IGNORED

Innuos Zenith SE MkII

3 hours ago, firedog said:

Good for you. Will be interested if you do a comparison of it with and without the Bricasti. Innous seems to think it is better without the streamer there, direct from the HD. 

well it'll be difficult cause i can't go directly with USB into the dac as there is a room corrector (Trinnov ST2 hifi) in between and i can only go through SPDIF or AES .... so only 3 possibilities 

1- remove the trinnov and go to the DAC through USB ( no way the trinnov is doing so good job)

2- go to the trinnov through  USB-SPDIF interface

3-use a streamer connected to the trinnov .

i do believe 3 will give better results than 2 (no consideration of costs...)

12 hours ago, mikicasellas said:

Funny i am demoing the Bricasti M5 right now and i am wondering if getting the MKII would be a better than the M5, iam between one of those two choices, never thought the option of combining them only compare them to see which one is better..

the M5 has not yet arrived ( il will come together with the Innuos ) .    the reseller advised me to have a dedicated streamer and a dedicated server even if the innuos works very good by itself... he obtained better results with streamer  starting price at 3 k€ (he doesn't sell Bricasti).

• 2 years later...
28 minutes ago, yellowblue said:

BTW, the experimental mode that comes with new firmware is not as stable as I reported first. Last evening I wanted to listen to different new albums on Tidal and skipped to next track often within 20 seconds or so. Playing stopped sometimes and sometimes the Roon-player skipped two songs instead for one. Much better than version 1.4.3 but still not perfect. But a normal evening when you don´t skip every few seconds you very rarely will have much problems. I really can live with that.

hi , i never had problem like this even with 1.4.3.. i am lucky ? . the new FW is a SQ improvement in my system .. more clarity and more depth... i 'd say also a little bit narrower but maybe beacause of  gain of depth..