IGNORED

Respectable Integrateds

I am running the JOB Int in my office system with a pair of Boenicke W5SE's and Rel T-0, audience speaker cable and power cords, a microrendu with JS-2 PSU (usb input for Roon/Tidal) and a Sonos (coax input for Howard Stern) as sources and an old PS Audio P300.  The Job Int is a superb value and performs well.  You could spend more and not get comparable SQ.  Really depends on your budget.  

My .02 cents - If I were not space contained (i.e., a home system), I would split the integrated and have a separate dac/streamer because technology is changing very quickly in that area; whereas as good true integrated amp can last forever.

Good luck.

- Mark

Synology DS916+ > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > Netgear switch > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > dCS Vivaldi Upsampler (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 Dual 110 Ohm AES/EBU > dCS Vivaldi DAC (David Elrod Statement Gold power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > Absolare Passion preamp (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > VTL MB-450 III (Shunyata King Cobra CX power cords) > Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker > Kaiser Kaewero Classic /JL Audio F110 (Wireworld Platinum power cord).

Power Conditioning: Entreq Olympus Tellus grounding (AC, preamp and dac) / Shunyata Hydra Triton + Typhoon (Shunyata Anaconda ZiTron umbilical/Shunyata King Cobra CX power cord) > Furutec GTX D-Rhodium AC outlet.

Gryphon Diablo is superb and best many separates of equal and higher cost.  Do you have the dac board installed or a separate dac?

- Mark

Synology DS916+ > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > Netgear switch > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > dCS Vivaldi Upsampler (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 Dual 110 Ohm AES/EBU > dCS Vivaldi DAC (David Elrod Statement Gold power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > Absolare Passion preamp (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > VTL MB-450 III (Shunyata King Cobra CX power cords) > Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker > Kaiser Kaewero Classic /JL Audio F110 (Wireworld Platinum power cord).

Power Conditioning: Entreq Olympus Tellus grounding (AC, preamp and dac) / Shunyata Hydra Triton + Typhoon (Shunyata Anaconda ZiTron umbilical/Shunyata King Cobra CX power cord) > Furutec GTX D-Rhodium AC outlet.

20 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

The Gryphon Diablo sux - it's full of noise and has too much stuff crammed into the chassis space.

When I heard the Diablo it sounded good to me. 

- Mark

• 1 month later...

Sorry to repost, but the Job INT costs $1,700 and the Nuprime IDA8 costs $1,000. Both admittedly have limitations, but both (personal experience) are pretty darn good, especially for the money. 

- Mark

3 hours ago, trappy said:

Very responsive, if somewhat brusque folks at Job. The website works fine, and my INT has made glorious music without a single hiccup for 15 months now. No shortage of current; it drives my 89db 4ohm Reynauds to neighbour offending levels and is pretty awesome on heavy metal, weighty brass, tinkling cymbal, and tickled ivory. I’m damn sure the DAC section kicks the HK990’s into last year. Best single piece of equipment I have ever purchased. The Marantz is a fine amplifier/DAC actually, but a little too laid-back for me — I kind of feel that way about most Marantz, TBH.

The Job INT also drives the difficult, but great sounding, Boenickie W5se’s well. 

- Mark