My personal favorite for now - apart from the new, higher tap length - is the user-selectable output voltage available in 1, 2 and 3V RMS

Main system: Jriver (OSX) --> ethernet --> Volumio (Raspberry Pi 2) --> Chord 2Qute (USB in) --> Cyrus 2 + PSX --> Rogers LS3/5a

Second system: Jriver (OSX) --> ethernet --> Volumio (Raspberry Pi 2) --> AR-T Legato --> Cambridge Audio DacMagic 2 --> Cyrus 8 vs2 --> Harbeth LS3/5a

I was waiting for a brand new 2qute DAC to replace my Arcam iRDAC, but recently I bought an 12v Sbooster LPS device for my iRDAC, assuming the new Chord wil have this input voltage too, so I am a little bit disappointed with 5v. I guess more people upgrading their 12v Chord DAC's will have this problem, but perhaps there is a solution?

14 minutes ago, Norton said:

Just noticed the power input is on micro USB, I wonder if this has any significance?  

Some owners managed to fry Hugo and 2Qute by connecting them to wrong power supplies with voltages other than 12V.

It's a piece of cake to eliminate that possibility by replacing the usual 5.5-mm DC power input with micro USB.

Now we're just trying to find out if Qutest were consuming more than 1.1A @ 5V continuously or otherwise. We can't match two units of LPS-1 ourselves to provide 11 watts if 5.5 watts weren't good enough.

17 minutes ago, Norton said:

Just noticed the power input is on micro USB, I wonder if this has any significance?  

No, if you have clean power over USB, but now I realise that I have to sell my recently bought Sbooster 12v. I guess, most people have to buy an adapter. 

There just isn't enough incentive for me to upgrade from my 2Qute.  Not for the price of the M-Scaler.  No rush.  I'm leaning more towards Hugo 2 (on a deal) seeing what the Qutest offers.  Happy with the 2Qute for now, prices and technology have to come to my budget/desires for upgrade.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

I assume that with the launch of the Qutest, there won’t be a Hugo2 TT.  I wonder if Chord has plans for a non-headphone unit somewhere between the Qutest (~$1,600 USD) and the Dave (~$11,000 USD).  That’s such a significant price spread.... 

BPT 3.5 Ultra/Reference 3A Reflectors/MSB Technology S201 Amplifier/MSB Technology Analog DAC/MSB Technology Network Renderer/Audirvana +

2 hours ago, catastrofe said:

I assume that with the launch of the Qutest, there won’t be a Hugo2 TT.  I wonder if Chord has plans for a non-headphone unit somewhere between the Qutest (~$1,600 USD) and the Dave (~$11,000 USD).  That’s such a significant price spread.... 

Good question, who knows.  You can get DAVE around 7K to 8K these days.  Still a big spread.  Wish they would have the Qutest with volume control thus headphone output, I would have been all over it, regardless my objection to the power input.  Again, I would lean to the Hugo 2 instead.  Although my objection to the Lipo batteries.  At least they are removable/replaceable.  

I can't seem to win on the design/price point I want.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

This is good news.  From Rob,

"A 2A supply is shipped with qutest, but it will work fine with a 1A 5V supply."

2 minutes ago, ElviaCaprice said:

This is good news.  From Rob,

"A 2A supply is shipped with qutest, but it will work fine with a 1A 5V supply."

This means that my Supra USB cable wth an adapter/connector to micro USB is good enough?

1 minute ago, jos said:

This means that my Supra USB cable wth an adapter/connector to micro USB is good enough?

Only 0.5A from a single USB 2.0 ports if that were connected to a computer of some sort, we'll need some kinda batteries or linear PSU etc. for 1.0A or above.

LPS-1 is good for 1.1A so we're good to go

OZ0l86Dm.jpg

@seeteeyou, what's the best source for those micro adapters for power?  

Okay, reading more specs on Qutest, I think it's a winner.  The power requirements won me over.  

@ElviaCaprice, they're almost always cheap stuff that could be made by pretty much everyone and hopefully Mouser would ship to Costa Rica

https://www.adafruit.com/product/2789

https://www.mouser.com/productdetail/adafruit/2789?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvI6uSdB0AenUUOc1uEPRu5r52gePO%2bd2g%3D

For those of us in US could easily find them on Amazon etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Conwork-2-Pack-Jacket-Adapter-Cellphone/dp/B01G6EBGWO

Hugo 2 does have that "Desktop Mode" after it's connected to the wall for more than 24 hours, though we'll need either SR4 or SR7 if LPS-1 @ 1.1A weren't good enough because of extra features.

Yeah, I have a SR7 MR4 waiting for me in the US.  Hopefully I did get my request for one adjustable output from 12V to 5V.  The other concern with the Hugo 2 is that silly USB micro input for streaming.  I really like the USPCB for it's neutrality.  I think Uptone talked about making one with a micro design?  

Can't win on features/price with Chord.