IGNORED

Respectable Integrateds

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, beerandmusic said:

so which do you like better, the mac7200 or the Primaluna Dialogue Premium

For different things I like them both.  For ultimate sit back and relax and do nothing but listen to beautiful; music, the Primaluna.  In my home office where I don't want a huge stack of boxes but still want great sounding music, I like the MAC7200.

No electron left behind.

31 minutes ago, semente said:

This is from 2014:

1116PLPPfig01.jpg

PrimaLuna ProLogue Premium, 8 ohm tap, frequency response at 2.83V into: simulated loudspeaker load (gray), 8 ohms (left channel blue, right red), 4 ohms (left cyan, right magenta), 2 ohms (green) (1dB/vertical div.).
Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/primaluna-prologue-premium-power-amplifier-measurements

You do realize that they could simulate any speaker load they wanted to and get any result they wanted to get, right?

No electron left behind.

6 hours ago, semente said:

The amplifier should be able to output flat over this or any other load (within reason).

Here's what happens when you measure the output of a Marantz integrated into the same load:

110Marfig02.jpg

Marantz PM5003, Source Direct frequency response at 2.83V into: simulated loudspeaker load (gray), 8 ohms (left channel blue, right red), 4 ohms (left cyan, right magenta), 2 ohms (green). (0.25dB/vertical div.)
Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/marantz-pm5003-integrated-amplifier-measurements

ok, it sucks.  I should request a refund.

"Overall, the PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium HP measures well for a design using push-pull pairs of EL34 tubes.—John Atkinson"

https://www.stereophile.com/content/primaluna-dialogue-premium-hp-integrated-amplifier

No electron left behind.

11 hours ago, beerandmusic said:

I mainly want to buy a new model mcintosh once the da2 module comes out, so i found a buyer for my MA6500, and need something to hold me over.

Do you have any info about when a DA2 module is coming, or are you just planning for some unknown time in the future?

No electron left behind.

On 2/16/2018 at 11:00 AM, beerandmusic said:

I mainly want to buy a new model mcintosh once the da2 module comes out, so i found a buyer for my MA6500, and need something to hold me over.

I am really wondering why you have decided to wait for the DA2 module.  That might be a while considering they just came out with the DA1 less than a year ago.

Are you also selling your car for the new 2025 Corvette?

No electron left behind.

There will always be a better widget coming down the line, eventually you have to jump in and make your choice.

When they come out with the new module, I am sure it will be a simple operation to install, till then I get to appreciate the DA1, as well as all the other improvements made in their new products over the old.

No electron left behind.