IGNORED

Audirvana 3 For Windows

bhobba

5 hours ago, One and a half said:

The proper implementation of uPNP for non Roon players like most Japanese sourced network players, Pioneer, Teac, Denon, Yamaha et al will be welcome for a large computer user base.

I would not have bothered mentioning Pioneer streamers wrt requiring proper implementation of UPnP - none of them support gapless playback when used with a gapless supporting UPnP/DLNA control point, so won't play gaplessly with Audirvana Plus regardless.

5 hours ago, One and a half said:

Windows Media Player is a woeful platform for a music server, thank goodness there's a better alternative.

No need to wait for an alternative to WMP for UPnP/DLNA support - JRiver Media Center, foobar2000, etc, are already here!

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

On 5/11/2018 at 11:48 PM, One and a half said:

I didn't mention gapless. That's a function of the player and its performance, if you want to nitpick which you usually do.

Er, no. Under standard UPnP/DLNA both, the player and the controller have to support gapless playback for it to function - ie, proper implementaion of UPnP/DLNA.

BTW, my beef was (obviously) with Pioneer - not Audirvana Plus, which to its credit does support gapless as a standard UPnP/DLNA control point. So Pioneer devices aren't really good examples of those requiring proper implementaion of UPnP.

On 5/11/2018 at 11:48 PM, One and a half said:

I forgot the bits are bits concept.

Can't see how mentioning a couple of existing alternatives to WMP as Windows UPnP/DLNA controllers/media servers would lead you to that conclusion!

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

On 5/12/2018 at 6:36 PM, koupa said:

I'm waiting the program. I use Roon all the time but a simpler solution is always welcome. Now I have installed foobar2000 and jriver. But both of them are not polished. Foobar2000 has a raw power but is very 00's in the interface and jriver is a total mess. It has a lot of options but it lacks the small bits to make it perfect. 

Agreed. Both JMC & fb2k require a fair bit of configuration and/or insider info for them to be used satisfactorily as UPnP/DLNA controllers/media servers.

-- Jo Cox