1 hour ago, audiophile911 said:

Just as an example: https://www.audio “science” review/forum/index.php?threads/new-optical-ethernet-streamer-from-sonore-systemoptique-sopt.7479/

Is it surprising I'm confused and skeptical?  Very frustrating!!!  Why should I have to go to the expense and hassle of buying everything, rewiring my house just so I can test this??  Then reviews (who get all the gear for free to test) say -we'll you have to trust your own ears!

Do you trust your ears, mostly trust your ears, tepidly trust your ears or completely distrust your ears and believe measurements tell you everything you need to know about how something will sound? 

If you tend to fall more toward the former group, and you have an interest in experimenting, then there are lots of choices and options at different price points, and you should buy and try in your own home to find what sounds best to you (and there are lots of threads here on Audiophilestyle to help guide and inform).

If you tend to fall more toward the latter group, buy whatever audio gear measures best for the least amount of money (you will also very much enjoy the ASR site).

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

On 5/31/2020 at 7:08 PM, davide256 said:

the Qutest remedies all of these, is designed for main system use. I haven't auditioned a Qutest yet but based on its reviews, newer design and the pleasing results

I'm getting from the Mojo, I expect the Qutest to perform even better and integrate properly as main system DAC that I can power with an LPS 1.2

I recently had Mojo and Qutest in my main system.  Your expectations will be met and then some.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

• 2 years later...

Tweaks to Qutest:

My personal experience is that adding a Denafrips Gaia DDC, as well as an Uptone LPS to Qutest was rather large. I'd even say 'transformative' (on a audio enthusiast scale).