IGNORED

Respectable Integrateds

I’ve owned a Job INT for over a year now. It’s the longest I’ve had any component in my system, and the best sound I’ve had in my system. At several points over the past 10 years I’ve had systems that cost 4x what it cost and came close, but never bettered it. The speakers are, I think, very simpatico, which also helps. I also have some fancy cabling, through which I can hear a positive difference, but you might not be able to ;-) Highly recommended.

PS: my system clocks in at about $8K Canadian, excluding the computer, but including the cables. I do wonder how much sound I could retain with different, I.e. cheaper speakers.

Mac Mini (+Tidal +Roon) -> WiFi -> Lyngdorf TDAI1120 ->JM Reynaud Lucia (Tellurium Q Black v2)

40 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Hi,

It seems that the "respectable" integrateds cost a lot of money. There are many cheaper, options offering similar performance. It seems these are being ignored since they are not costly enough.

High end amplifiers use exactly the same components as higher volume units, it is just that they have different marketing, and a nicer looking case.

Regards,

Shadders.

Job INT is 1699$ USD delivery and taxes included. Returnable with a small restocking fee.

Mac Mini (+Tidal +Roon) -> WiFi -> Lyngdorf TDAI1120 ->JM Reynaud Lucia (Tellurium Q Black v2)

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

Yea, i checked every entry...the job website scares me to be honest...i could do a better job in an hour (grin)...ihope they pay more attention to their amps than their website.

I prefer a beefier high current amp....vintage is ok.

The HK990 looks more up my alley.

Very responsive, if somewhat brusque folks at Job. The website works fine, and my INT has made glorious music without a single hiccup for 15 months now. No shortage of current; it drives my 89db 4ohm Reynauds to neighbour offending levels and is pretty awesome on heavy metal, weighty brass, tinkling cymbal, and tickled ivory. I’m damn sure the DAC section kicks the HK990’s into last year. Best single piece of equipment I have ever purchased. The Marantz is a fine amplifier/DAC actually, but a little too laid-back for me — I kind of feel that way about most Marantz, TBH.