IGNORED

Help Trouble Shooting Skip-to-next-track problem in my Streaming setup

5 hours ago, nbpf said:

If opportune, Sonore can easily provide a SonicOrbiter image with new settings.

First we need to get Sonore to engage in troubleshooting this problem.  MIA so far.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

37 minutes ago, rickca said:

First we need to get Sonore to engage in troubleshooting this problem.  MIA so far.

I don't mean to speak for Sonore, but they do have a sponsored support thread. Perhaps this needs to be moved over there?

I for one, would feel very uncomfortable messing around with the SD card on my ultraRendu and really don't feel qualified to articulate this problem to them.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

1 hour ago, rodrigaj said:

I don't mean to speak for Sonore, but they do have a sponsored support thread. Perhaps this needs to be moved over there?

I for one, would feel very uncomfortable messing around with the SD card on my ultraRendu and really don't feel qualified to articulate this problem to them.

text config files for boot are harmless to change as long as you save a copy of the original config... worst that happens is failed boot and you revert to the saved backup.  Windows has made people forget what MS-DOS was like.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

11 hours ago, nbpf said:

Let's first try out whether the suggested settings solve or at least alleviate the issue. If opportune, Sonore can easily provide a SonicOrbiter image with new settings. Since the Rendu devices boot from the SD card, users can always make a security copy of their system and play around with new settings, can't they?

Them’s fighten’ words in Sonoreville . . . 

But seriously:  I took this issue  up months ago with Jesus via direct email and at some point in Sonore’s sponsored forums.  He replied briefly, but didn’t think it was a problem with the uRendu/sonicorbiter and didn’t take much interest.  So I decided to open a thread outside Sonore fora in case it was a networking issue or something.

I get it with Jesus, if it’s not widely reported or repeatable.  Now we seem to have a few instances and a good deal of speculation.  (You guys actually understand this stuff ;)).

Along the way, You might have noticed referenced @vortecjr, hoping he might bring his expertise to bear on your observations and hypotheses.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Upmpdcli 1.3.2 (with libupnpp 0.16.1) appears to have fixed the problem in my case. One needs to set the 'plgproxymethod = proxy' flag in the upmpdcli configuration file. With this setting I have been able to stream from Qobuz for more than 15 hours without any track skip or interruption. I have used exactly those albums that otherwise tended to generate a lot of track jumps. Thanks to the upmpdcli developer for fixing this problem!

On 9/27/2018 at 10:10 PM, nbpf said:

Upmpdcli 1.3.2 (with libupnpp 0.16.1) appears to have fixed the problem in my case. One needs to set the 'plgproxymethod = proxy' flag in the upmpdcli configuration file. With this setting I have been able to stream from Qobuz for more than 15 hours without any track skip or interruption. I have used exactly those albums that otherwise tended to generate a lot of track jumps. Thanks to the upmpdcli developer for fixing this problem!

Unfortunately that was a little bit too optimistic. It is true that setting `plgproxymethod = proxy` in the upmpdcli configuration file completely solves the track skipping issue. However, it introduced a new problem: sometimes streaming gets stuck at the beginning of a track. I have observer this behavior on tracks 4 and 5 of www.qobuz.com/de-de/album/bernstein-symphonies-nos-1-3-prelude-fugue-riffs-antonio-pappano/j5y25ahdwr2tc but also for other albums. Thus, it seems that we are back to square one, see also my last post on https://opensourceprojects.eu/p/upmpdcli/tickets/_discuss/thread/0ea46934/post