IGNORED

CA Announcement Coming Tuesday January 9, 2018

8 hours ago, mansr said:

Fat-shaming, are we?

Could be he is trying to tell the rest of you something.  I'm certainly on the trim and fit side and fully capable of appreciating a woman of healthy normal proportions.  Whatsoever that may be in her case.  

3 hours ago, Shadders said:

Does my bum look big in this....

I must say madam, I like the cut of your CA by Papenbreer jib. 

To keep this on topic.  My guess is he lined up sponsorship deal for new women's side of the forum to cross market appeal.  Effectively forming another source of income by using the resultant data to create a design studio for audiophile designers.  By partnering with a fabric and fashion conscious brand he can tie the two services together.  Now she can have the utmost of WAF when friends come over and the new speaker grilles go on that make those pesky speakers acceptable to look at.

On 1/6/2018 at 12:42 PM, NOMBEDES said:

I don't like it!  In fact, I hate it!

I don't know what it is, I have never seen it, heard it, tested it or done an ABX comparison.  

But it looks just like MQA.   

Embrace our new overlord, Master Computer Audiophile.

On 1/6/2018 at 1:05 PM, ShawnC said:

CA is merging with Stereophile

Hostage trades are becoming more common every day.  Given Cal's experience working through multiple channels I pray this will be successful.  Write letters and support peace seeking acts of diplomacy to bring our people home.

I do feel a little bad about haranguing Chris knowing more than likely his chair contained the entire design team from conception to final sign off on the project.  Concerns it raised were valid though

3 hours ago, mfin said:

I think it is important to have a very clear and instantly easy view of "Private Sellers only" because people tend to use Forums for private sales and buying, mixing them up with Retail Sales is not that appealing to a lot of people. If people think it becomes mostly Retail Sales, you will fail in getting traction right from the off.

I'll avoid the direct comparison by simply referring to the King B. model.  When I went to look up a book online today.  This site offered me the choice to buy it new or used, and listed the number of sellers, from the same page.  It defaulted to the most common choice.  I believe this is the ultimate expression of what the Superphonica's sales platform hopes to accomplish.  

Publicly and privately I've pointed out to Chris the fine line between similarity and familiarity.  What I see as most important right now is building upon the core model that will see the site through the next few iterations beyond what is essentially a public beta.  At some point a unique full site architectural renovation will take prominence.  I've pointed out at least one significant example of identity where further work is needed.  

16 hours ago, mansr said:

Sounds a lot like Amazon.

You forgot the ®.  

@mfin Might not have been clear what my intent there was.  You more than took up the torch leading off into the wilderness though.  Without banging on about originality, or lack thereof, it is this very thing that will be needed for success.  You recognize it is the core functionality that needs to be sculpted into rough form at this stage.  This is the type of input it appears they need to hear.  Being based in experience with a fair amount of previous attempts by forums to split off in this direction.  

I'm as wary of giving free advice as receiving it.  With that grain of salt, would it be worthwhile to have @Dave pencil in an hour every week to add some form to these discussions?  Randomly attacking whatever comes to mind doesn't account for where he is currently facing difficulties or would prosper from outside input.  :)