IGNORED

My new Yiggy is on the way

On 22 January 2018 at 1:52 AM, Dr Tone said:

I picked up the Analog 2 to finally hear what all the fuss was about.

Imo, it was brutal the first evening, brash and rather shouty for the lack of a better words.  I’ve left Roon Radio feeding it since, much better after 48 hours already.

I'd be interested to read your impression vs. Mirus.

5 hours ago, Dr Tone said:

I have some initial impressions:

1) Bass on the Yggy is easily better, not really deeper but more definition and texture.

2) Yggy is more forward with a stronger attack/transient in comparison to the Mirus.  Mirus is warmer, smoother and laid back in comparison with a romantic like presentation.

3) Mirus has a blacker background, instruments seem to appear out of no where.  Yggy is a little busy in comparison.

4) Yggy's representation of voices and instruments seems more accurate and natural to me.

5) Mirus's soundstage is wider, Yggy a little collapsed in comparison.

6) Mirus can have a bit of treble glare at times in comparison to the Yggy.

Thanks.  Surprised, but I'm reading that as 4 -2 in favour of Yggy.  #2 is a win for Yggy  in my book and # 1  In particular I  would attach quite a bit of significance to.  Hmm...quite difficult to demo Yggy in UK I think...

6 hours ago, GUTB said:

There appears nothing special about it,

I can read reviews too...

"At $6,000 the Invicta Mirus Pro is pretty darn tame considering how wild this category can get. Yet I can unequivocally name it the best digital source I’ve heard at any price"

"When it comes to ultimate fidelity for personal listening, the Resonessence Labs Invicta Mirus Pro is my first choice."

"After spending some time with the Resonessence Invicta, I’ve come to a few conclusions. First is that it is the absolute best DAC I have ever heard, and the price is very reasonable considering its status as a state of the art device"