IGNORED

Recommendation sought for CD ripping robot

aaa

Hello all,

I'd like to rip my CD collection, about 3000 CDs and growing, to FLAC. I was was thinking of getting a Nimbie and running it with dB Poweramp's batch ripper. However, based on posts over on the dB Poweramp forum this combo no longer works well, if at all.

If any forum members have recently used an auto loading robot to rip their collection, would they please post the combination of hardware and software that was used and how much manual intervention was required?

Thanks in advance.

IIRC, I used an old WinXP laptop because I could devote it exclusively to this task.  The other users had Win7 (or Win10).  I do not know what driver version I used since all the stuff on my end was dismantled long back.    

Seemed pretty straight-forward as all 3 of us ran it smoothly.  The 4th Musketeer has yet to start.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

Rando, thanks for the post.

No, the 'kids' method will not work for me. Don't want strangers in my residence, and I want the job done right. O.o

I fear you have missed the point of my post. Reports indicate that the combination of new Nimbie drivers, Db poweramp and recent versions of windows do not work. I was trying to find out which would be the most recent version of windows  and drivers that might  work.

4 hours ago, Kal Rubinson said:

IIRC, I used an old WinXP laptop because I could devote it exclusively to this task.  The other users had Win7 (or Win10).  I do not know what driver version I used since all the stuff on my end was dismantled long back.    

Seemed pretty straight-forward as all 3 of us ran it smoothly.  The 4th Musketeer has yet to start.

Thanks. I'll try win 7.

Dumped my last XP machine a few years ago, a mistake in retrospect as it had serial and parallel ports.

15 hours ago, Kal Rubinson said:

You can borrow my XP machine if you are in the NY/CT area.  I have no other use for it.

Thanks for the generous offer. Yes, I am in NYC. 

I'd like to try Win 7 first, will contact you if that does not work.

15 hours ago, rando said:

Apparently the reviewer on PF used W8 (8.1?) and only mentioned W10 in passing.  A W7 or W8 machine would work just fine.  Surely you have a spare drive to run a trial copy one of these OS.  If need be I can send you the link to a Digital River Mirror.  

15 hours ago, rando said:

Thanks for the kind offer. No need for links. I have the Win 7 install disc.