IGNORED

Audirvana 3 For Windows

bhobba

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:14 PM, Geoffrey Armstrong said:

On this 6moons page:

http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/munich2018/9.html

… I read

"His algorithms have more potential applications still. He has already tested the benefit of this technology on a simple iPhone and prototype version of the Audirvana software player"

… referring to Gilles Milot's recent new digital volume control algorithm.

Does anyone know if this volume algorithm is being incorporated into A+ for Mac and Windows? The article also mentions new up-sampling algorithms from M Milot!

A forthcoming Audirvana update will include the Milot code:

https://darko.audio/2018/05/kih-57-a-lead-on-leedh/

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

1 hour ago, matthias said:

Matt

1 hour ago, matthias said:

Matt

Thanks Matt. We shouldn’t have to wait much longer to try this for ourselves and find out if it’s really as good as claimed.

Owner of: Sound Galleries, High-End Audio Dealer, Monaco

On 6/1/2018 at 12:03 AM, Geoffrey Armstrong said:

Thanks Matt. We shouldn’t have to wait much longer to try this for ourselves and find out if it’s really as good as claimed.

Geoffrey,

according to this link

http://www.audioshark.org/soulution-81/560-d-4822-page4.html?styleid=2

the Soulution 560 DAC with Leedh Processing outperforms the 520 preamp.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

Thanks Matt. I'd also read that in the 6Moons article I referenced above.

It'll be very interesting to see if the Leedh method of volume control goes viral and gets adopted by a wide range of software and hardware companies, or whether it will remain exclusive to a handful, including A+ and Soulution. If it's that good everyone will want it to give them that edge.

Geoff

Owner of: Sound Galleries, High-End Audio Dealer, Monaco

Can't wait to try this out via A+ soon as I have not been using a Preamp for a long time, just relying on the preamp section of my DACs.

There are also some great DACs without volume control, so Leedh digital volume will give the digital only systems more options to choose from when hunting for better DACs.

@damien78, would you be kind enough to confirm if Leedh Processing will be included in both Mac and Win versions of A+?
Merci.

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

Out of necessity, I have a number of Windows PC’s at home, so Audirvana was of little interest as I was never going to get a Mac.  Now a Windows version is pending I am very interested.  I think this could suit me far better than Roon that I am using now.

I have a question for the experienced A+ was users, how does it deal with individual track ratings?  I have many thousands of individually rated tracks in iTunes, does A+ deal with them with similar functionality to iTunes?

A second question, I am currently running convolution filters as produced by Thierry’s “Home Audio Fidelity”. Does anyone have experience with running these in A+?

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

On 6/3/2018 at 4:37 AM, mevdinc said:

Can't wait to try this out via A+ soon as I have not been using a Preamp for a long time, just relying on the preamp section of my DACs.

There are also some great DACs without volume control, so Leedh digital volume will give the digital only systems more options to choose from when hunting for better DACs.

@damien78, would you be kind enough to confirm if Leedh Processing will be included in both Mac and Win versions of A+?
Merci.

If it is included, hopefully there would be an option to turn it off when volume control from a preamp or DAC is preferred. 

Audirvana 3.x on the Mac requires an internet connection for registration and at least an internet connection every 1 or 2 weeks to run (protection). As my PC runs an Audiophile Optimizer treated version of Windows 10, which has no internet connection, Audirvana for Windows will not register or run if Damien uses the same protection scheme for Windows as he does for the Mac.

On 6/3/2018 at 5:14 PM, Confused said:

how does it deal with individual track ratings?  I have many thousands of individually rated tracks in iTunes, does A+ deal with them with similar functionality to iTunes?

I don't use Rating at all. A+ has a Rating system but I have no idea whether or not it's compatible with iTunes Rating system.

On 6/3/2018 at 5:14 PM, Confused said:

A second question, I am currently running convolution filters as produced by Thierry’s “Home Audio Fidelity”. Does anyone have experience with running these in A+? 

A+ doesn't provide a convolution engine. There are some convolution plugins availble but I suspect you'll get in trouble regarding buffer/delay when running convolution through a VST plugin ... though it does work in realtime mode (plugin realtime mode that is) on MAC (with the AU version of the respective VSTs).

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2018 at 4:32 AM, copy_of_a said:

I don't use Rating at all. A+ has a Rating system but I have no idea whether or not it's compatible with iTunes Rating system.

A+ doesn't provide a convolution engine. There are some convolution plugins availble but I suspect you'll get in trouble regarding buffer/delay when running convolution through a VST plugin ... though it does work in realtime mode (plugin realtime mode that is) on MAC (with the AU version of the respective VSTs).

Can auidiovarna be ouputed through HQPlayer? Would solve upsampling and convolution issues.

• 1 month later...

just wanted to share that I've been running Audirvana for Windows and, since I don't use Roon, it's the first time I've been able to have Tidal stream via ASIO.  Best Tidal sound quality I've experienced yet.

Next: I would like to see Audirvana Plus work on a Windows Server 2016 Core machine running Audiophile Optimizer.

• 2 months later...

Is there a Remote app for Android as well?

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2018 at 10:25 AM, Matias said:

Is there a Remote app for Android as well?

This is the only key requirement that is keeping me from buying A+ for Windows...

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

• 2 months later...

I have been using A+ for Windows for some time and am generally very happy with it. I have it upsample to DSD and send the result to mpd on a Linux machine via upmpdcli. The DAC is a Lampizator with Amanero,

There is one problem however: when I upsample to DSD256 initially all seems well (great SQ!) but after between 9 to 11 minutes of continuous playing, a hissing noise is added to the music. I tried several SOX settings but the problem always occurs after said playing time.

No problem when upsampling with HQPlayer to DSD256 into NAA.

Neither with A+ upsampling to DSD64 into upmpdcli/mpd.

Anyone has any idea what could be wrong?

audio system

• 3 weeks later...

I have just updated to A+ 1.3.3(1059) and I keep getting drop outs on one channel or the other as I upsample to DSD512. Is anyone else having this issue? Perhaps my i5 is running out of steam, but it rarely happened before this latest update. From what I can tell, it even happens once the processing is done and in the cache.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz