IGNORED

Innuos Zenith SE MkII

My initial impression of the SE right out of the box was that it's no worse than the sMS-200 Ultra, dX-USB Ultra, ISO REgen and modded switch.  I don't have my Paul Hynes SR7 yet, so I was using an HD Plex to power the dX-USB Ultra and @austinpop's SR4 to power the sMS-200 Ultra.  The ISO and switch were powered with LPS-1.

I haven't switched back-and-forth between the SE and the SOtM stack for about 5-6 days.

@austinpop and I tested my vanilla PC as core with the SE as a Roon endpoint and couldn't tell any difference between it and the SE as core.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The comparison has already been done for the most part.  @austinpop compared the the SOtM stack to the Zenith and so have I.  I've been waiting to post findings until I get my SR7.

The SOtM stack has already been compared to the Signature Rendu.  I think audiostream.com compared them.  Therefore, the Zenith has been transitively compared to the Signature Rendu. 

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, thyname said:

Thanks Alan,

It does not make sense for me to use the Innuous Zen as a Roon Endpoint, and stream via it and USB to my Ayre. Ayre has a network bridge built in. And I try to avoid USB audio when I can.

Basically for me the Zen would be a server (Roon Core), and the only other use is to "clean" the Ethernet signal going to my Ayre, by going first from router to Zen, then from Zen Ethernet out to Ayre. Basically Zen acting as an Ethernet Bridge / or switch. Right?

In which case, does it really matter, since I am already using a pair of fiber optics isolators in my ethernet chain (powered by linear PS)?

@austinpop and I tested LAN versus USB with the Ayre QX-5 Twenty, and surprisingly, the system sounded better through USB--at least with a SOtM tX-USB Ultra behind it.