IGNORED

may i know your favore audio cable to connect your dac to you amply? avoid please copper 99.9 cables

gaia

hi

may i ask your favorite cable to connect your dac to your amply?

let's avoid the copper 99.9% cable just because they are so exansive

i have tried ugreen and urgen ,haven't found any differences

i found this link cable review

they put amazon cable the best

may i know you feebacks?

thanks

iMac sierra 10.12.6, mabook pro sierra 10.12.6 , iphone 6S

The cables I use for critical components range in price from $300-$600 which I can recommend — but you want cheap cables. No inexpensive cables I’ve tried were competitive, sorry. 

You can take a chance with Chinese OCC cables, those are often under $100. Check out China hi-fi and AliExpress. I think Pangea has some Cardas copper cables that are affordable. Check out the Supra LoRad cables too.

AFAIK the best copper conductors are Japanese OCC and Cardas copper. Also when it comes to power cables, the connectors are very important. Names to look for are Furutech and Oyaide, although you probably won’t see those on legit Chinese cables.

24 minutes ago, GUTB said:

The cables I use for critical components range in price from $300-$600 which I can recommend — but you want cheap cables. No inexpensive cables I’ve tried were competitive, sorry. 

You can take a chance with Chinese OCC cables, those are often under $100. Check out China hi-fi and AliExpress. I think Pangea has some Cardas copper cables that are affordable. Check out the Supra LoRad cables too.

AFAIK the best copper conductors are Japanese OCC and Cardas copper. Also when it comes to power cables, the connectors are very important. Names to look for are Furutech and Oyaide, although you probably won’t see those on legit Chinese cables.

hi

I use very exansive cable to connect my cd player to my amply and my amply to the speakers ,i really spent a lot

i 'm talking about the best cheap cable to connect a smartphone or laptop with integrated audio card

i would like to know about this cheap cable (that avoid noise) could sound worse than normal cable (noisy) ?

i know it's a silly question

thanks

4 hours ago, gaia said:

hi

I use very exansive cable to connect my cd player to my amply and my amply to the speakers ,i really spent a lot

i 'm talking about the best cheap cable to connect a smartphone or laptop with integrated audio card

i would like to know about this cheap cable (that avoid noise) could sound worse than normal cable (noisy) ?

thanks

Here's my favorite that sounds better than my previous $2,000 interconnects:

https://www.amazon.com/Mogami-Microphone-XLR-Female-Gold-Connectors/dp/B0002E1P2Q

6 hours ago, gaia said:

hi

thanks

Sorry I misunderstood your question.

What your looking for, optimally, are thick gauge OCC conductors (copper or silver) with high-quality plugs and Teflon or air dielectric. As far as I know only China (supposedly) offers all that for cheap. But, I found a few cable builders on eBay who makes good cables which don’t suck for well under $100:

Amplifier Surgery: an outfit in Australia that makes silver conductor cables. Directionally controlled. Thin and stiff, uses twisting for noise rejection. These guys make all sorts of special format cables like 3.5mm to RCA, RCA to XLR, phono, etc.

World’s Best Cables: they use pro cable stock (Ie, Belden) and decent connectors. Directionally controlled. Pro cables are well insulated, flexible, and properly constructed.

Of course there’s Blue Jeans in the quality pro cable category — you get better construction quality for a higher price, but sonically they’re no better.

8 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

Audio interconnect cables have no effect on sound quality. The cheapest (perhaps from Amazon or other sources like mycablemart.com) and the worlds most expensive (such as Nordost Valhalla II) sound exactly alike.

This is misinformation. Even if you don’t believe in anything that can’t be measured objectively and even if you discount indirect factors like vibration control, there are objective, measurable aspects of an interconnect cable that does impact sound. Inductance, capacitance, etc. There’s a reason why virtually all high-end cable manufacturers moved to OCC copper. There’s a reason why manufacturers go to such lengths to make air dielectric cables.

11 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

gaia - what country are you in?

get the Mogami Gold if easily available - they are well built

you can ignore those arguing that expensive cable sound better until they can produce some valid listening tests - most of them are candidates for a Darwin Award and play silly games ;]

What was the result of your last listening test?

