IGNORED

Briscati M12 | PS Audio Direct Stream | Mola Mola Makua

Worst part is when they grab the tonearm and say, "what's this?" as they scrape the expensive cartridge/needle over an out of print album, then start crying because of the terrible noise screeching out of your speakers, and frightened by the noise run away tripping over some of your cables and dumping your gear on the ground.  

And then you hug them and say, "it's alright".  

Tone with Soul

7 hours ago, Miska said:

Anyway, 3.125 MHz instead of 100 MHz sounds like resource constrained to me. Which it is. Put a modern CPU and GPU in work together and you can do same at 100 MHz plus much more (like digital room correction which has huge impact on sound quality).

Yes, maybe in a few years MM brings the next gen which can do highest DSD rates without decimation and is ten years ahead as well.......

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

8 hours ago, matthias said:

Yes, maybe in a few years MM brings the next gen which can do highest DSD rates without decimation and is ten years ahead as well.......

Matt

I would suggest listening to the Mola Mola before making assumptions about what it might sound like!  One listen and you will forget all about whether or not it decimates higher rates of DSD or not...

Again, best DAC I have ever heard, that includes a couple of "discrete DSD" types running at high DSD rates, dCS Vivaldi stack, and PS Audio DS.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

12 minutes ago, barrows said:

I would suggest listening to the Mola Mola before making assumptions about what it might sound like!  One listen and you will forget all about whether or not it decimates higher rates of DSD or not...

Again, best DAC I have ever heard, that includes a couple of "discrete DSD" types running at high DSD rates, dCS Vivaldi stack, and PS Audio DS.

I have plans to listen to the MM at HE Munich in May.

Thanks

Matt

4 hours ago, Miska said:

Let's see if they have it available for listen. Last time they had products just on static display.

Yes, but I have heard that Munich is the official launch of the Tambaqui, so they would be fools if they do not provide listening sessions.......

Matt

I have not been to the Munich Show, but is not the one where there are not isolated listening rooms?  Just Booths divided by whatever the demoing company brings along?  My understanding was that this show is not really a good environment for listening.  Of course no show is all that great for listening, but Munich seems to be the worst.  Or am I missing something?

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

8 hours ago, barrows said:

One listen and you will forget all about whether or not it decimates higher rates of DSD or not...

Did you listen to the MM DAC with your Audirvana setup upsampling to DSD128?

Via ethernet or USB input?

I expect that there is no difference between DSD and PCM.

Matt

11 minutes ago, barrows said:

I have not been to the Munich Show, but is not the one where there are not isolated listening rooms?  Just Booths divided by whatever the demoing company brings along?  My understanding was that this show is not really a good environment for listening.  Of course no show is all that great for listening, but Munich seems to be the worst.  Or am I missing something?

No, there are booths in the halls only.

In the upper floors there are isolated listening rooms.

http://www.highendsociety.de/index.php/en/plan-of-show-rooms.html

Matt

20 minutes ago, matthias said:

Did you listen to the MM DAC with your Audirvana setup upsampling to DSD128?

Via ethernet or USB input?

I expect that there is no difference between DSD and PCM.

Matt

No, I heard the Makua with DAC board into Kaluga mono blocks, and then into Vivid Audio Giya (pretty sure G2s).  I do not remember the digital source.  This was a system I could be happy with forever with no regrets.  Incredible resolution, realistic timbres, incredible dynamics and soundstaging, and completely natural sounding and free of any trace of artifact.  There are some systems which stick in your memory, this was one.

My own speakers do  not have nearly the resolution of the Giyas, they are fantastic, and very revealing.  If anything was "wrong" with the system they would show it.

I doubt the Mola Mola DAC would sound the same with all incoming resolutions though, it has to apply different digital filers for each different incoming rate, and that ought to make for some differences.  When you oversample PCM-DSD that is a very different filtering operation than starting with DSD, so it will sound different.

SONORE computer audio