IGNORED

Fidelizer 8.0

Shanepj

• 8 months later...

@Windows X -- upgraded from 8.1 to 8.3 and have a question about the media player application screen.

i run AO and in the past have selected fidelizer in shell replacement.  to start roonbridge and dirac, i had used a bat file that fidelizer ran.

how is the best way to do this in 8.3?

fyi -- i've tried (1) selecting roon bridge and dirac as media player applications and (2) selecting the bat file as the media player application.  neither approach starts roon bridge and dirac when selecting fidelizer for shell replacement in AO in 8.3.

both work fine without shell replacement.

thanks!

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
On 12/11/2018 at 4:04 PM, jcn3 said:

@Windows X -- upgraded from 8.1 to 8.3 and have a question about the media player application screen.

i run AO and in the past have selected fidelizer in shell replacement.  to start roonbridge and dirac, i had used a bat file that fidelizer ran.

how is the best way to do this in 8.3?

fyi -- i've tried (1) selecting roon bridge and dirac as media player applications and (2) selecting the bat file as the media player application.  neither approach starts roon bridge and dirac when selecting fidelizer for shell replacement in AO in 8.3.

both work fine without shell replacement.

thanks!

@Windows X -- would certainly love a response on this issue.  thoughts?

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
58 minutes ago, Windows X said:

Ah. Sorry for missing this. I'd recommend to use Fidelizer with its own startup procedure first since it will run will full admin privileges too. If you're using Fidelizer Pro in Windows Server 2012/R2 in core mode, this feature may not work and setting up Fidelizer Pro as default shell in AudiophileOptimizer's ServiceTool is recommended.

Running with shell replacement will be a bit tricky to run apps from %APPDATA% and %LOCALAPPDATA% because fidelizer will be called from system as a shell so it may not find current user.

Regards,

Keetakawee

i'm running windows 10.  the machine runs dirac live and roon bridge (along with AO and Fidelizer).

previously, ao was set up to use fidelizer as the shell replacement.  the capability within fidelizer to start a media application was used to run a .bat file that started roon bridge and dirac live.  worked like a charm.

as mentioned above, the new version of fidelizer doesn't seem to replicate the functionality of the earlier versions.  using fidelizer 8.3 as the shell replacement doesn't start anything.  i tried specifying the specific media applications and tried specifying the .bat file -- again, nothing was started.  note that fidelizer does start the applications when not using shell replacement.

i'm not clear on what you're suggesting -- should i be using shell replacement in ao as used previously?  what should i be doing differently?

thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/12/2020 at 8:13 AM, Mike6f said:

Its not clear to me what this product does. I run win10, foobar 2000 and VLC, with all output from the PC to my AV system digital, toslink or HDMI, or someday 1394, will this product make any changes to the digital output?

no, it doesn't change the digital output.  what fidelizer does is optimize the settings in your computer for audio applications.  while some may say "bits is bits" so what's the point, in my experience, fidelizer makes a audible improvement in computer audio.