IGNORED

Roon + HQPlayer server (fanless, if possible)

JJarego

God complex and there minions

On inspections now but the  hdplex 400 watt is not really good it also has issues and not avalible and getting redesigned.  

I would get two 200 watt units and be done. 

The one two hundred and 400 watt dc atx can run the Main board and cpu alone. 

The second can do the rest. As in video card or usb card for Audio.  

The m2 is very fast lol but it gets its power from atx molex connector right. 

If so it to palutes the power back into Main board. Do they make a riser cable for them to separate the 5 volt power. 

Also what I have found is slower drives sound much better than fast ones. 

If a one pc setup is to be used it’ should be for os alone. And music on other drives. 

If a two pc setup is used it can be used just on the player pc connected to the dac.  

It makes no sense but get your hands on one and let me know as you smile. 

I am not going away and will challenge the groups that post of what to use that is just not cpmeplete in getting the best audio. 

I don’t measure I listen and have a very resolving system in both headphones and speakers. 

My posts and questions within them will be broken down better so the nae sayers have less to pick at.  

Dont be mad as well learn and no one here knows all there is.  

Who is the man behind the curtain of hq player here rumored that there is two here and the same guy lol. 

Love to know who.  I think hq player is the best sound anyone can give them selves in sound as a player.  Having said this it’s gui , complex choices and and poor library mng are mind blowing 

I help many others in there set up for this wonderful  player but always offer roon as the lead for music mng but send to hq player always. 

Even roon runnijg tidal into hq player is better than the tidal app alone. 

Stop trying to play I am stupid and post this as I agree some of my content is starinful to understand I am by far very qualified in knowing what sounds better.  I may not know why in measuring  it as we all know we cannot measure all we need that great effects the sound. 

For the nuk and raspberry pi groupies how anyone feels a cheap end point  with no lps 

sounds good is confusing  to me. The point of isolation and how to approach it does matter 

but there are many ways to achieve it.  

Overall let’s calm down and ask each other questions and give civil answers that we all can benifit from and try as individuals. It is pretty hard to understand some of the concepts that some say is great when I have tried them and found it to be not so. Reading about ones finding is nice but doing it proves the point 

less being a parrot and more yes I tried it and here is what I heard is better for all of us. 

Linux the new best in show yes it sounds great and perhaps a more simple approach but I have yet to hear how win 2016 with AO is better overall. They are two approaches to great sound and should be posted as such.  

Bios does anyone here go into the bios to slow things done be it windows or Linux 

turning off auto for anything and making it manual is important as well as turning off hyper and speed step matters plenty so when one posts results I wish they included this part. 

Cache and page files again turning them

off for all drives also is important 

not using the same drive for OS and music no matter how fast it is still is degrading the sound. 

Lets be nice in the sandbox plesee I may be wrong on some points as well but good discussion not flaming helps all.  

Signed not a god or minion just a regular sole lol. 

Al D 

19 hours ago, Miska said:

HDPLEX 200W LPSU is not powerful enough.

HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX could maybe just barely manage, but not necessarily. But it is not LPSU.

Their linear 400W PSU is not powerful enough.

i7-6950X is 140W TDP, so it's consumption is probably around 200W. GTX 1080 is 180W (and Nvidia recommends minimum 500W PSU). So that's pretty much 400W already without the motherboard and other stuff.

My OS is on the Samsung 960 M.2 SSD sitting straight on the motherboard. Way faster than old SATA things.

Why? This makes absolutely no sense to me.

Anyway, my music is stored on my Linux server and shared on the network.

I didn't, because I have not seen anything that would be able to do it and would have reasonable cost. Then if I get one, I can measure if it has some impact or not.

But of course I measure my gear and what I have works absolutely fine.

I don't use or support this kind of stuff. What kind of PC was it?

I had one Win 10 Pro based NAA using LogicSupply CL100 hardware, but not anymore. Most of my NAA's are Linux-based running the image I provide, rest are running minimal Debian 9. Those can be powered from linear PSU, as they only need +5V, +9V or +12V and very little current, 2A is well enough. I have my own LPSU for such uses. But there are also good non-linear ones like Teddy Pardo.

Can you provide measurement results that show the difference?

What kind of noise?

I hope you are not using some expensive audiophile STP network cables - those can spoil purpose of the NAA! Always use cheap CAT6 UTP cables! Or better still, optical network links.

