IGNORED

Fidelizer 8.0

Shanepj

45 minutes ago, Windows X said:
18 hours ago, shinyc said:

I am wondering if there is a command line way to run applications instead of having to enter application path in the dialog box below:

image.thumb.png.35613fb34dd788ca58e6b33c12b4b17c.png

My media player application does come up if I put in its path in the above dialog box but the player hangs so I need to kill it and run it manually again. I think this kinda defeats the purpose of putting an app path in the above dialog box, which probably does things like cpu affinity or forced resource allocation of some sort, etc.

Read more  

Did you tick "Apply core isolation policy" box? Some apps may not be compatible with that option but so far most of them works fine with default High priority setting. I hope new version 8.3 will work out better for you.

Can I do something like the following? :

START /REALTIME /AFFINITY 0x3 application.exe

When you isolate a core, do you dedicate the core or just affinitize to the core (meaning other processes or kernel tasks can run on the core at the same time)? If you isolate a single core and give it to a process, if the process is multi-threaded, it can create contentions between threads and in turn create a lot of jitters and performance hit. Application I happen to run is a multi-thread app (HQPlayer and probably most other programs are) and I am hoping that one can dedicate more than one core to an app in your program. 

Music Source: NAS[Synology], Qobuz, Tidal

Music Player: Roonserver[Mac mini]

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

DDC: Iso Regen w/LPS1.2, Acousence afi+USB (USB to S/PDIF) w/Li-ion battery PS

DAC: Yggdrasil Analog 2

4 hours ago, shinyc said:

Can I do something like the following? :

START /REALTIME /AFFINITY 0x3 application.exe

When you isolate a core, do you dedicate the core or just affinitize to the core (meaning other processes or kernel tasks can run on the core at the same time)? If you isolate a single core and give it to a process, if the process is multi-threaded, it can create contentions between threads and in turn create a lot of jitters and performance hit. Application I happen to run is a multi-thread app (HQPlayer and probably most other programs are) and I am hoping that one can dedicate more than one core to an app in your program. 

Yes. Sure. You can try that too and see if it works. Core isolation will choose cores based on policy and available cores. If it's stable, good. If not, you can uncheck it or write a batch script to run with Fidelizer instead too. Process Lasso also work well for such scenario. :)

Happy Emm Labs/Viola/Karan/Rockport audiophile

Fidelizer - Feel the real sound http://www.fidelizer-audio.com

Hello Keetakawee,

I received my 8.3 setup file over the weekend and installed it without any problems.

I have a question about the media player setup menu options ...

What does the "Apply Core Isolation Policy" option do in the media player selection setup menu?

1896881089_FidelizerSetupOptions.thumb.png.f3a4056c93cc281bc673af6be48ad703.png

As always thanks for the support with the Fidelizer updates and new development.

Regards.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

9 hours ago, Nikhil said:

Hello Keetakawee,

I received my 8.3 setup file over the weekend and installed it without any problems.

I have a question about the media player setup menu options ...

What does the "Apply Core Isolation Policy" option do in the media player selection setup menu?

1896881089_FidelizerSetupOptions.thumb.png.f3a4056c93cc281bc673af6be48ad703.png

As always thanks for the support with the Fidelizer updates and new development.

Regards.

Glad to have supportive comment  from you and everyone who encourage me to push the limits of self-improvement to take new challenges. ^^

"Apply Core Isolation policy" feature will assign media player application with selected cores based on Core Isolation option and number of cores on processor.

If you have 4 cores for example, it will reserve core 1 for audio and core 4 for non-audio so media player will run on core 2-3 on default core isolation policy.

Some application may work great with it and some may have stability issues so don't hesitate to uncheck this option whenever you have issues with media player application. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

19 hours ago, rando said:

@Nikhil Now I know you at least tried to answer this on your own. ;)

Here's a hint, it was the biggest feature addition.

Thanks Rando, I had browsed that page but I did not understand what Core Isolation actually did. 
As Keetakawee has said, some of these features results (in terms of Sound Quality) are configuration dependent.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

I was teasing that a General web search for "core isolation" returns a substantial amount of relevant material. Meaning this is a W10 feature instead of existing only as term for a set of optimizations within his program. 

Knowledge of the wider subject might even make one consider the Enterprise version of W10 over the Server version, were one so compelled. Or at the very least provide an accurate survey of the changes in this landscape. 

15 hours ago, One and a half said:

8.3 is installed for three days now, no problems with the install.

