Jump to content
IGNORED

Suggestions for streamer with USB out


Recommended Posts

Hi All, 

 

I am new here, so be kind ; )

 

After a network streamer with USB out, I know there is a couple of such devices out there but they don't suit my needs. Before I proceed, here my current setup:

 

- Cambridge Audio Dac Magic V2, subscription with Spotify

- Gryphon amp with Dac module, connected to Dac Magic via toslink/spif

- Qnap server running Plex library - 90% flac files

- Control app via either Cambridge app or BubbleUPNP - Android only

 

Had a few sample DSD files and they sounded really good. But have not done any critical listening and compare with flac files of the same songs. The issues are, DSD can only be played over USB, so the DAC magic is out of the equation. Yes, it can play DSD but I would like to utilise the better DAC in the Gryphon. 

 

The Aurender A10 - http://www.aurender.com/page/audiophile does have USB out, but I don't think it supports Spotify and is a bit overkill just to fetch digital files, price for their lower end N10 model cost 4K in AUS. Their app only come in Apple IOS. 

 

The other is Auralic Aries mini, again does not support Spotify and also limited to Apple IOS. 

 

I work IT infrastructure support, so having a permanent laptop attached to the stereo does not appeal to me at all. What are my options? Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

 

Cheers,

Morebeer

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@beerandmusic - regarding Nativ sound music server, I am seeing lots of glossy webpages. But no real world examples of the product in situ. Moreover, I would like the see the music server in action and how's it is hooked up to a typical stereo systems. I have not seen any real user feedback or review. Coming from crowd funded product, not sure I will dive right in with my hard earned money.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 22/12/2017 at 12:21 PM, sermorebeer said:

Hi All, 

 

I am new here, so be kind ; )

 

After a network streamer with USB out, I know there is a couple of such devices out there but they don't suit my needs. Before I proceed, here my current setup:

 

- Cambridge Audio Dac Magic V2, subscription with Spotify

- Gryphon amp with Dac module, connected to Dac Magic via toslink/spif

- Qnap server running Plex library - 90% flac files

- Control app via either Cambridge app or BubbleUPNP - Android only

 

Had a few sample DSD files and they sounded really good. But have not done any critical listening and compare with flac files of the same songs. The issues are, DSD can only be played over USB, so the DAC magic is out of the equation. Yes, it can play DSD but I would like to utilise the better DAC in the Gryphon. 

 

The Aurender A10 - http://www.aurender.com/page/audiophile does have USB out, but I don't think it supports Spotify and is a bit overkill just to fetch digital files, price for their lower end N10 model cost 4K in AUS. Their app only come in Apple IOS. 

 

The other is Auralic Aries mini, again does not support Spotify and also limited to Apple IOS. 

 

I work IT infrastructure support, so having a permanent laptop attached to the stereo does not appeal to me at all. What are my options? Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

 

Cheers,

Morebeer

 

 

 

Sonore microRendu supports almost all streaming output modes - including Spotify Connect.

 

If budget allows - the Sonore ultraRendu is even better.

 

http://www.sonore.us/microRendu.html

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Consider this, lots of reviews. I heard it at CAF and was very impressed. In particular it eliminates the "spaghetti mess" of multiple small boxes and discrete power supplies by collapsing all into one well engineered chassis. Its only downside is internal storage limits, if you need more than 4TB you will have to access USB3 connected disk storage.

http://www.innuos.com/en/catalog/go/zenith-mk2-std

 

 

Regards,

Dave

 

Audio system

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, sermorebeer said:

@beerandmusic - regarding Nativ sound music server, I am seeing lots of glossy webpages. But no real world examples of the product in situ. Moreover, I would like the see the music server in action and how's it is hooked up to a typical stereo systems. I have not seen any real user feedback or review. Coming from crowd funded product, not sure I will dive right in with my hard earned money.  

agreed....i bought one when they had it advertised for 50% off and they are saying it is still delayed so i asked for my money back which they did without hesitation...I will wait to see the verdict myself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, beerandmusic said:

agreed....i bought one when they had it advertised for 50% off and they are saying it is still delayed so i asked for my money back which they did without hesitation...I will wait to see the verdict myself.

So why recommend it then?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Em2016 said:

 

Sonore microRendu supports almost all streaming output modes - including Spotify Connect.

 

If budget allows - the Sonore ultraRendu is even better.

 

http://www.sonore.us/microRendu.html

 

 

+1

Peach Audio Iso Transformer, Linn Akurate DSM, McIntosh MA2275 

Paradigm 30th Anniversary Tributes, SVS SB13 Ultra x2, Dynaudio BM5A MKII

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2017-12-22 at 2:21 AM, sermorebeer said:

The other is Auralic Aries mini, again does not support Spotify and also limited to Apple IOS. 

