IGNORED

What DAC does an ipod use?

Hey Ashley - you are 100% correct on all accounts. I purchased an AppleTV because I thought it was pretty cool. Now I'm showing it to everyone who comes over and I used 90% of the features I didn't really consider when I purchased the unit.

Hi-end companies trying to out-design and out-innovate Apple are in for a world of trouble.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I guess what I was getting at was I hope they turn it into a stripped down Mac Mini. I do not even need they AppleTV to record just have a tuner. I would like a simple version of Safari so I could watch tv shows and movies from places like Hulu. The guys at the Apple store basically said to think of the AppleTV as a big ipod, so I figure if they can put most of those things on the touch and iphone then they could be put in the ATV. I would love to just have the AppleTV hooked up to my ADM9s and display, and not have anything else in the living room. All that said I will probably buy one in the future.

ADM9.1s ,2.0 Ghz Mac Mini, Panasonic BD-35 blu-ray player.

It all seems to revolve around endless licence issues. I've just tried to access Hulu and can't because I'm outside the US, but in the UK I can't watch many TV programs on a Mac because the program producers have decided on a Windows DRM! They won't download to a Mac.

It's all extremely irritating, it's holding back the development of Media Computers, it's limiting the usefulness of what we have and it smacks of paranoia. The only benefit that might come from it is that it'll probably turn huge chunks of us into skilled Hackers and criminals in the process!

I've been trying to understand the Awkward TV site and have a friend putting a 250Gig HD in my ATV as a beginner's starter.

I've a lot to learn.

Ash