The sound is much the same as before with 8.2 enhanced, it has NOT deteriorated. Maybe a little more depth to the image, will live with it for the next week as is, but I don’t expect drama.

I'm glad to hear Fidelizer 8.3 update works better than in terms of sound quality for your system as intended and thank you for your contribution to help us improving Fidelizer product's quality.

39 minutes ago, Nikhil said:

Thanks Rando, I had browsed that page but I did not understand what Core Isolation actually did. 
As Keetakawee has said, some of these features results (in terms of Sound Quality) are configuration dependent.

With pleasure. I'm glad to hear my explanation helps. I wish to update user manual and product information with new features in future.

13 minutes ago, rando said:

I was teasing that a General web search for "core isolation" returns a substantial amount of relevant material. Meaning this is a W10 feature instead of existing only as term for a set of optimizations within his program. 

Knowledge of the wider subject might even make one consider the Enterprise version of W10 over the Server version, were one so compelled. Or at the very least provide an accurate survey of the changes in this landscape. 

It's the new concept of Fidelizer optimizations I introduced to allow more customization to support variety of applications better. I recommend to keep default options first.

Regards,

Keetakawee

On 12/11/2018 at 4:04 PM, jcn3 said:

@Windows X -- upgraded from 8.1 to 8.3 and have a question about the media player application screen.

i run AO and in the past have selected fidelizer in shell replacement.  to start roonbridge and dirac, i had used a bat file that fidelizer ran.

how is the best way to do this in 8.3?

fyi -- i've tried (1) selecting roon bridge and dirac as media player applications and (2) selecting the bat file as the media player application.  neither approach starts roon bridge and dirac when selecting fidelizer for shell replacement in AO in 8.3.

both work fine without shell replacement.

thanks!

@Windows X -- would certainly love a response on this issue.  thoughts?

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
56 minutes ago, jcn3 said:

@Windows X -- would certainly love a response on this issue.  thoughts?

Ah. Sorry for missing this. I'd recommend to use Fidelizer with its own startup procedure first since it will run will full admin privileges too. If you're using Fidelizer Pro in Windows Server 2012/R2 in core mode, this feature may not work and setting up Fidelizer Pro as default shell in AudiophileOptimizer's ServiceTool is recommended.

Running with shell replacement will be a bit tricky to run apps from %APPDATA% and %LOCALAPPDATA% because fidelizer will be called from system as a shell so it may not find current user.

Regards,

Keetakawee

58 minutes ago, Windows X said:

Ah. Sorry for missing this. I'd recommend to use Fidelizer with its own startup procedure first since it will run will full admin privileges too. If you're using Fidelizer Pro in Windows Server 2012/R2 in core mode, this feature may not work and setting up Fidelizer Pro as default shell in AudiophileOptimizer's ServiceTool is recommended.

Running with shell replacement will be a bit tricky to run apps from %APPDATA% and %LOCALAPPDATA% because fidelizer will be called from system as a shell so it may not find current user.

Regards,

Keetakawee

i'm running windows 10.  the machine runs dirac live and roon bridge (along with AO and Fidelizer).

previously, ao was set up to use fidelizer as the shell replacement.  the capability within fidelizer to start a media application was used to run a .bat file that started roon bridge and dirac live.  worked like a charm.

as mentioned above, the new version of fidelizer doesn't seem to replicate the functionality of the earlier versions.  using fidelizer 8.3 as the shell replacement doesn't start anything.  i tried specifying the specific media applications and tried specifying the .bat file -- again, nothing was started.  note that fidelizer does start the applications when not using shell replacement.

i'm not clear on what you're suggesting -- should i be using shell replacement in ao as used previously?  what should i be doing differently?

thanks!

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
On 12/19/2018 at 4:27 AM, jcn3 said:

i'm running windows 10.  the machine runs dirac live and roon bridge (along with AO and Fidelizer).

previously, ao was set up to use fidelizer as the shell replacement.  the capability within fidelizer to start a media application was used to run a .bat file that started roon bridge and dirac live.  worked like a charm.

as mentioned above, the new version of fidelizer doesn't seem to replicate the functionality of the earlier versions.  using fidelizer 8.3 as the shell replacement doesn't start anything.  i tried specifying the specific media applications and tried specifying the .bat file -- again, nothing was started.  note that fidelizer does start the applications when not using shell replacement.

i'm not clear on what you're suggesting -- should i be using shell replacement in ao as used previously?  what should i be doing differently?

thanks!

