IGNORED

Balanced Power

Ralf11

It seems that a whole bunch of different situations are getting  co-mingled together. For a permanent hardwired AC balanced power system the NEC has a bunch of rules as to what is permitted.  For a smaller portable plug-in unit, the UL has other rules that the unit needs to tested to.

As I wrote in another thread the differences between an isolation transformer and a balanced transformer are very small.

17 minutes ago, Cornan said:

I do not know what you call small differences, but to me there are clearly audioble differences between isolation transformers in general with balanced isolation transformer with floating secondary sounding quite a bit better than Ultra IT (with grounded secondary) and IT with floating secondary (that I also own). 

It's my reading of papers by the experts on the subject. Start with Jim Brown and Bill Whitlock.

Tell me about how you dealt with all the uncontrolled variables when you did the comparison.  Any measurements?

It's real easy to measure signal-to-noise ratio at your amplifier's speaker terminals.