IGNORED

Launch Issues & Comments

• 2 weeks later...

I just listed a HeadAmp GS-X Mk2 here, but no matter which keywords I use, it never shows up on a search within the market place. Does it take a while to show up on a search? More importantly if it does not show up on google search within a day or so, it is unlikely anyone is going to find the listing if they are looking for one.

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Our search currently indexes every hour. We will be speeding this up. 

Your product now appears in the search results. 

Our search engine and and google search results are independent. 

Thanks. The 1 hour indexing is good to know. It does show up on the search now.

I understand Google is a different search engine, as long as the google search bot is allowed to crawl the new marketplace,  it would start showing up on Google search.

14 minutes ago, KMan said:

Thanks. The 1 hour indexing is good to know. It does show up on the search now.

I understand Google is a different search engine, as long as the google search bot is allowed to crawl the new marketplace,  it would start showing up on Google search.

HI KMan - Good to hear it's showing up now. 

Oh yes, Google plays a large roll in our business. In addition to search, we continue to spend way more on ad campaigns for Superphonica than I ever spent for CA. We purchased keywords for many of the products people are selling in the marketplace and many general terms. We are also running banner campaigns to help our sellers succeed. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Chris, When I hit the Sell page, it, like Ralf above, just goes to my account page.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

Hi Chris,

How do I delete a draft? I accidentally clicked on Duplicate, and now have an unneeded draft.

Also, while in the listing creation screen, how do I preview what the listing will look like? Right now, the one way I found was a bit clunky:

• Save as draft
  • Grand Central > Sell/Sold to view drafts. Feedback: this is highly unintuitive. Why not have a Buy/Sell dashboard associated with the user on top right, like A-gon does?
  • In the next view, click on the View link.

Another suggestion: +1 for federated feedback from eBay, Head-fi, USAudioMart, possibly others.

12 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Hi Chris,

How do I delete a draft? I accidentally clicked on Duplicate, and now have an unneeded draft.

Also, while in the listing creation screen, how do I preview what the listing will look like? Right now, the one way I found was a bit clunky:

• Save as draft
  • Grand Central > Sell/Sold to view drafts. Feedback: this is highly unintuitive. Why not have a Buy/Sell dashboard associated with the user on top right, like A-gon does?
  • In the next view, click on the View link.

Another suggestion: +1 for federated feedback from eBay, Head-fi, USAudioMart, possibly others.

Draft deleted. 

Thanks for the questions. 

Most people are overthinking things, not you specifically, but most people. When we designed the system we made listing items as simple as possible. We compared many sites, including some that enabled listings with a title and an image, that’s it. We tried to strike a balance between every option possible and no options but simplicity. 

After you you click save draft, you can click on Products at the top of the page to see your drafts or products your selling. 

When looking at your products there is a “View” link that enables you to see what a draft will look like. 

I don’t view Audiogon as a pillar of UI/UX design. Thus, I don’t want to copy them even though people may be used to it.  People are also used to eBay but I think that’s a nightmare. 

Thanks again for the feedback. I’ll be making adjustments to simplify everyone’s life. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Chris, 

I don't see Products on top of the page. What am I missing?

5a6fc572aa949_ScreenShot2018-01-29at7_06_22PM.thumb.png.550b59753c7f69d41aebd3c832f2c821.png

As for previews, is there any way to do a preview while still in the edit listing screen? That way, you don't even need to save a draft. Just get it right, and publish once and for all.

And finally, what about offers/counteroffers? That's a feature, not something related to being used to any site or the other.

Hi Chris, 

I am wondering what the best way to deal with 2 situations:

1. When you are selling multiple units of an item. I don't see support (yet) for a "number" field, that is automatically decremented as individual units sell.
  2. When you want to offer units both for individual sale, and as combos.

Take a look at my 2 units currently for sale, and tell me how I can best use the site features.

https://superphonica.com/all-products/components-digital/streamers/sotm-sms-200-modded-for-sclk-ex-lps-1-combo/

https://superphonica.com/all-products/power/power-supplies/uptone-ultracap-lps-1/

What I've proposed in the text of the listings seems a bit clumsy to me. I realize I could create separate individual AND a combo listing, but then I don't want to be in a situation where different users buy the combo and the individual items very close in time to each other, and I have to cancel one of the sales. That would be embarrassing.

Is there a way of disabling "Add to Cart" so buyers can only make offers? That might be a way to mitigate.

8 hours ago, austinpop said:

Hi Chris, 

I am wondering what the best way to deal with 2 situations:

1. When you are selling multiple units of an item. I don't see support (yet) for a "number" field, that is automatically decremented as individual units sell.
  2. When you want to offer units both for individual sale, and as combos.

Take a look at my 2 units currently for sale, and tell me how I can best use the site features.

https://superphonica.com/all-products/components-digital/streamers/sotm-sms-200-modded-for-sclk-ex-lps-1-combo/

https://superphonica.com/all-products/power/power-supplies/uptone-ultracap-lps-1/

What I've proposed in the text of the listings seems a bit clumsy to me. I realize I could create separate individual AND a combo listing, but then I don't want to be in a situation where different users buy the combo and the individual items very close in time to each other, and I have to cancel one of the sales. That would be embarrassing.

Is there a way of disabling "Add to Cart" so buyers can only make offers? That might be a way to mitigate.

Hi Austinpop - Thanks for using Superphonica and for bringing up these questions. 

1. Selling multiples of an item: We have this feature and can enable it per user or for the entire site. So far we have only enabled it for dealers and manufacturers because they often have several units to sell. We figured that this was one of many distractions for private sellers because they almost always have a single unit to sell. We’ve disabled 25 capabilities like this because they made selling a product cumbersome. We will certainly bring these back one by one if there is a need. For now we will enable this for private sellers if they ask. 

2. Combo pricing is tough because it involves logic specific for certain products from a single seller. If product A is purchased and product B is purchased, then the price is $xx.xx  Else, the prices are $yy.yy and $zz.zz. We can do this, but we’re walking before we run. We also don’t want to scare off people from selling items because the user interface is too complicated and full of options they won’t use. We’re looking for the right balance. 

We probably will enable Make Offer only if someone wants to forgo setting a price or wants to bundle like in your case. It’s just a matter of removing a couple lines of code. 

Until I remove the code, I think your current statement in the product description is pretty good.