I recommend to use Fidelizer with its own startup procedure for optimal results. Due to changes in launching media player application which require full admin privilege on Windows 10/Server 2016/Server 2019, launching Fidelizer as shell replacement will not work. They may change some permission rules. And Fidelizer can work in core mode since Windows Server 2016 now.

Back in Windows Server 2012 and R2 version with core mode, all startup processes are removed so Fidelizer need to rely on shell replacement feature and it works on 2012 and R2 release. I recommend not to use Fidelizer as shell replacement on Windows 10/Server 2016/Server 2019. That should be used when Fidelizer's startup implementation can't work in core mode.

Regards,

Keetakawee

• 4 weeks later...

I have a linux based music server and haven't used my laptop with Fidelizer 7 Pro (running Foobar) for over a year. 

After the many positives reviews I've read for Fidelizer 8, I may try the free version of this.

@Windows X; I'm interested in your opinion - do you think the free version of Fidelizer 8 is better than my Fidelizer 7 Pro version?

Thanks

3 hours ago, tims said:

I have a linux based music server and haven't used my laptop with Fidelizer 7 Pro (running Foobar) for over a year. 

After the many positives reviews I've read for Fidelizer 8, I may try the free version of this.

@Windows X; I'm interested in your opinion - do you think the free version of Fidelizer 8 is better than my Fidelizer 7 Pro version?

Thanks

Hi. Thank you for your interests to try Fidelizer again. Fidelizer 8 has a lot of improvements comparing to previous version. However, most of improvements are implemented in Fidelizer Plus/Pro version so free version of FIdelizer 8 will not be better than Fidelizer Pro 7.Al though some changes in free version will be more preferable than previous release but that alone won't be enough to outperform Pro version.

You can try free version first or upgrade your license to version 8 at $29.95 USD and get all improvements. You might as well upgrade to recent Windows 10 too since Windows 10 has better audio performance comparing to Windows 7/8/8.1.

Regards,

Keetakawee

Hmm. Roon 1.6 updated today, now Donald Fagen's voice has changed to a lisp with Deacon Blues on Aja 2010 SACD. Problem also Windows version is 1803 Build 17134.407, perhaps updated yesterday, first time rebooted today, also complicates the issue.

I tried to change to consumer level reboot and run audiophile setting as before, but the lisp is still there. The CD player plays fine, so no drama with electronics and the rest of the chain.

I don't know which to fix first, Roon or Fidleizer?

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Hi. Assuming it's been working fine until you receive Roon 1.6 update, I suspect the issues may happen with Roon update itself. I recommend to uninstall Roon and reinstall again in case there's issues with update process.

You may keep settings and database during uninstall first. 1.6 was just launched so there'll be later patches to improve Roon experience in near future too.

Regards,

Keetakawee

• 4 weeks later...

Fidelizer Pro

Today we’ve reached 3,500th milestone now in this month. As a reminder to inform customers that they receive refund for returning customer purchase, I’m running purchase offer again in this week.  I also sent partial refund back for customer who placed an order on 5th November 2018.

Fidelizer Plus: US $39.95 —> $34.95 (Until 24th February 2018)
Fidelizer Pro: US $69.95 —> $59.95 (Until 24th February 2018)

This offer will last until 24th February 2018. Discount rate is the same as purchasing Fidelizer software again so new customer and returning customer will get the same price. You may order again anytime and receive partial-refund as discount later after this campaign is over.

I hope this will be good chance for you to consider upgrading Fidelizer software. I also made adjustments to have fidelizer.key filled automatically when you use “Order Fidelizer” button in Fidelizer software. I hope this will make order process easier. :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/14/2019 at 3:49 AM, dc-audiogeek said:

I purchased Fidelizer Pro 8, but I find that I still need to close additional software processes to make Windows 10 sound its best. When I boot up with MacOS instead, it sounds just as good without any modifications or additional software.

If you have software process that's interfering with audio applications, closing it is the best way to improve audio performance. Fidelizer can decrease its effect on higher user level by limiting number of cores allowed and priority to some degree.

Personally I find Fidelizer Pro with stock Windows 10 environment sounding better than MacOS in the same machine. There's also a few clients who use Fidelizer Pro on Mac with Bootcamp for better sound quality hardware with software combined.

If you have any issues related to sound quality improvements, feel free to discuss with me in support channel or E-Mail and I'll provide my assistance to help you setting up better computer audio system. Happy listening. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

I have Fidelizer 8.3 installed on a Windows Server 2019 (GUI mode) and working.