1 hour ago, Ralf11 said:

try to avoid crapping on this guy's thread ok?

Yeah really. People who claim cables make no difference remind me of those climate change deniers. Any change you make to an audio system makes a difference. The question is the improvement worth the cost to you?

1 hour ago, GUTB said:

What was the result of your last listening test?

I'll tell you mine. It's been a while, but the last cable "shoot-out" in which I participated, a carefully arranged double blind test showed that sonic differences heard between ordinary, inexpensive Monster interconnects and some really expensive ones from Kimber and AudioQuest disappeared into thin air in the DBT. Nobody on the listening panel could tell one form the other, which is, of course, what the physics would predict.

George

1 hour ago, One and a half said:

You're welcome any time to contribute something positive to answer the OP, but it may take another 3960 posts for this reality to occur. 

That sounds about right, but he won't do it at all, too busy with trolling and feeble attempts at wit, which are actually just veiled insults.

Put him on your Ignored member list, many of us have done just that and now we only see his BS when others quote it.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

2 hours ago, Allan F said:

No, the cheapest and most expensive cables don't sound exactly the same, George. Some interconnect cables sound the same, while others may sound noticeably different. That has certainly been my experience in the many years I have enjoyed this hobby. You have been beating this drum too long. The problem with most of these DBTs has been  discussed many times and need not be repeated.

George agreed that some sound different, that some sound different because they filter something.

17 hours ago, mansr said:

RG-58 or similar coax with good quality plugs is all you need. Don't pay more than $50 for a typical length. For balanced connections, other cable types are obviously needed.

If only audio equipment would be fitted with F connectors. Same physical size as the RCA and auto provision to add an external ground.

Could also use these. 

image.thumb.png.9b7af76e03e76923fd855b3cd3478612.png

for the cable though the shield coverage varies quite a lot with RG58, AL foil is popular, but there needs to be something else, mechanically the foil can break and is only useful for fixed installations.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

"Audio interconnect cables have no effect on sound quality."

one exception to George's correct stmt above - noise can sometimes get into a component via single-ended cables, so balanced cables (& properly designed components can reject that noise) - in that respect, interconnect could affect SQ

too bad some mystic unicorns on here keep claiming science and engineering is BS, as freshboy did above

9 hours ago, gmgraves said:

Audio interconnect cables have no effect on sound quality. The cheapest (perhaps from Amazon or other sources like mycablemart.com) and the worlds most expensive (such as Nordost Valhalla II) sound exactly alike.

hi i don't think it's right, i connect my cd player marantz special edition kis with my amp marantz or densen and they are connected to my speaker with very exansive cable copper 99.9 and they make an huge different ,i bought in high fidelity audio store

8 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

gaia - what country are you in?

get the Mogami Gold if easily available - they are well built

hi i live in Italy

I don't want to spend a lot of money for my laptop or smartphone ,just because i play vinyls and cd originals

so i bought a ugreen cable , the noise is almost 0%

what i want to ask is

these cheap cable of belkin or ugree , (with very low noise) do have an impact in the audio player quality?

i mean do they sound opaque , less vibrant then cheap old cable without isolation

i guess ugreen and belkin use dual-shielding & high-quality polished metal connectors and ferrite bead

thanks

10 hours ago, gmgraves said:

I spent three years in the Lockheed Missile and Space Company's "Polaris/Poseidon cable laboratory". I have measured, stressed, destroyed, tested, and characterized every kind of cable and connector and dielectric and insulator known to science, and I think I have a pretty good understand of how cable works, what it's strengths and weaknesses are, and what it can and cannot do at every frequency from DC to daylight! I

George, did you test various levels of EMI surrounding the components? My impression given my own tests, is that audible differences between cables are largely due to shielding etc ie noise, but haven’t spent the time you have investigating this (I just use balanced XLR and don’t worry ;) 

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

11 minutes ago, jabbr said:

My impression given my own tests, is that audible differences between cables are largely due to shielding etc ie noise

Yup my experience also - grounding and shielding method and impedance matching (or mis-match). I've learnt a lot about all that from John S along the way.