and realize this is a marathon, not a sprint. I'll post a Superphonica update to the sponsored forum shortly.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Chris -

My Sennheiser HDVA 600 did not sell so I asked that you remove it. Yet I see that it has the red sold sign. Is there a way of removing the ad for good? I want to list it on Audiogon but I don't want confusion should a potential buyer access both sites.

Thanks! 

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

5 minutes ago, rodrigaj said:

Chris -

My Sennheiser HDVA 600 did not sell so I asked that you remove it. Yet I see that it has the red sold sign. Is there a way of removing the ad for good? I want to list it on Audiogon but I don't want confusion should a potential buyer access both sites.

Thanks! 

Certainly. For some reason, in my haste, I thought it had been sold elsewhere. 

I will remove it for you by marking it draft. This way it's available to you later if needed in the Products area. But, feel free to list it on both sites. We don't have any rules against that. 

10 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Certainly. For some reason, in my haste, I thought it had been sold elsewhere. 

I will remove it for you by marking it draft. This way it's available to you later if needed in the Products area. But, feel free to list it on both sites. We don't have any rules against that. 

Thank you.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

• 8 months later...
4 minutes ago, rando said:

@The Computer AudiophileI pulled up the site today and quickly gave up.  Is there a specific reason, in my not expansive search DAC's were by far the worst category, why every single listing is still active?  There was no way to structure results in a way that arrives at more live listings than dead ones.

By active vs dead, do you mean still available vs sold?  If so, on the left side of the screen under Availability, click on the Available radio button.  This will eliminate all the sold items.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

15 minutes ago, rando said:

@The Computer AudiophileI pulled up the site today and quickly gave up.  Is there a specific reason, in my not expansive search DAC's were by far the worst category, why every single listing is still active?  There was no way to structure results in a way that arrives at more live listings than dead ones.

Can you please explain a bit more about what's going on? I'm not following the live vs dead lingo.

4 hours ago, rickca said:

By active vs dead, do you mean still available vs sold?  If so, on the left side of the screen under Availability, click on the Available radio button.  This will eliminate all the sold items.

Alright, I feel stupid now.  The 'All Items' being default is still questionable though.  Why would you ever want to start the search by looking at nearly a full page of sold items.

Chris, LIVE = not sold, DEAD = sold

@rando I agree. The last time I checked, I got a page full of SOLD. Then I realized there was an "available" button which narrowed my search down to three items after clicking yet another button to see only individual sellers. I haven't been back since.

49 minutes ago, rodrigaj said:

@rando I agree. The last time I checked, I got a page full of SOLD. Then I realized there was an "available" button which narrowed my search down to three items after clicking yet another button to see only individual sellers. I haven't been back since.

Tough crowd. 

P.S. Over the course of a century those clicks add up I know. Hopefully we’ll have the technology to read your mind so we’ll know it’s you and you only want to see available products from private sellers at that time ?

P.P.S. I’m always open to suggestions with respect to how people want to see it work. 

3 hours ago, rando said:

Alright, I feel stupid now.  The 'All Items' being default is still questionable though.  Why would you ever want to start the search by looking at nearly a full page of sold items.

Chris, LIVE = not sold, DEAD = sold

Perhaps something isn’t working correctly because I only saw a couple sold items rather than a page full. 

Can you send a screenshot?

You want the worst of it try looking at the first six pages of DAC sorted by lowest price.  That brings the price up North of $2K.  I suspect to many potential buyers that is not an unreasonable basement for used equipment.  

The page loads with newest at the top of first page by default.  That is fine.  I was just wondering what the decision making in regards to showing every item that has been sold accomplishes.  It was so strange I didn't even look/expect/realize that if I scrolled down half the page there would be a fairly deeply buried option to make sense of the listings that are still live.  

You like the way things are, perfect.  No demands or complaints here. I wish you a nice day and settle in with a selection out of the pile of freshly ripped music.  :)  

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Tough crowd. 

P.S. Over the course of a century those clicks add up I know. Hopefully we’ll have the technology to read your mind so we’ll know it’s you and you only want to see available products from private sellers at that time ?

P.P.S. I’m always open to suggestions with respect to how people want to see it work. 

Sarcasm with a smiley face is still sarcasm. I'll suggest that when something is sold that it be archived.

34 minutes ago, rando said:

You want the worst of it try looking at the first six pages of DAC sorted by lowest price.  That brings the price up North of $2K.  I suspect to many potential buyers that is not an unreasonable basement for used equipment.  

The page loads with newest at the top of first page by default.  That is fine.  I was just wondering what the decision making in regards to showing every item that has been sold accomplishes.  It was so strange I didn't even look/expect/realize that if I scrolled down half the page there would be a fairly deeply buried option to make sense of the listings that are still live.  

You like the way things are, perfect.  No demands or complaints here. I wish you a nice day and settle in with a selection out of the pile of freshly ripped music.  :)  

Excellent. Thanks for the feedback. 

We show the sold stuff to make it easy for buyers and sellers to see historical information. We figure the more info available the better for both parties. However, this doesn’t mean it’s implemented perfect. 

We’re always looking to improve. 

3 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Do you suggest that people look in a specific archive to find what stuff sold for then?

No, I would use a site such as KRUIPEN or many use the blue book pages of Audiogon. I would not try to find the selling price of a specific item by looking at a random list of past sales. But if that is what you want... well, you get the idea.

26 minutes ago, rodrigaj said:

No, I would use a site such as KRUIPEN or many use the blue book pages of Audiogon. I would not try to find the selling price of a specific item by looking at a random list of past sales. But if that is what you want... well, you get the idea.

My idea was to give this info away for free and just have people use the search feature to go to exactly what they want. 

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

My idea was to give this info away for free and just have people use the search feature to go to exactly what they want. 

Kruipen is free. But I get your point. 

However, I'm not sure that people searching your site will know that. I know that now, but it was not obvious to me when I went searching and encountered all of those red "sold" signs. I just found it frustrating.

BTW, a poor man's Audiogon Blue Book is to "Watch" items. These get archived in your "Watch" list with actual selling prices, and if the item doesn't sell that too is noted. You can readily see what the popular prices are on gear you are interested in or decide to sell. Of course, patience is required.

I appreciate that you have taken the time to explain your philosophy and wish you the best of luck.

10 hours ago, rodrigaj said:

Kruipen is free. But I get your point. 

However, I'm not sure that people searching your site will know that. I know that now, but it was not obvious to me when I went searching and encountered all of those red "sold" signs. I just found it frustrating.

BTW, a poor man's Audiogon Blue Book is to "Watch" items. These get archived in your "Watch" list with actual selling prices, and if the item doesn't sell that too is noted. You can readily see what the popular prices are on gear you are interested in or decide to sell. Of course, patience is required.

I appreciate that you have taken the time to explain your philosophy and wish you the best of luck.

Thanks for the feedback. 

We set it up so search results always put the sold items after the available items. In addition, while I really like Kruipen I couldn't see a way to identify the condition of the items sold. A poor condition item may skew the price of all the items with the same model number. It's still really cool though.

We try to let people look at all the old photos and pricing and even contact the seller if desired. It's all about open communication and information.

• 3 weeks later...