Trying to answer in your order of replies 

200 watt is enough for Main board and cpu alone period and is best always to keep the mainboard by itself 

video card if for Audio only why have such a powerful card and a big waist of resources  but if you insist use the 12 volt bus from the second hdplex 200 watt for it. Use a riser that allows a separate buss feed. 

On board os drive vbuss gets noise given off by the os drive if you must use a fast drive then use a seperate vbuss from lps IE rear port on back of hd plex.  Each rear port has its own ground isolated regulated output. Only use one v buss for each device never group this does add noise.  

Drive speed it’s not a gamer desktop although it seems it’s what you aim for. 

Slower drives sound better have you ever tried such drives ? I have all kinds of drives that I have tried 

ssd of all speeds including the super fast m2 drives. If it makes sense to you is not fhe point being made here have you urself tried these 

I have myself not just read someone’s posts of it 

it’s why I am posting what I Hear.  

Anyway I know who you are and why your posts are so protected by you and others. 

Post on amd feel free to upsample to the moon 

but always be kind to others never know who is on here looking hahahhaa. 

Ps I am not a troll nor do I sell or are part of any maker or selling group

I wonder who is hahahhaa.  

Oh I give up you lol your stuck in your own zone and no one but groupies allowed. 

How in your world you need such a high end video card if it’s just a Audio pc.  And if you ran roon on Windows sever x thena cheap gt420 is fine and only 25 watts still should be fed from its own 12 volt bus.  And I know powerful video cards need there own buss powe hell I am 60 years old and doing this from dos days. 

Your just wrong on so many levels and not worth my time to help or fix you. 

Who the hell cares how long it takes to boot it’s how it sounds period. You should try some of my suggestions it’s very worthwhile. 

Miska I love the sound your product gives us and have been a fan of your work for years and always Recomend your wonderful product to all. And I mean this from

my heart ❤️.  I am sorry to act this way to you someone I do worship in Audio.  I live in nyc

if you ever come here please feel to my place we can enjoy great sound and talk in person.  

I do mean what i said in the invite we do have Mutial friends.  Again great product far ahead of the bunch 

Miska regarding tidal I get your point and how it gets streamed To us via internet carrier how ever a lps is a must in all areas in an audio chain. Bits are not just bits right ? 

Inbeddd jitter is real right.  

I vannkt explain why you know far more than I do but I do know what I hear and like. 

And your manual is wonder once you get it understood and I can the changes I. All of your settings they matter plenty. 

8 minutes ago, ALRAINBOW said:

Oh I give up you lol your stuck in your own zone and no one but groupies allowed. 

How in your world you need such a high end video card if it’s just a Audio pc.  And if you ran roon on Windows sever x thena cheap gt420 is fine and only 25 watts still should be fed from its own 12 volt bus.  And I know powerful video cards need there own buss powe hell I am 60 years old and doing this from dos days. 

Who the hell cares how long it takes to boot it’s how it sounds period. You should try some of my suggestions it’s very worthwhile. 

Miska I love the sound your product gives us and have been a fan of your work for years and always Recomend your wonderful product to all. And I mean this from

my heart ❤️.  I am sorry to act this way to you someone I do worship in Audio.  I live in nyc

if you ever come here please feel to my place we can enjoy great sound and talk in person.  

I do mean what i said in the invite we do have Mutial friends.  Again great product far ahead of the bunch 

Many here are using HQPlayer up convert PCM>DSD512 on the fly. The heavy duty GPU assists that process. I run what I consider a bare bones DSD512 set up with an outdated i7 3770k and a GTX1060. As to he being "stuck in his own zone", that is anything but true. I was originally drawn to HQP by his broad knowledge base and posting style where he states clearly what he is about without condescending to us neophytes. So I guess I am a groupie. Oh well...

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

2 hours ago, 4est said:

Many here are using HQPlayer up convert PCM>DSD512 on the fly. The heavy duty GPU assists that process. I run what I consider a bare bones DSD512 set up with an outdated i7 3770k and a GTX1060. As to he being "stuck in his own zone", that is anything but true. I was originally drawn to HQP by his broad knowledge base and posting style where he states clearly what he is about without condescending to us neophytes. So I guess I am a groupie. Oh well...

