IGNORED

"Sunday bloody Sunday" an AC Power system story

bobfa

23 minutes ago, GUTB said:

Lots of other reviewers rant and rave about how great pairing these receptacles with the Furutech plates and covers are, about how great they work with Furutech NCF IECs and plugs...the problem is the cheapest high-end Furutech power cable I could find is $1k from TweekGeek. Audio Sensibility is also willing to custom make me some, but those will probably cost roughly the same, maybe a little more. Sigh. I wish I hadn’t tested it a few days ago and found the Furutech outlet clearly superior...maybe ignorance IS bliss.

The Furutech AC cable (there's quite a few of them)  can be purchased by the foot/metre. Suggest to buy the plugs, sockets and cable and have your electrician wire in the lot. It takes about 15-30 mins to fit and test each cable. A 12AWG, including the shields takes me about 15mins, to terminate, heatshrink the shields, assemble and test with an IR tester. For 10AWG, this is a different story, the termination distances are very critical and takes longer. Beyond 10AWG is beyond silly since the 'off the shelf' plugs and sockets from Furutech and Oyaide plugs have a 12mm OD limit and 10AWG with the shield is the limit.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

45 minutes ago, bobfa said:

I have seen open neutral happen before and it is UGLY!  A review of the homes' electrical system periodically is a great best practice. I have a great electrician that I can rely on!

The partially open neutral happened at my place, lights roller coaster, and the voltage all over the place. The neutral was partially working at the connection point at the house where the street supply terminates. There's no transformer to allow the voltage to go higher than 230V.  There are no regulatory rules to detect a broken neutral (in my country). Hmm. For my 230V / 110V audio system, there's protection against that, but for the rest of the house, there's no mercy.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA