IGNORED

Article: The Definitive Sgt. Pepper's In High Resolution

Nice write-up.  I ripped the BluRay as soon as I got it, and the 5.1 surround mix is quite something special too.  I can't wait for the White Album and Abbey Road, to name two.

20 hours ago, firedog said:

Hope Ted B. is right and more remixes come out. Of course, I actually prefer Revolver and Rubber Soul because their stereo mixes really suck - they are just bad. The White Album and Abbey Road were all or in part recorded on at least 8 tracks and were mixed to stereo by the Beatles, so they sound pretty good. 

Giles is quoted somewhere that the White Album is next, so I assumed the earlier anniversary dates won't be redone like this.  Yes, Revolver in hirez, OMG.

I am 63 and remember just about every Beatles album purchase or sibling's purchase like it was yesterday (Beatles 65 at a store called Uncle Bill's for $3.20).  And have nostalgia for the mono mixes (which are included on the Pepper bluray).  But the 5.1 remixes are so amazing (the 5.1 Love stuff that wasn't mashed up aggressively, for example) that I can't wait for the rest of the catalog going forward. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, ChrisG said:

Uncle Bill's! I haven't thought about that store for years. We'd go to Uncle Bill's in Rocky River then go down a few storefronts and hang out at Olson's electronics drooling over the hi-fi stuff they had there. Good times!

+1  Yep, same store, Rocky River.  And Olson's, down at the east end of the strip.  Yes!  Years later I think Tokyo Shapiro took over that location and I would buy my laserdiscs there!!