Hahaha thanks I was waiting for you to say cuda  offload   I have tried it too does work to lower cpu usage.  But I am not a fan of upsampling but truly do hear some obvious virtues to it.  If one is using an older cpu like mine as it is a zeon k 3.5 gig it’s needed as I also turn off all speed step , turbo , hyper threads and set all to manual no auto And I do limit the cpu.  I also only use 4 gig of Audio filtered ram as well. But even with this I can run any filter up dsd 256 from

pcm.    Not 512.  The 512 thing I think came from j river as it only sounded better if done to dsd 512. Honestly hq player sounds great at any upsample even 256 

hq  player truly is a working marvel of sound 

it adds layers of sound that are just not there in foobar or j river. 

Roon keeps trying to catch it but even at the new 3.14 it’s no where near you.  

Having said this roon control to  hq player to me and some others feel it  sounds better than hq alone 

it adds a bit of weight or hang time on the notes and harmonics of piano.  A truly wonderful sound.  

Thanks for your replies. 

8 minutes ago, ALRAINBOW said:

Hahaha thanks I was waiting for you to say cuda  offload   I have tried it too does work to lower cpu usage.  But I am not a fan of upsampling but truly do hear some obvious virtues to it.  If one is using an older cpu like mine as it is a zeon k 3.5 gig it’s needed as I also turn off all speed step , turbo , hyper threads and set all to manual no auto And I do limit the cpu.  I also only use 4 gig of Audio filtered ram as well. But even with this I can run any filter up dsd 256 from

pcm.    Not 512.  The 512 thing I think came from j river as it only sounded better if done to dsd 512. Honestly hq player sounds great at any upsample even 256 

hq  player truly is a working marvel of sound 

it adds layers of sound that are just not there in foobar or j river. 

Roon keeps trying to catch it but even at the new 3.14 it’s no where near you.  

Having said this roon control to  hq player to me and some others feel it  sounds better than hq alone 

it adds a bit of weight or hang time on the notes and harmonics of piano.  A truly wonderful sound.  

Thanks for your replies. 

What does Jriver have to do with this and what is so funny? I refuse to use their software fwiw. Here, there is quite a difference in using DSD512 with non-2s filters and the GPU helps a lot. There are many such as myself that are using DAC chipless DACs. In my case, I am using one without an active final filter. My passive output filter is my transformer volume control. The passive output that I use definitely benefits from DSD512 over 256. YMMV yada yada...

Forrest:

It’s funny how uptight some are here 

inhale now exhale relax 

I never said upsampling is bad and dsd 512 is not better than 256.  I actually said it sounds good at dsd256 too is that bad coz it’s not 512 

calm down 

hq plaeywr also uses plenty of ram if it’s tjere to use again noting wrong. 

The fact I don’t upsample or use cuda or use more ram is a personnel choice and in no way accusing others of knowing less or more than me is not my intention ever 

digital Audio is a grand illusion with a wizard behind the curtain for all of us.  Better is for the beholder 

j river is a good middle of the road player not the evil empire having said this roon into hq player is bliss does this make not belong to the groupies here lol. See I am laughing again ????

52 minutes ago, ALRAINBOW said:

It’s funny how uptight some are here 

inhale now exhale relax 

I never said upsampling is bad and dsd 512 is not better than 256.  I actually said it sounds good at dsd256 too is that bad coz it’s not 512 

calm down 

hq plaeywr also uses plenty of ram if it’s tjere to use again noting wrong. 

The fact I don’t upsample or use cuda or use more ram is a personnel choice and in no way accusing others of knowing less or more than me is not my intention ever 

digital Audio is a grand illusion with a wizard behind the curtain for all of us.  Better is for the beholder 

j river is a good middle of the road player not the evil empire having said this roon into hq player is bliss does this make not belong to the groupies here lol. See I am laughing again ????

I do not think I am being uptight in this instance. You asked why one would want a GTX1080 and I replied. From what I gather, the xtr series filters consume a tremendous amount of resources. FWIW, I respect your postings and perspective. IIRC, you have very nice kit and aren't afraid to state your opinions.I like that...

