IGNORED

Innuos Zenith SE MkII

On 2/2/2018 at 4:09 PM, austinpop said:

"Before starting, contact Nuno at Innuos support and have him do a remote session to unlock the local SSD as a selectable storage location in Roon. This is very important!"

My MKII Std is to be delivered to my dealer in CT tomorrow and in turn shipped out. In preparation for my Roon migration I asked about the unlocking of the SSD. He went back to Innuos and this was the response:

Innuos tells me that if you want to skip Autoimport, just move all files onto the "Unsorted" folder and Roon will sync without any issues, maintaining the original file structure. They say they only unlocked a drive in a very specific case and it is not something they will do on a regular basis.

Will this work and if yes what do I lose not following austinpop's advice?

Thank you

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

ISOLATION: Stillpoints/Symposium/IsoAcoustics/Herbie's/PS Audio Powerbase

4 hours ago, jenjoh said:

To use roon server on my zenith MK-II I just made my self a folder that I called it  SSD under the “music” folder on the zenith share. I copied all my music to this folder and roon will locate this folder and import the filesfrom it directly. I have absolutly no problem with this. You van also as Innous use the «unsorted» folder in the same manner, this folder is also under the “Music” folder. The roon server will use  both folders and all other folders under “Music” without problem. 

Hello @jenjoh - did you migrate and existing Roon library or set up a new one?  

I also thought @austinpop mentioned backing up via an attached usb was difficult without unlocking

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

4 minutes ago, jenjoh said:

It is one the file share. The zenit is set up automaticly as a file share. On my imac it shows up. On a Windows you see it under network neighborhood as. Called zenit 

Understood Jenjoh. If it's available as a network share and shows up on my MAC/network it should be fairly simple.

But if you copied your Roon db to the Zenith and than restored from a backup don't you have both copies on the zenith (or did you delete this copy after restore)? Thank you

1 minute ago, jenjoh said:

Deleted after restoring 

Perfect. Thank you jenjoh!

3 hours ago, austinpop said:

Yeah you can make it work. 

The main thing I don't like is that Innuos locks the Roon music storage location to just the Music folder, whose full path in the OS is /storage/music. No other local destination is selectable. Because of this lock, you can't even select a folder within Music as your Roon storage location - it has to be Music, and nothing else.

I found this awkward, but it doesn't mean you can't make it work. 

Appreciate the help guys!

On 8/1/2018 at 4:31 AM, jenjoh said:

It is one the file share. The zenit is set up automaticly as a file share. On my imac it shows up. On a Windows you see it under network neighborhood as. Called zenit 

Hello - Just received the MKII. I can log on to my.inuos.com but the Innuos does not appear as a drive on my MAC. Do I need to do anything special to see this?

6 minutes ago, austinpop said:

This happens from time to time. Do the following:

1. Determine the IP address of your MkII. One way to do this is to go to my.innuos.com, select your server, then click on System. You'll see the IP address there. Say it's 192.168.0.150 (just an example)
  2. In Finder, select Go from the menu, then "Connect to Server"
  3. In the next screen, enter smb://192.168.0.150 in the Server address field, then hit Connect

That should do it.

Perfect. Thanks @austinpop. I suppose I'll need to use the Unsorted folder as directed by Innuos since the Music folder contains the grouping (Hi Res, etc). Connected as a Guest

Assuming I can also drop my Roon backup here temporarily.

Fairly long process for my library. Approx 23 hours.

Might have made a mistake just dropping the artist folders into Unsorted and not creating a music library folder (off of Unsorted or Music). I may have to fix before installing Roon. Not sure what everyone else has done or thinks is best.

Key might be where do the Innuos disc rips go?

Thanks for the guidance

Sorry to hijack this thread - having trouble accessing my Roon backup. Seems like my only option is Dropbox (don't have enough space). I have a copy in the Unsorted folder. How do I access that?  Add a network share? If yes what is the path?  

I think I figured it out

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, BigAlMc said:

Library and metadata fixes can be done already via pc or laptop. This release doesn't appear to further what we care about, sound quality.

Cache memory Roon or anything else that improves the SQ should be the focus.

Cheers,

Alan

Well said Alan @austinpop 

Innuos support had told me last week the Roon/LMS output wasn't ready yet and wouldn't be in this update:

We do not have this function implemented yet, we are working on it but need to be sure its stable before releasing this feature.

Totally agree improving the sound quality should be the #1 focus.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, yellowblue said:

Last for today - has everybody who owns a Zenith understood that there is a latency setting at the bottom of "settings" in the Zenith menue? The sound in my system has become much more relaxed after I chose "low latency".

Hello @yellowblue  Can you attach a graphic? I cannot seem to find this setting on my MKII (unless it is only on the MKII or Statement). Thank you

5 minutes ago, yellowblue said:

Go to settings and then at the bottom of the page under the green sign "Music Player" you come to "Configure USB Latency Mode". Choose low latency if it works with your DAC.

Thank you. I don't see Music Player. Have Music Server with no Low Latency option. I'm on 1.4.1

My Innuos Zenith 2018-12-08 06-33-37.jpg

Looks like it, unfortunately. Thank you for confirming

18 minutes ago, #Yoda# said:

No, I can choose it as well.

