IGNORED

Fidelizer 8.0

Shanepj

On 29/3/2561 at 8:34 AM, luyingya said:

Keetakawee,

I have a question regarding advanced feature: allow core optimization to run automatically on startup, What difference on sound quality if checked or unchecked this item.

thanks.

If you uncheck this option, Fidelizer Pro will behave like Free/Plus version requiring you to run Fidelizer Pro executable each time you want to perform optimizations. Permanent optimizations like system configuration and disabling service (if you keep that option) will keep working.

On 3/4/2561 at 12:23 AM, rah50 said:

As I updated both Fidelizer from 8.0 to 8.1 and microRendu from OS 2.5 to 2.6 at the same time, I'm not sure who should get the credit, but it was a very big improvement for me! So thanks to someone.

I'm happyto hear Fidelizer and microRendu are working great together. I also build Nikola linear power supply for microRendu too so let me know if you're interested in power supply upgrade. :) 

On 4/4/2561 at 5:27 PM, R1200CL said:

Hi 

Is the Fidelizer Pro, the exact same SW as in the Nimitra PC ?

Can I use RDT with Fidelizer Pro ?

Should I do a clean W10 install before adding the Fidelizer Pro ?

Nimitra has much more optimizations than Fidelizer Pro. The Windows 10 itself was heavily optimized and I use special version of FIdelizer for very dedicated audio server build (one that can't be published for end users).

I'm not really sure what RDT is but at least it should work fine with Fidelizer Pro with default Consumer user level. If it doesn't require any specific service, it should work fine with all options too.

On 8/4/2561 at 4:41 PM, Cazzesman said:

Hi Keetakawee we exchanged a few PM's on Stereo Net Australia (SNA)

For other reading My current Audio Only system is

System - CAPS (Lagoon - WS2012 R2 Essentials OS with AudiophileOptimizer v2.20 beta 5 in Ultimate Core mode - 128g SS HD + Sotm USB exp card) - Synology NAS DS416 Slim - JRiver 18 - Elijah Quad Braid Mk4 USB Cable (Aqvox Low Noise Power Supply at each end of cable) - into Mutec MC 3+ USB - preamp into Actives.

I forgot to ask about the correct 'Flowchart' for using 8Pro with AO.

Here's my plan so please tell me if this is right.   

I will change AO from Core back to GUI. 

Download and Install 8pro

Implement 8pro as you suggested 'Purist and Network'.   I forgot to mention I have to leave the Drivers installed on AO for the Mutec to work (Is that an issue with 8pro?)

Return AO to Core and run AO Set up.    All done............great music then fills the room :-)

When tweaking AO I normally take my CAPS out of the HiFi unit and set it up on my desk with a screen, keyboard, mouse and LAN cable to my router.   This means that when I am done configuring I power off the CAPS and return it to the HiFi cabinet.   With 8pro I take it all the optimisation is retained on a new reboot.    

Is this Flow chart the correct way to go with Fid and AO?

Regards Cazzesman 

I believe that sounds abut right and please don't forget to set FIdelizer as AO Shell if you use Windows Server 2012/2012 R2. You don't need to do that on Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10.

Since Fidelizer 8 also use network card information for generating license key, please make sure you have final network configuration before sending the key in order too. AO also use network card information to verify license too.

On 8/4/2561 at 11:36 PM, pompon said:

Any plan to support Motu's driver with fidelizer ? I can't use it because it's kill motu's processus to a lower state and music not able to go through without cut.

If you use Consumer or Minimalist user level, it should work fine. You can also use Process Lasso to maintain specific processes that FIdelizer don't recognize as audio too. If you can send me process name list, I can add that into future updates.

I'm sorry for not answering this thread sooner. I was so busy clearing my jobs before visiting my parents on Thailand's new year. I'm back to normal situation now and I'll keep checking this thread every day. Happy listening. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

Happy Emm Labs/Viola/Karan/Rockport audiophile

Fidelizer - Feel the real sound http://www.fidelizer-audio.com

I believe that sounds about right and please don't forget to set FIdelizer as AO Shell if you use Windows Server 2012/2012 R2. Since Fidelizer 8 also use network card information for generating license key, please make sure you have final network configuration before sending the key in order too. AO also use network card information to verify license too.

Keetakawee I currently have my CAPS set to auto log into JRiver when it powers up.  If I set the AO shell to Fidelizer can I still have AO auto login to JRiver or will I need to access via command prompts, which is not my skill level if I'm honest?

On 10/4/2561 at 8:07 AM, R1200CL said:

Remote Desk Top ?