Forrest:

4 hours ago, ALRAINBOW said:

How in your world you need such a high end video card if it’s just a Audio pc.  And if you ran roon on Windows sever x thena cheap gt420 is fine and only 25 watts still should be fed from its own 12 volt bus.  And I know powerful video cards need there own buss

I have couple of goals for the machine:

1) Do digital room correction and multichannel speaker processing for all, including 5.0/5.1 DSD64/128/256 recordings, to 8 channel DSD256 output

2) Do stereo down-mix of those multichannel DSD64/DSD128/DSD256 with digital room correction to stereo DSD512 output

3) Do stereo upsampling of RedBook to DSD512 using poly-sinc-xtr (without -2s) with digital room correction

The i7-6950X was first CPU that achieved stereo 44.1k to DSD512 using poly-sinc-xtr (non-2s). And yes, with the high speed RAM and mother board it takes over 200W.

Sadly it doesn't yet have enough oomph for everything I want. I'm hoping that with help of Nvidia's new Titan V it will manage the rest. If it doesn't, I'll try to help it with the new AMD Epyc CPU. We'll see...

For stereo 44.1k to DSD512 without room correction, the new Coffee Lake i7-8700K should be pretty good. I need to order one early next year. Certainly I'm expecting improvement over older i7-7700K, with the two extra cores. Add a suitable GPU and room correction doesn't practically increase the CPU load (HQPlayer 3.20 also allows offloading only the convolution engine for this case), then you can likely manage with GTX 1060 or similar.

4 hours ago, ALRAINBOW said:

OK, if I'm wrong, maybe you can post a recipe for a machine that fulfills above requirements at cheaper price and sounds better? Everyone wins!

5 hours ago, ALRAINBOW said:

Who the hell cares how long it takes to boot it’s how it sounds period.

Quite many actually. My HQPlayer Embedded machines boot and shut down as quickly as traditional CD player. You press the power button and the device is ready in 5 seconds. You press the power button again and the device is off in less than 2 seconds.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

9 minutes ago, Miska said:

Quite many actually. My HQPlayer Embedded machines boot and shut down as quickly as traditional CD player. You press the power button and the device is ready in 5 seconds. You press the power button again and the device is off in less than 2 seconds.

To be honest, I only care about the system boot time for systems that crash frequently.  Otherwise, it ain't a big deal.  :D

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

55 minutes ago, Miska said:

I have couple of goals for the machine:

1) Do digital room correction and multichannel speaker processing for all, including 5.0/5.1 DSD64/128/256 recordings, to 8 channel DSD256 output

2) Do stereo down-mix of those multichannel DSD64/DSD128/DSD256 with digital room correction to stereo DSD512 output

3) Do stereo upsampling of RedBook to DSD512 using poly-sinc-xtr (without -2s) with digital room correction

The i7-6950X was first CPU that achieved stereo 44.1k to DSD512 using poly-sinc-xtr (non-2s). And yes, with the high speed RAM and mother board it takes over 200W.

Sadly it doesn't yet have enough oomph for everything I want. I'm hoping that with help of Nvidia's new Titan V it will manage the rest. If it doesn't, I'll try to help it with the new AMD Epyc CPU. We'll see...

For stereo 44.1k to DSD512 without room correction, the new Coffee Lake i7-8700K should be pretty good. I need to order one early next year. Certainly I'm expecting improvement over older i7-7700K, with the two extra cores. Add a suitable GPU and room correction doesn't practically increase the CPU load (HQPlayer 3.20 also allows offloading only the convolution engine for this case), then you can likely manage with GTX 1060 or similar.

OK, if I'm wrong, maybe you can post a recipe for a machine that fulfills above requirements at cheaper price and sounds better? Everyone wins!

Thanks for your honest replies and I’m glad it’s calming down to just post. I feel your pain in wnat you want it to do all in one box. 

Let’s forget speed of drives for now how much does the cuda offl load decrease cpu usage in core % also do you use all ciores even ? 

Honesly larry of hdplex has issues with the 400 watt model and it is being remodeled as such don’t touch it.   

for What you wnat in one pc the powe is very high as is the heat 

I would also consider all that processing on one cpu would effect the sound. 

I played with cpu I7 6700k amd an m2 Main Board hardrive a linux OS 

if the music was played on the same drive as os 

it effects the aound 

this was done with hq player no up sampling 

when using a sata drive for music its own 5volt bus it improved 

now I know the sheer speed of the m2 drive can do all of this and more but it still effected the sound 

I also have all cache and page files shut down too.  

Let me see who makes what you need for lps and do some looking at what power you need 

but it does seem it will be multiple lps setup 

not a bad idea really. 

An idea to consider 

what I do is use two pc setups 

one is roon core and gui if I want to. 

It does all roon alone and stream to my second pc same setup but only hq player and usb mainboard our to dac. 

Min doing this the second machine works less and sounds better. 

You can do the same if the first pc does your room correction and all you want and stream to seocnd pc to hq player and upsample in this method two 200 watt lps is fine for second machine one for Main board and seocnd for video card if needed.  I use a cross correct cat 6a cable I made no big deal but keeps it off the network if I am not using tidal.  

Does this work for you ?

Doing stereo 44.1k to DSD512 with poly-sinc-xtr and ASDM7 the CPU is at 90+% on all 10 real cores (meaning 40+% on total load, because virtual HyperThreading cores are accounted on that value). It is a little bit on Turbo Boost side in this situation. Machine itself is very quiet even in this case. This is without room correction. What is your load in that situation?

hqp-load-dsd512-nocuda-xtrmp.thumb.png.dba12846fd3f1975c798ffd1b7692d0d.png

What I have sounds and measures absolutely fine through the DAC-UP USB ports on the motherboard to the T+A DAC8 DSD.

Unless someone offers something tangible, it's all hands waving. I'm just stating what works and doesn't work for me. I don't particularly like recommending any piece of hardware, so I rather just list what I have and use for testing and listening.

11 minutes ago, ALRAINBOW said:

You can do the same if the first pc does your room correction and all you want and stream to seocnd pc to hq player and upsample in this method two 200 watt lps is fine for second machine one for Main board and seocnd for video card if needed.  I use a cross correct cat 6a cable I made no big deal but keeps it off the network if I am not using tidal.  

Does this work for you ?

No it doesn't because HQPlayer doesn't support such case (piping two HQPlayers in series). And it still needs that same CPU or something faster to manage even with plain upsampling.

I don't use Roon for playing local content, only for Tidal. In which case Roon runs on my Mac Mini on macOS. And then sends it to any of my many HQPlayer machines. I don't have Roon installed on that machine at all.

Ok I see your point 

I use roon for mng it’s just simpsler for me and stream to player dac through your hq player. 

I even have used roon ona linux as my player 

from my win roon machine some how roon adds something tangible to it I like. But hq alone is wonderful.  

A shame on the two pc concept 

do you intend to make hq player have all the additional operations or a second program again looking for two pc setup sorry ? 

11 hours ago, ALRAINBOW said:

I use roon for mng it’s just simpsler for me and stream to player dac through your hq player. 

Have you compared if HQPlayer sounds different standalone compared to Roon? ;)

do you intend to make hq player have all the additional operations or a second program again looking for two pc setup sorry

No, because I don't see a point in having multiple computers for running the DSP instead of one. If one socket machine is not enough, you can always buy two or four socket machine. For example four socket machine with Xeon E7-8894v4's would give 96 cores total, and 16 memory channels. TDP would be nice 660W, could almost serve as a heater... :D With AMD Epyc one could get 128 cores on a quad socket machine.

Although it would be doable to make the Linux version run in a cluster.

having said that a better GUI would be nice and one that can search for music like roon does with album art and categories.

Well, certainly there's search with album art. But no categories. Have you ever tried the alternative fullscreen/touch GUI built into HQPlayer?

Those fancy GUIs add load to the GPU though which I rather use for DSP things. I rather have the GUI simple and light, yet powerful. I don't think Roon supports regular expressions in searches and such, while HQPlayer does.

OTOH, have you tried HQPDcontrol app or Muso for controlling HQPlayer? That way you get HQPlayer standalone playback, but still alternative GUI.

22 minutes ago, Miska said:

Well, certainly there's search with album art. But no categories. Have you ever tried the alternative fullscreen/touch GUI built into HQPlayer?

Those fancy GUIs add load to the GPU though which I rather use for DSP things. I rather have the GUI simple and light, yet powerful. I don't think Roon supports regular expressions in searches and such, while HQPlayer does.

OTOH, have you tried HQPDcontrol app or Muso for controlling HQPlayer? That way you get HQPlayer standalone playback, but still alternative GUI.

Cpu usage I’ll bet your  right. But please consider as I push your product hard for you. You don’t know me but I am

one silent mostly but help many others achieve better digital Audio.  

When I do I get two replies 

one is the many settings that while very important is very confusing and complex 

this I can help them get through but again if there were a few simple choices ona drop down menu to pic from with names either stock or named by user would be a big help.  

