IGNORED

UltraRendu vs an expensive music server

3 hours ago, KingRex said:

I really hope my original question does no become misdirected and lost.  I have looked in many ways on google and this forum as well as other forum to find some sort of comparison of a Sonore product to a recognized name brand streamer such as a Linn or server such as Lampizator SK, Antipoes or other.  There really appear to be non.  Or I cant get one to rise in my search queue.  That is all I ask.  Has anyone had the chance to have both in their system.  What did they hear.

The frame of reference between the Sonore ultra/micro rendu and a Linn Streamer doesn't work. A Linn Akurate DS for example, accepts 192/24 max, the rendus accept DSD512. The Linn has an analog S/PDIF out, the Rendus have a USB out. To make a fair assessment, a neutral sounding USB-S/PDIF would need to be installed on the rendu, the best of good luck finding that.

An SK is a server...... All these devices what you've chosen depend on each other to work, therefore they cannot be compared against each other, could that be why there's no response.

Whatever you have now must not be up to expectations, is that the motive behind the question?

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Airborne emissions are received by an AM radio. A computer can deliver buckets of this noise, whether the receiver can filter out this rubbish, is the susceptibility of the construction of the audio device. Metal is a good start, ultimately the same frequency of the computer can be measured on the supply rails, and this is pretty remote these days.

Conducted noise is far more serious though to block or filter requires a lot more thought especially on signal lines.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA