IGNORED

New PSU Build Together?

hurka

Hurka

You will need to keep the  Input to Output voltage difference quite low due to the small size of the heatsink.

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

38 minutes ago, hurka said:

thank you Alex! My big toroidal at home only 12v ,so the plan: 11/9/5 v steps down.

Hurka

A 12V transformer winding into a Bridge rectifier, and followed by a filter capacitor will result in a voltage of around 16.8V less rectifier voltage drops, so you can expect around 16V to start with .

Alex

Click on the image for a larger image.

Design Guide  for Rectifier Use .jpg

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

42 minutes ago, hurka said:

I compared some psu's Before 10 pm

LPS1 +Teradak 

SPS500

my DIY linear rail

my DIY u cap power bank without regulators

results:

1. LPS1

2.DIY u cap

3.DIY linear 

4.SPS 500

after 10 pm:

1.DIY linear

2.Sps500

3.LPS1

4.DIY u cap

Don't forget that larger value electrolytic capacitors usually take quite a few hours of use on them before they fully stabilise.

54 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Don't forget that larger value electrolytic capacitors usually take quite a few hours of use on them before they fully stabilise.

My first thought not about large capacitor.

The Ac main quality at home,this my serious problem! 

3 hours ago, hurka said:

My first thought not about large capacitor.

The Ac main quality at home,this my serious problem! 

Interesting! Do you use isolations transformers (balanced, floating etc?), AVRs or AC mains DC blockers of any kind? Despite these inline there is still a difference depending on time of the day, but less so IME.

Also, I would recommend that you try a JSGT on your DIY linear PSU. It can reduce a slight HF fog. I am currently experimenting with different spots for it to make it optimal on my 3A single ps LT3045.

1 minute ago, Cornan said:

Interesting! Do you use isolations transformers (balanced, floating etc?), AVRs or AC mains voltage regs of any kind? Despite these inline there is still a difference depending on time of the day, but less so IME.

Also, I would recommend that you try a JSGT on your DIY linear PSU. It can reduce a slight HF fog. I am currently experimenting with different spots for it to make it optimal.

with sotm tx usb ultra and others.., and perfect time,(ac not noisy,at night) BEST sound that I we ever heard .

Many times  the  ac noisy,i cant enjoy the music,so bad.

Before  I don't have usb ultra,the difference was not huge,i can accept the sound.

I'm using 9 PCS!!!!!!!! isolation traansformers!!!!!!Help a lot,but not 100%.

1 minute ago, hurka said:

with sotm tx usb ultra and others.., and perfect time,(ac not noisy,at night) BEST sound that I we ever heard .

Many times  the  ac noisy,i cant enjoy the music,so bad.

Before  I don't have usb ultra,the difference was not huge,i can accept the sound.

I'm using 9 PCS!!!!!!!! isolation traansformers!!!!!!Help a lot,but not 100%.

Wow, nine ITs! Which kind of ITs do you use? I can tell you that IME (using four different kinds of ITs) the balanced isolation transformer with floating center-tap (floating secondary) is simply outstanding. 

20170926_194207-1.thumb.jpg.7bedcf14517ef019a76b20f63f360822.jpg20170926_194151-1.thumb.jpg.fa6326142eb5b3918141750125dc0a92.jpg

The switch is not needed. Grounded center tap cannot even compare. A 2-pole RCD/GFCI at the output is however a must with this IT.

4 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Wow, nine ITs! Which kind of ITs do you use? I can tell you that IME (using four different kinds of ITs) the balanced isolation transformer with floating center-tap (floating secondary) is simply outstanding. 

20170926_194207-1.thumb.jpg.7bedcf14517ef019a76b20f63f360822.jpg20170926_194151-1.thumb.jpg.fa6326142eb5b3918141750125dc0a92.jpg

The switch is not needed. Grounded center tap cannot even compare. A 2-pole RCD/GFCI at the output is however a must with this IT.

TB1SNc_KVXXXXX6XFXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg

After some experimenting with JSGT with my Gophert csp-3205II>3A Single ps LT3045>Brooklyn DAC I think I just found the optimal spot so far where the slight HF fog (very slight) heard through my Fostex TH900 (not via Gibson LP 8 monitors though). Between the DC input of my Brooklyn DAC and the star-earth receptacle of my starquad-wired PSD. 

IMG_6967.thumb.JPG.fd8756d786a5a6069d3cbbd553979b61.JPG

IMG_6970.thumb.JPG.2723dedf7d00dc0e60ebffa8068504e7.JPG

I just made a simple switch of the JSGT end to the star-earthed receptacle to the Entreq Minimus grounding box using the same Supra CombiCon banana plug.

IMG_6971.thumb.JPG.df1f90ade5e6d800d53bdafb38fb7807.JPG

It took roughly 10 seconds for the sound just opened up. Amazing really! Now there is no sign at all of that HF fog. All gone now and everything I earlier heard was there but was slightly masked by that HF fog have just emerged from the shadow. Wow, I am speachless. Sounds SO good! ?

My next mission will be to put Stammheims (Michaels) 3A LT3045 single ps in series pre my Brooklyn DAC (14v>13v/3A>12v/3A) to see if that will improve things further! :) 

Interesting that the new LPS-1.2 is using LT3045s in parallel on a single board as well. Putting two parallel single boards in series should atleast in theory make things ever better. Let´s see! :)