IGNORED

Article: Introducing Superphonica

13 minutes ago, ted_b said:

Chris,

I may have missed it but is it ok to double post (give biz to Superphonica but realizing CA marketplace is more well known for now).  I ask cuz not all CA users will know about Superphonica asap and I have some stuff to sell now.   Thx  Looks great.

Ted

No problem Ted.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 hours ago, GUTB said:

The main differentiator with Audiogon appears to be fulfillment. Using Escrow.com seems inferior from the buyer’s perspective vs a credit card, but for very large purchases the integration is welcome.

How is Escrow inferior in any way? It’s cheaper and offers more protection that all other methods. 

Nobody is is blocking you from using credit cards via PayPal. 

Many differentiators from Audiogon, among them price. 

Here are more details https://superphonica.com/seller-center/

Also, check out our Brand Boutiques

https://superphonica.com/brand-boutiques/

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

46 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

I was interested until I saw that Paypal is (essentially) required for individuals...

https://www.law360.com/articles/10991/paypal-settles-28-state-probes-federal-suit

I would not touch Paypal with a 10 ft. pole.

There is no requirement to use PayPal. Perhaps we errantly stated that somewhere?

Our tight integration with Escrow is a great alternative. 

1 hour ago, Bones13 said:

Very nice Chris. My closet is getting full, your new site came just in time. My previous clearance sales have been on HeadFi, and using that very busy forum was a bit of a headache, although my smaller items will probably do better there.

Registered without incident. Looking forward to taking some pictures this weekend.

Thanks, and good luck!

Hi bones - thanks so much. I encourage you to list even your smaller items. You have zero risk (no cost to list) and the fee to sell would be insignificant (1%). 

Thanks again. 

9 minutes ago, Tintinabulum said:

Does that mean either paypal or escrow?, something wrong with cash? All these limitations, either/ors, all have costs and charges which all add up and profit the monopoly suppliers. Options reduced, pockets filled. I find this menacing and grabby. I'm getting a bit and grumpy though...

Hi Tintinabulum - No worries about getting . a bit grumpy :~)

Currently we support PayPal or Escrow for private sellers. if you purchase from a dealer or manufacturer who are in our Premium program, then we are totally cool with them accepting cash, wire transfer or whatever. 

The deal is that we have to keep the lights on and get paid for services rendered. When people use PayPal or Escrow, we receive a 1% fee (up to $349). This is automatic. If people paid cash to the seller, we wouldn't get paid. Because our dealer and manufacturer premium programs have a monthly fee, we waive the 1% fee on all sales. Thus, we encourage payment any way that works for these products. 

Does this make sense?

We really like free listings and only paying once a product has sold. Zero risk to list. Thus, we have to collect at some point upon the sale.

4 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

Ok just registered. One thing I might add is that it would be nice for there a way to differentiate between used items and new, or at least private sellers and dealers. Best of luck - it looks great!  

Hi Charles - Thanks for the feedback. 

There is definitely a way to do what you want. We wanted it too, so we made it work. 

You can filter by New or Used as long as the seller indicates if the item is new or used. 

We also have Premium Seller and Trusted Partner indicators on each product page. On the search page, Trusted Partner’s products have a handshake icon in the upper left corner.