I see. Fidelizer still keeps Remote Desktop working if you use Consumer / Audiophile user level. I'm not really sure if Minimalist or Purist will still work but you can try. :)

On 10/4/2561 at 8:30 AM, Cazzesman said:

I believe that sounds about right and please don't forget to set FIdelizer as AO Shell if you use Windows Server 2012/2012 R2. Since Fidelizer 8 also use network card information for generating license key, please make sure you have final network configuration before sending the key in order too. AO also use network card information to verify license too.

Keetakawee I currently have my CAPS set to auto log into JRiver when it powers up.  If I set the AO shell to Fidelizer can I still have AO auto login to JRiver or will I need to access via command prompts, which is not my skill level if I'm honest?

In that case, you can setup Fidelizer Pro to launch JRiver after optimizations as music player application. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

Sorry for all the questions but it is abit difficult without a detailed manual.

I have installed Fid 8 on my CAPS and purchased 8 pro.   Whilst awaiting the ID to return I have run the free Ver 8.1

After Free 8.1 ran it then went back to Core mode via AO and reran AO to Optimise the CAPS.   Of course, at the end of the AO process, the PC rebooted to set the changes.   Does that now mean that the free Ver 8.1 is nolonger active and needs to be reactive via command prompts?   If so how is that done?

Lastly, I take it that this is not an issue in 8.1 Pro mode as any settings applied in Gui will remain in Core mode post-AO Optimizing reboot and remain intact throughout.

Regards Cazzesman

After Keetakawee answered my many questions, today I received my 8.1pro exe file via email.

On my CAPS I converted back from AO Core to Gui and installed the 8.1 .exe.

Having the file Software on the screen made things a lot clearer in my mind re set up.   Reading about it is one thing but having it to play with made all the difference to my understanding.  

Keetakawee suggested Purist and Network which I tried first.   All good.    I have since settled on Purist and Audio Player.   Network is working fine in my setup.

I reset AO to Core and went through the AO setup.    It all worked without incident.   I checked Taskmanager and it tells me 8.1pro is working.

Let the music begin.    My instant impression was a real 3D music experience.  Side to side, back to front.   Beautiful separation and air throughout.   As others have mentioned there is a jump in definition and clarity across the music.   My top end has also smoothed out.    The bottom end is clean and defined.  

1 track 'Lorde's - Royals' really showed the improvement in all of the above.    I got my wife in to listen to the track.   It's great pop song but tooooo much bass she said.   I said yes the deep bass is why it is so great.   I loved feeling it.  :D

With the 3D improvement, there is a real texture to the vocals.    Rebecca Ferguson's track Freedom from the 'Freedom' CD is glorious.   A solo vocal with Rebecca on piano.  You can fear/hear her forming the words in this 'Close Mic' track.

As I type I have on the duo/married couple 'Tuck and Patti'  Paradise Found cd.   His acoustic and her vocals are sublime.

So many times in life I have said, "I should have done that earlier".  Installing Fidelizer with AO is one of those times.

I cannot think how spending the $100 (Australian) on the 8.1pro, could have been spent anywhere else and achieved such an improvement.    For those of you running Digital Audio PC systems and not using AO and Fidelizer..........what are you waiting for?

Kudos Keetawakee.   Well done and thanks for the passion you have instilled in your work.

Regards Cazzesman

I was busy during Songkran event 13-15 and finally back to my home now in Bangkok to start working on my own PC now.

I'm happy to hear Fidelizer Pro improves music enjoyment with real sound performance and works great together with AO.

I keep Fidelizer Pro at $69.95 to make it affordable for everyone who love music and it's always great to see people who can appreciate beyond offering price. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/05/2018 at 9:16 AM, Windows X said:

Since Roon 1.5 was released few days ago, I'd like to share my test results below. It works great with Fidelizer products as before. :)

http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/roon-1-5-test-results-with-nimitras-featuring-dsd-and-mqa-with-dsp/

Could you elaborate on this please? Are you saying that Roon 1.4 was a downgrade in sound quality, and 1.5 was an uprade in SQ?

With the perspecive of standard bit perfect playback, i.e. leaving aside all DSP and MQA.

Also, do you recommend experimenting with any of the 3 new advanced features (starting with OS Timer Resolution) for Roon? I currently stick to the defaults.

Some days my system sounds better than other days, but there's usually too many variables for me to be able to pin it down to a particular s/w release, so I haven't made any judgements on Roon releases - an exception to this is my next point below...

On 02/04/2018 at 6:23 PM, rah50 said:

As I updated both Fidelizer from 8.0 to 8.1 and microRendu from OS 2.5 to 2.6 at the same time, I'm not sure who should get the credit, but it was a very big improvement for me! So thanks to someone.

I did exactly those two updates, but in my case they were not done at the same time, and I can confirm that each of them improved SQ - incremetal, but very worthwhile considering both were "free".

