IGNORED

Article: Readers Choice Awards 2017

49 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

That's not the issue. The issue is the repeated dipping into my pockets (once I have committed my music library to Roon) every year at an exorbitant price ad infinititum (unless I want to be taken further to the cleaners and pay an eye-watering $500 for a "lifetime lease". No thanks). I think JRiver is too expensive, but it is at the top of what I'd be willing to spend for such a software solution and I do own that.

No worries. Like everything in this hobby we all have differing opinions on what constitutes good value for the money. And that's good. We all vote with our wallets.

Side note, I didn't think it was the best value for the money for a long time. I wasn't getting the sound quality I was getting with Audirvana... that all changed a few weeks ago with v1.4 of Roon.

Anyone that tried Roon long ago should give it another free trial, especially if SQ was an issue previously.... They've optimized their RAAT protocol and gotten a nice SQ improvement to my ears. It wasn't a difference I could hear easily with speakers (room effects probably masked the small differences). But I was able to hear it with my headphones. I can no longer hear any difference with headphones with v1.4.