IGNORED

Innuos Zenith SE MkII

• 6 months later...
15 hours ago, BigAlMc said:

Hi Nuno,

Good news on the USB reclocker. But is the lan offering an Ethernet reclocker or an Ethernet switch?

Thanks,

Alan

It's indeed a complete switch implementation but running the same OCXO clock we use on the Statement. We plan do design 1 input port and 2 or 4 output ports. 8 ports as seen on some devices look overkill to us and the empty ports are more antennas for noise to seep in. 2 outputs are probably enough for most audiophile setups - even new active speaker designs would require only 2 connections. 4 ports would provide a bit more flexibility though if someone does have multiple rooms. Your thoughts here would be interesting.

19 hours ago, Nenon said:

Nuno - have you considered selling your USB reclocker without power supply for those who already invested in a state of the art LPS (such as a Paul Hynes SR7 let's say)? There will be a number of members on this forum who would jump on it right away.

Some of you may suspect insidious reasons (more $$$ to Innuos) but the point is really to have the shortest possible paths to both clean power and signals. You would need two rails anyway and the power to the clock is quite critical. It's less spaghetti and less cost on good cables. Whilst we could offer a version with and without power supplies, the issue here is stock management and the required project to design another different chassis, production line, training etc... In the end, if performance is not the same as the integrated unit, that would quickly become a much less preferred option.

I don't think there is any such thing as having too many linear power supplies anyway - there's always a device around that benefits from one 🙂

Nuno

13 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Since the power supply is often one the most expensive parts of a device I’d like to buy once and re-use for any type of device where developments and advancements go in high speed e.g. computer audio. When an Innuos ‘switch MKII’ is released next year one would have to buy the PSU again since it’s integrated.

Anyway, I understand the rationale and that there’s different types of buyers in the market so nothing wrong with your approach.

Hi Dutch,

Completely understand your view and it's a good point. Although, taken to the extreme, we would end up with quite a few boxes around. It's indeed the rationale to have everything separate - source, dac, pre-amp, monoblocks (eventually all with separate PSU's). It's just a whole lot of boxes and cables...

The other consideration is that power supplies evolve too. There's certainly still room for improvement there... So even it the case of a "Switch MkII", there would be a good chance the PSU itself is upgraded then.

Nuno

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, FrankMA said:

Having a bit of trouble getting this fuse cover off the SE. Came right off on my MKII.

Before I break it is there a trick?  Push the side tab in and pull straight out? Not working even with pliers but before I go farther I want to be sure I don't break it

Thanks guys 

Try clicking the drawer back inside until both sides are well inserted, Then press on one of the sides and then the other. If it still sticks, push inside again and try the other side first or both sides at the same time.

Nuno

• 5 months later...
On 11/29/2019 at 11:33 PM, Anwar said:

@nvitorinoI am not using Roon with my Zenith Mk II (non SE).  Music is played directly from internal SSD.  Will DoP DSD 256 and PCM 384k be supported?  Right now, limited to DSD 128 and PCM 192k.  What caused the limitations?  CPU processing power?

It's not about processing power at all. It requires a kernel upgrade to support native mode on selected DACs. It's planned for version 1.4.4.

The CPU processing power isn't really that relevant unless you are converting PCM to DSD or using DSP with several zones. Playing back DSD or PCM directly requires little to no processing power at all.