IGNORED

Respectable Integrateds

53 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

Not sure what you mean by "integrated in the established amplifer sense" means.....I do mean preamp/amp in one unit...did you mean the establised sense doesn't include a digital input?  If so, we are seeing more and more that many integrateds are including a digital interface that supports dsd (e.g. enet and/or usb), and i believe that will be the defacto standard moving forward with most higher end integrateds. 

Anyway, yes, you reminded me about the NAIM...i remember eyeing one at the last couple shows i went to....my head wasn't in that direction back then, so didn't pay close attention, but it did catch my eye, so thanks for that recommendation....will also check ok the JOB (never heard of that one).

Even Marantz latest submissions (SRxx12 series) has enet and supports native dsd...but i found a bug in their firmware and sent the unit back.  They finally replied back that they hope to have the bug fixed in feb firmware release.

By integrated I think you mean DAC+pre+power in one unit.  Most people probably wouldn't automatically include the DAC in that term.