IGNORED

may i know your favore audio cable to connect your dac to you amply? avoid please copper 99.9 cables

gaia

2 hours ago, Allan F said:

No, the cheapest and most expensive cables don't sound exactly the same, George. Some interconnect cables sound the same, while others may sound noticeably different. That has certainly been my experience in the many years I have enjoyed this hobby. You have been beating this drum too long. The problem with most of these DBTs has been  discussed many times and need not be repeated.

George agreed that some sound different, that some sound different because they filter something.

8 hours ago, Speedskater said:

I would say that an audiophile cable might introduce more noise or interference than a well chosen cable,

I am more of a objectivist than a subjectivist and I don't believe cables will make much difference unless they do not meet spec in which case i believe they actually cause more harm than good, which is why i would never consider a "boutique" cable.  I do trust brand names like audioquest, or any legitimate cable manufacturer that has a respected name.....that said, I typically buy used audioquest cables for usually less than 50% of new price.

11 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

Speaker connections carry a lot of current. Loose, dirty, or poor connections are going to be extremely susceptible to causing distortion. Air-tight connections of clean surfaces are de-riguer here. Much more so than with interconnects which are small signal cables and too a point more forgiving of less than optimum connections.  

are they talking about using 8402 for speaker cables or rca connects?

i thought it was being suggested for rca connects similar to how the coax cable was mentioned using bnc -> rca adapters... The idea of using coax with shielding probably makes sense for either speaker cables and rca connects?

image.thumb.png.1e62b812ee79b3225ae03726e620f231.png

17 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

No, I think they mean Speakon connectors. Most sound reinforcement amps used them these days, and I've read that that they provide a much more gas-tight and positive (not to mention reliable) speaker connection than do bananas and other five-way binding post solutions. 

but do you believe the belden 8402 or the other mentioned coax ( K_02232 ) would be excellent for either rca or speaker cable connects, right?

The idea of using coax with shielding probably makes sense for either speaker cables and rca connects?

image.png.1dbbfbdcc1db5ebbf6b59756d9ee55c6.png

1 hour ago, gmgraves said:

I wouldn't use coax for speaker cable. First of all, there's no advantage to using shielded cable in such an application, and secondly speaker cable needs fairly heavy conductors (usually 14 gauge of bigger) and coax, even balanced coax just isn't big enough.

ok thanks...that makes sense...i just thought the shielding, and isolation might make sense....but i see what you mean about the AWG being to small on coax.