IGNORED

Ethernet upgrade for Computer Audio - Audioquest Diamond X Sotm Combo

1 hour ago, plissken said:

I posted tracks to members here with a  $700, 3 foot, Nordost, and a $90, 315 foot (yes 100 times longer), generic CAT5e. No one could tell the difference.

And the total number of members, out of the several thousand C.A. members who could have  tried this , but didn't , was ???  

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 minute ago, plissken said:

Why would the significant majority the knows audiophile Ethernet is horseshit bother with it.

And the total number of subjectivists here who could have tried it but didn't was??? I wonder why that is.

All that money waving around, and you STILL don't know the answer to that question ? :D

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

12 minutes ago, plissken said:

Well there's been some movement on that front.... I made $200 in October!

From another candidate for the annual Darwin Awards ? 9_9

People sit in front of the pokies, feeding them  for hours at a time , and buy Lotto tickets knowing full well that the odds are stacked against them, just as they are with the files you prepare !

14 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I hope the smiley face means you are joking.

Of course.

I don't doubt that the person who attempted this thought he had a good chance after his own testing at home.

Anybody who has participated in serious DBT sessions knows how hard it is to obtain  the desired results when under stress.

It may be a different matter for the professionals who have nothing riding on the results.

9 minutes ago, plissken said:

What did the cable have to do with playback in Tidal for 10 minutes and 30 seconds? He agreed with me: NOTHING.

However, the cable did initially.

I get caught out myself occasionally when I have made changes to my USB playback area which uses a Regen with a battery derived supply. I suddenly realise that the LED on the USB memory stick isn't flashing, despite the music still playing.

That doesn't mean however that what is playing from System Memory, necessarily sounds the same as before the changes.

I would hope that you really didn't take the money on this occasion though.

4 minutes ago, plissken said:

How about I get another high end cable, you snail mail me a 24/192 track, I'll setup and stream it to you over two cables in my system and you tell me which is which? I would love to see you validate your hearing. I can setup a periscope stream to Twitter.

I am not about to play your silly games.

I already have all the proof I need from people and C.A. members who are well qualified in their various areas of expertise.

In any event, my hearing has aged considerably since first making my original reports over 10 years ago in DIY Audio,

( I will be 79 in just over another month !) where I  had another report of mine confirmed , regarding the audible improvements with VERY close matching of the Collector Currents of the Input Differential Pair in an amplifier.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/133018-current-mirror-discussion-15.html