The second is why the vast majority use roon

its simple. 

Yes you can scan a tree or drive but the format is just a list 

imagine I own some 26000 albums in various formats what good is a 1000 page list going to do for me or anyone. It makes people use another player.  

No I have not tried the remote control 

I will when I get back to nyc later today and thanks for the thoughtful reply. 

roon has a 30 day trial try it use it and model yours to it.  

Your player is magic at a cost of learning how to use it even Ina minimal way.  But even when you know it very well it’s still not Nearly friendly nor allows organization easy.  

J river has some form of scan and library options maybe model them.  

The ones who only use your product to upsample are few in comparison to the mass playing digital audio.  No one I know use hq player alone always with roon now. I am willing to bet since roon your memberships have gone up . If yes it’s why.   Once roon scans and organizes its resources gets low you can do the same. They also have a feature called throttling 

it slows down the cpu usage while scanning. 

The overall point is great gui , simple drop down choices from stock and allow named ones for the tech savey user. A real search for music 

do this and you have it all.  Perhaps some nice skins too. Not all use headless and even the ones who do still see lists and options to

pick from. 

I don’t know of others have taken the time to be honest with you nor do I know I’ll get anywhere in getting you to change. But Shurly I am here to be honest and not a troll.  

I hooe I have made my point clearly to you. 

Al 

one is the many settings that while very important is very confusing and complex

Many people ask for more complexity and settings...

imagine I own some 26000 albums in various formats what good is a 1000 page list going to do for me or anyone

Use search...

Screenshot_2018-01-01_21-46-17.thumb.png.18045499c2e4da7a59151eef8161c644.png

roon has a 30 day trial try it use it and model yours to it

Of course I have Roon license since I test my software with it. But no I don't want or have any intent to make my software look like Roon. If you like Roon, use Roon as a frontend to HQPlayer. There's no point in trying to duplicate that in HQPlayer.

HQPlayer Embedded rather removes most of the GUI from HQPlayer.

I rather spend my time making HQPlayer produce better sound, not doing useless eyecandy.

J river has some form of scan and library options maybe model them.

JRiver and foobar2k look horrible to me, I wouldn't want anything like that. There wasn't any player that I would have been happy with, so I created HQPlayer.

Personally, I don't even need cover art. It doesn't help making sound any better, so it is unnecessary. And none of my CD rips have cover art anyway, because there's no cover art on CD discs. All my CD rips were made using grip.

Perhaps some nice skins too.

You can make some nice skins for HQPlayer's fullscreen/touch GUI if you really want to. How much extra are you ready to pay for nice extra skins included with HQPlayer? 200€, 1000€, 5000€?

I hooe I have made my point clearly to you.

I think you have.

Last thought the player is not for you do you realize this concept it’s for everyone else 

as such think crowd pleaseing not just you.  

Look around at other products that sell well and users are happy.  You make the best sounding player and yes I love it’s complexity to play with 

and yourbuser guides have improved greatly explaining each detail in settings. All great 

but you know why most don’t use it 

read my post above 

I assume there is a money factor in this somewhere ? If so read above to increase revenue 

at one time the best player was j river and they got there by reading what others liked. 

Foobar was and is for the free crowd and makes your player seem like a two step dance compared to foobar free is very complex and looks like hell your not far behind but sound fantastic.  Anyway I have tried seem to have gotten no ware.  I wish others whonresd this and I know feel the same would chime in.  

Anyway thank you for your replies and respectful posting 

good luck ? 

Very simple, I don't want to make a player I don't like or wouldn't use myself.

I do this because I need it and because it is fun. Not because I would need money.

I assume there is a money factor in this somewhere ?

Unfortunately yes, I don't have money to hire people. My time is limited, and I rather put it on sound quality and features I consider important. And let other people work on GUIs who are better on that. It is impossible to please everyone. Having multiple GUIs to choose from is better for everyone.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally managed to build a PC for DSD512.

I am using AMD Threadripper 1920x and now I can easily play DSD512 with poly-sync-xtr-mp-2s filter!!

I don't even use CUDA offload and cpu utilization is not exceeding 15%!

My whole build costs less than $2000...

I also use the Muso for HQPlayer GUI. It works amazing! (better with older HQPlayer). It has a great UI/UX for managing album library and full integration with HQPlayer. Best solution I found so far.