IGNORED

Fidelizer 8.0

Shanepj

Good Job Keetakawee, I was very impressed the first night I played AF8 and continue to be very impressed with it after several weeks.  Like it was said above, quieter backgrounds, more physical palpable presence with greater separation.  Very involving, it has a humanness to the sound as I call it.  I upsample everything to DSD512 the sound now knocks at the door of the very best analog out there.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, drmike said:

i have 7.10 pro. how do i upgrade to 8.0? how much $. i don't have my original key.

Mike I don't think you need the old key because you will generate a new key for this software.  If you go to his fidelizer pro page the top talks about running a new key and has a link.  Make sure your system is stable, meaning you don't plan to change OS SSD, motherboard or CPU in the near future or else you will burn thru the free license transfer.  Once you get the new key then in the drop down menu on his page select upgrade which is $29.95, there is a box for the new key.  Pay and send data and in 12 or so hours he will send you the link with new software.  8 is a much bigger jump than 6 to 7 was.  8 is very nice.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, tgb said:

Fidelizer is in the task manager, but uses 0%. At 0% CPU, can we say that Fidelizer is "running" ?

Yes it is running if you see it in task manager, it always uses 0% cpu on my rigs.  I think to stop it you can do 1 of 2 things lower the level to consumer and re-boot which still has some optimizations applied but should sound a bit different or better uninstall fidelizer listen to some reference tracks a few times then re-install fidelizer set to purist level and replay tracks.

BTW when I first got into fidelizer way back in the 6.x series the jump from free to plus was significant, then the jump to pro was not quite as remarkable but the auto booting was a very nice feature.  I now use 8 pro and 8 was a significant jump from 7.  Highly worth the money.

Keetakawee, with the new build ID generated for AF8 does changing the OS SSD or HDD affect the usage of AF8, or does one have to use the license transfer for such a small swap, before 8 one could do that easily with no problem.  That would be very unfortunate for such a small change.  What hardware ID's are considered for the new 8.0?

• 4 months later...

I noticed with 8.2 when you first open it the small dialog box says V8.2 and then when the settings dialog box opens the dialog box says 8.1 in upper left corner.  But when completed with settings it does go to the music player application page so it must be 8.2.

It would be nice if there were better explanations on suggested setups with this software.  I use AO 2.2 and that already opens Roon server and HQplayer for me, so I don't need AF to do so.  I also use process Lasso which allows me to set real time priority for HQP and Roon server which seems to negate the need to do so in AF.  So with a set up like mine (AO and Process lasso) what would the recommended setting be.  I upsample everything to DSD512 in HQP so performance level has to be very high and I stream tidal thru roon so network is needed.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, drmike said:

i put a new mb in my pc. i can't get 8.5 to run, do i have to buy another copy?

Yes it changes the signature of the PC, but you get 1 free change with original Pro license.  First you need to generate a new hardware code with his tool then email him this code and tell him you want to use your 1 free change.

• 1 year later...
On 4/14/2021 at 8:09 AM, Mark Labbett said:

i suppose what i am asking is will fidelizer pro make any difference to what i already have? Not trying to be difficult but just trying to work out if spending $70 is going to make a difference that i will notice. Thanks

My system

I guess no one really 100% knows.  I ran WS19 GUI and got about 60 process running, with AFpro that whittled down to low 50's.  I always left AF pro at its default sound signature (the top one)  The sound signatures in AO3 I played with a fair amount they they make a big difference and I selected 1 or 2 I preferred (usually 3B or 3C).  I never touched the AF signature just left it default.  AO makes bigger sonic change than AF, but they play together nicely.  Is it worth $70?  If you tweak your PC a lot, change CPU, MB and network  then probably not as you get one free transfer, then its $29 per after I Think.  If you leave your PC as is then this is not an issue.  I liked it enough to pay the upgrade charge from 7 to 8.