Regarding Fidelizer, with Keetawakee's help, I had previously updated my laptop to switch off hyperthreading and aligning music and non-music apps to different cores, to coincide with the new core features in 8.0. This seemed to give a nice improvement, but hard to tell if some of it was just imagination. However, when I later updated to 8.1, I could immediately notice a good improvement - I guess that the new features in 8.0 only came to full fruition in 8.1 after Keetawakee had addressed the snagging list.

My system:  Roon/FP Pro/Process Lasso on W10 laptop > microRendu 1.4 > ISORegen > DAVE DAC

Some people found Roon 1.4 sounding too bright and didn't like it. This issue is fixed in Roon 1.5 release.

Bit-perfect means audio signal data will be streamed without processing, not a holy grail perfect audio transport with zero jitter.

For Advanced features, I recommend to leave it as is for default optimal. You may adjust it to suit your taste better but current ones should be generally best.

And yes version 8.1 is like a proper update for Fidelizer 8 fixing bugs and features beyond testing scope I found after the first release. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

• 2 months later...

Hello again Keetakawee,

Thank you for sending out the latest 8.2 release.

I have just installed it but would like some information on how to setup Roon + HQPlayer on a Win 10 machine.

With 8.2 we can now choose up to 3 media player applications - thank you very much!

My first option is HQPlayer so no problem there.

For my second option how would you suggest we setup Roon?

At the moment my guess is to go with something like this 

Optimization Level:  Purist Machine

Configuration: Network Player

Music Player Application 1 : HQPlayer Desktop

Music Player Application 2 : Roon Server

Music Player Application 3 : ??

Look forward to your suggestion on how best to go about setting up Roon.

Regards.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Pinging @Windows X

KP I would appreciate your help on how to setup Roon + HQPlayer

My 8.2 setup is giving me a message that says it can't find the RoonServer.exe file 

This is after I have correctly selected the file in setup.

Regards.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

I noticed with 8.2 when you first open it the small dialog box says V8.2 and then when the settings dialog box opens the dialog box says 8.1 in upper left corner.  But when completed with settings it does go to the music player application page so it must be 8.2.

It would be nice if there were better explanations on suggested setups with this software.  I use AO 2.2 and that already opens Roon server and HQplayer for me, so I don't need AF to do so.  I also use process Lasso which allows me to set real time priority for HQP and Roon server which seems to negate the need to do so in AF.  So with a set up like mine (AO and Process lasso) what would the recommended setting be.  I upsample everything to DSD512 in HQP so performance level has to be very high and I stream tidal thru roon so network is needed.

Hi. I forget to update program's path on 2nd and 3rd item. I'm re-uploading my fixed version right now. Please try downloading again when you see 8.2 news on website. Your mirror should be fixed by then.

I'm currently exhibiting my products in TIAV Show 2018 during 2-5 so I may not be able to response immediately during this event but I'll try to make time to check on updates.

Regards,

Keetakawee

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

When will we all receive the fixed version.Still nothing yet

Just download 8.2 from the link you recieved, it has been updatet.

I just did, and it works with 3 player    

now. 

Asus Prime-P z590 MB. Intel Core  i5 11400 , Jcat usb XE Pci-usb card. Intel Optane m2 with Euphony Stylus software. And running Ramrod.

Jcat Femto Netcard. HDPlex linear w300, HDPlex 400 atx, HDPlex H5 case. MPAudio SLS-hpuln with JCat Optimo Nano Powering the Jcat XE pcie-usb card. Farad 3 lpsu powering the Netcard femto. 2 Buffalo 2008 switch. One stock, and one Buffalo 2008 switch with NewclassD Neutron star Clock powered by MPAudio SLS-hpuln,

Voltcraft fps_1132 lpsu Powering the fibernet box, and first Buffalo 2008 switch. With a Idovr regulator. 

On 8/4/2018 at 7:35 AM, Windows X said:

I sent fixed version to customers now. Please download again and confirm that it will work fine. :)

Have not received this email yet. 

Is there a link you can share for us to download the update?

Regards.

Hi. I've been busy with fixing some security bugs in 8.2 and there's a lot of things I need to do right now so I don't have time to update user guide with Fidelizer 8 yet. My apologies.

Multiple media player applications will be first introduced in Fidelizer 8.2 so it may not come with perfect UI from get go but I'll try to improve this aspect in future updates.

As for media player application option, please check the box in front before hitting start. You'll be prompt to select application and choose the application to run. After fixing path error, it should run fine.

If the issue is still not resolved, please contact me in email for Teamviewer 11 setup and I'll investigate the issue in details.

Hello Keetakawee,

I received the revised 8.2 update notification earlier today and downloaded the update.

Installation went smoothly and now I have selected Roon and HQPlayer without problem.

Thanks and good luck with the roll out!

Regards.