Yesterday I decided to try Core mode in same PC using dual boot.

It takes me over 20 minutes to do, including FoD installation by internet connection.

When I was trying to install Fidelizer, it was impossible, I don't remember exactly the entire error message, but was talking about distinct PC or machine and probably by licensing rights I could'nt install Fidelizer in the Core partition.

Is it possible to do a Fidelizer install in each partition in a dual boot system?

Intel DH67BL motherboard. Intel i7-3770 CPU. 16 GB RAM DDR3 1333. HDPlex H5 2nd Gen. HDPlex Linear PSU 200W. HDPlex 300W DC-ATX psu. ifi-iUSB3.0 / ifi-iGalvanic3.0, Paul Pang V2 USB card. Asus Xonar Essence STX. Nixon Saru DAC TDA1543 nos, DIYINHK USB interface, diy PCM1704 NOS DAC, ifi nano DAC. ODAC. diy Pass F4 & BA3 frontend, diy EML-320BXLS SE amp., diy D.Self Compact Blameless, diy Aksa 55.  PGA2310 Volume Control.

Dual boot Windows Server 2019 GUI - Windows Server 2019 (Core)

Bug Head 7.27 (avx), Foobar2k, Hysolid

WTFplay

Hi @Windows X,

This topic might have surfaced before but here we go.

I am running a process called "squeeze2upnp-win.exe" as a service. Then, I noticed its priority is set to "Low". I am wondering if the Fidelizer purposely lowered its priority to the "Low" and if so is there a way to give it a higher priority other than doing it manually in the task manager? 

PS. How about cpu affinity? Can it be fine tuned via Fidelizer as well?

Music Source: NAS[Synology], Qobuz, Tidal

Music Player: Roonserver[Mac mini]

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

DDC: Iso Regen w/LPS1.2, Acousence afi+USB (USB to S/PDIF) w/Li-ion battery PS

DAC: Yggdrasil Analog 2

On 3/21/2019 at 7:02 PM, luismc said:

I have Fidelizer 8.3 installed on a Windows Server 2019 (GUI mode) and working.

Yesterday I decided to try Core mode in same PC using dual boot.

It takes me over 20 minutes to do, including FoD installation by internet connection.

When I was trying to install Fidelizer, it was impossible, I don't remember exactly the entire error message, but was talking about distinct PC or machine and probably by licensing rights I could'nt install Fidelizer in the Core partition.

Is it possible to do a Fidelizer install in each partition in a dual boot system?

Did you apply other tweaks aside Core mode such as:

-Disabling Windows Management Instrumentation

-Set Fidelizer Pro as OS shell

-Disable some network driver and services

As long as hardware configuration being the same including network configuration, dual boot system should be fine. Please make sure associated network device is present. You may also try disabling User Account Control from here too.

http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/unlocking-native-app-performance-by-disabling-uac-completely/

12 hours ago, shinyc said:

Hi @Windows X,

This topic might have surfaced before but here we go.

I am running a process called "squeeze2upnp-win.exe" as a service. Then, I noticed its priority is set to "Low". I am wondering if the Fidelizer purposely lowered its priority to the "Low" and if so is there a way to give it a higher priority other than doing it manually in the task manager? 

PS. How about cpu affinity? Can it be fine tuned via Fidelizer as well?

It's possible that squeeze2upnp-win.exe isn't recognized as audio process and was set to lower priority by Fidelizer. I'll add this into the list in future update. For now you can use Process Lasso to maintain specific process's priority and affinity.

Regards,

Keetakawee

Thanks Keetakawee. I could install Fidelizer in both partitions. I did have differents network drivers in each. I put the same driver to both and problem was fixed.

Intel DH67BL motherboard. Intel i7-3770 CPU. 16 GB RAM DDR3 1333. HDPlex H5 2nd Gen. HDPlex Linear PSU 200W. HDPlex 300W DC-ATX psu. ifi-iUSB3.0 / ifi-iGalvanic3.0, Paul Pang V2 USB card. Asus Xonar Essence STX. Nixon Saru DAC TDA1543 nos, DIYINHK USB interface, diy PCM1704 NOS DAC, ifi nano DAC. ODAC. diy Pass F4 & BA3 frontend, diy EML-320BXLS SE amp., diy D.Self Compact Blameless, diy Aksa 55.  PGA2310 Volume Control.

Dual boot Windows Server 2019 GUI - Windows Server 2019 (Core)

Bug Head 7.27 (avx), Foobar2k, Hysolid

WTFplay