 

Actually, Auralic's Christmas present was Lightning DS 5.3 which includes Spotify connect. Also BubbleDS Next on Android (OpenHome) works brilliant with Auralic Aries Mini and their other streamers.

?

Auralic Aries Mini, Ariston RD40 & Mytek Brooklyn DAC system with Fostex TH900 & Gibson Les Paul 8 reference monitors.                           

I see my life in terms of music. Albert Einstein

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, beerandmusic said:

other suggestions also besides nativ vita

 

NEW available 1st quarter 2018

 

Teac NT505

Marantz ND8006 (supports HEOS) and dsd streaming

Native vita might still worth exploring but will wait for real world reviews. 

Hard to get hold of Teac brand in Aus. 

Does the Marantz really have USB out?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, sermorebeer said:

Native vita might still worth exploring but will wait for real world reviews. 

Hard to get hold of Teac brand in Aus. 

Does the Marantz really have USB out?

my bad inre marantz....forgot the title of this thread looking for usb out....i actually am looking for a streamer dac so i can sell my dac and have one device, and marantz is on my shortlist (wish it had sacd instead of just cd so i could get rid of my ud7007 also)....someone will make what i am looking for eventually (grin).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, beerandmusic said:

my bad inre marantz....forgot the title of this thread looking for usb out....i actually am looking for a streamer dac so i can sell my dac and have one device, and marantz is on my shortlist (wish it had sacd instead of just cd so i could get rid of my ud7007 also)....someone will make what i am looking for eventually (grin).

DAC/Streamer have

 a look the Cambridge CXN (V2). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Cornan said:

 

Actually, Auralic's Christmas present was Lightning DS 5.3 which includes Spotify connect. Also BubbleDS Next on Android (OpenHome) works brilliant with Auralic Aries Mini and their other streamers.

?

Thanks for that, will investigate further. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/12/2017 at 12:45 AM, davide256 said:

Consider this, lots of reviews. I heard it at CAF and was very impressed. In particular it eliminates the "spaghetti mess" of multiple small boxes and discrete power supplies by collapsing all into one well engineered chassis. Its only downside is internal storage limits, if you need more than 4TB you will have to access USB3 connected disk storage.

http://www.innuos.com/en/catalog/go/zenith-mk2-std

 

 

Thanks, not looking to invest 4-5k for device just to fetch streaming sources. As I already invested heavily on a new Gryphon DAC. 2k max me thinks. I already have a Qnap Nas serving up UPNP via Plex. This new device am looking for should have an  app accompanied with nice GUI. The device don't have to perform any digital to analogue covertion, it mean to be just a transportation device so the Gryphon DAC does all the conversations. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, sermorebeer said:

Thanks for that, will investigate further. :)

 

Aries Mini is also Roon ready and have airplay. If you add BubbleUPnP server on a PC, NAS or Android tablet for example you will be able to use many other control points as well.

Auralic Aries Mini, Ariston RD40 & Mytek Brooklyn DAC system with Fostex TH900 & Gibson Les Paul 8 reference monitors.                           

I see my life in terms of music. Albert Einstein

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cornan said:

 

Aries Mini is also Roon ready and have airplay. If you add BubbleUPnP server on a PC, NAS or Android tablet for example you will be able to use many other control points as well.

Am an Android user, how does one use the Lighting DS app and connect with Spotify? Or it's only via web interface only? To control or other functions such as browsing my own library I can just use bubble UPNP is the correct? Thanks in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, sermorebeer said:

Am an Android user, how does one use the Lighting DS app and connect with Spotify? Or it's only via web interface only? To control or other functions such as browsing my own library I can just use bubble UPNP is the correct? Thanks in advance.

 

Spotify connect works directly from Spotify's official app on Android.

https://www.cnet.com/news/spotify-connect-what-is-and-how-it-works/

 

Tidal, Qubus etc works directly via BubbleDS Next or BubbleUPnP server plus BubbleuPnP.

Auralic Aries Mini, Ariston RD40 & Mytek Brooklyn DAC system with Fostex TH900 & Gibson Les Paul 8 reference monitors.                           

I see my life in terms of music. Albert Einstein

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One more thing. If you want to setup the Aries Mini using an Android you will use the web interface which is found under the same ip number as the Aries Mini (the same way as a router).

Auralic Aries Mini, Ariston RD40 & Mytek Brooklyn DAC system with Fostex TH900 & Gibson Les Paul 8 reference monitors.                           

I see my life in terms of music. Albert Einstein

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...