Now I have it. Once I enable the Squeezelite player it was there. Thanks everyone

On 12/9/2018 at 3:02 PM, thyname said:

Do Innuos servers (Zen and ZENith) benefit from a good aftermarket AC power cord, or the stock power cord is fine?

What are you guys using?

I'm a firm believer in upgrading stock PC's. I'm using a Triode Wire Labs HP Digital American with good results. This is highly regarded by Herb Reichert/Stereophile on digital equipment:

https://www.stereophile.com/content/gramophone-dreams-23-audioquest-triode-wire-labs

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2018 at 4:18 PM, baconbrain said:

This excerpt from the Release Notes sounds interesting ...

“(Experimental) New option in Roon Settings to allow using our internal player with Roon, enabling RAM playback”

Now that we have all had the new experimental Roon/LMS feature for awhile, I am curious as to what everyone is using for playback?

1. 100% via Roon/LMS feature
  2. 100% LMS
  3. Back & Forth

I still feel the sound on the LMS player alone is slightly better although the gap has closed significantly. It is tough giving up Roon so I have mostly been using the new feature

15 minutes ago, mrkoven said:

Are there stutter/dropout issues w/ option 1 though? If so hopefully the next release will iron those out..

I haven't had any stuttering. I've had a few issues since going to Roon 1.6 (Qobuz static, library songs starting/stopping)

11 hours ago, JFHSQT said:

ONE THING I have noticed with the 1.6 update and Roon radio - it does give me a warning message saying that Roon Radio playback is limited to my own library. I don't know if this is a limitation of the LMS setting or what.

That is odd @JFHSQT I am not seeing that and Radio is hitting my library, Tidal & Roon with the experimental feature

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, thyname said:

For the Fuse upgrade, did you do it yourself? I don’t even know where the fuse is located on my ZENith MK3

I had this same issue @thyname. Where is the fuse holder? @austinpop pointed out you have to remove the power cord and you will see a compartment under the AC inlet

For anyone who put a Synergistic Blue fuse in a MKII, what fuse size did you get?

• 2 months later...

Hello - looking for advice from the Innuos owners here.  I am currently running this USB chain: Innuos MKII 4TB>SOtM tX-USBultra>PS Audio DS Sr.  If I was looking to upgrade down the line would I be better off:

1) Adding the Innuos USB Reclocker (assuming this replaces the SOtM)

2) Selling the MKII and purchasing a MKIII

3) Other

Thank you

30 minutes ago, BigAlMc said:

Hey Frank,

Not sure anyone can really answer re the Innuos Reclocker until they get their hands on it and hear it in action. No disrespect to Innuos but it's a promised future product only at this stage.

There might be people out there including perhaps Innuos who can advise on the performance delta between the MKII and MKIII.

Meantime there is a 3rd option. People are gushing about the difference the Evox caps & silver wiring makes to the TX-USBUltra. So getting the TX upgraded may be a cheaper way to improve performance whilst you await the USB reclocker reviews. Would also increase the resale value of the TX if you then change direction to the Innuos reclocker.

What PSU are you using on the TX-USBUltra? That might also be an area for improvement.

Never short of options in the crazy baffling hobby of ours! 😄

Cheers,

Alan

Great points as always Alan.

When you say upgrade the TX-USBUltra do you mean purchase the upgraded model and sell existing? Or does SOtM have an upgrade path?

Would love feedback on the delta between the MKII & MKIII.  Love the MKII but if I can swap for a bit of cash it might make sense if the improvements are significant (IE MKIII benefitting from SE & Statement development). I also probably don't need the 4TB (maybe 2TB would work). Original thought was I wanted the extra space for the long term but is there really a long term with the technology changing so fast?

I'm using the Uptone LPS 1.2 for the TX. Phasure Lush I & II USB cables. Also have an upgraded Audio Sensibilities Silver Signature DC cable between the Uptone/TX

Thank you

• 1 month later...
On 2/24/2019 at 10:54 AM, austinpop said:

I forget offhand what the default fuse is in the SE, but I’ve learned (the hard way) that SR recommends installing a higher rated Blue fuse. Typically a multiplier of 1.33-1.5x.

To be safe, I’d call them (SR) and double check.

Hi @austinpop Not having much luck here on this fuse upgrade. Innuous is stating:

For the fuse will need to get the following type:

Slow Blow, 2A, 250 V
5mm x 20mm / 0.2" x 0.79"
As long as the fuse adheres to these specs, it should be fine

SR is not answering my questions regarding a recommended multiplier. They have 2A, 2.5A & 3.15A versions. 

1.33 (2.66) and 1.5 (3) are not avail (at least from The Cable Co)

For people that have upgraded the SE fuse to an SR, what size are you using?

Hello @Nenon  that makes sense and thanks for the detailed answer

1 hour ago, thyname said:

@FrankMA The following specs Blue Fuse worked well in my ZENith MK3

Small (5x20mm)

Slow Blow

3.15A

Thanks @thyname. Will get one on order