IGNORED

JRiver difficulties

BigBadger

I've had this problem too.  I'm not sure why it loads files in the sort order it does, but clicking on the column headers sorts them as I like.  For instance, if I load two albums, click "Track No." then click "Album", it will sort by track number ( 1,1,2,2,3,3 etc.) then clicking "Album" sorts again (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5).  Once you get used to it it's rather handy.

I as I think you've discovered, you can also un-view columns you don't want (Rating, etc) by right-clicking on the column header and de-selecting that column.  That way only the columns you need appear in the main window.  You have to do this for each main window you use (Playing Now, Playlist, etc.)

On compilations/samplers (i.e "artist" field is not same artists on all tracks) "album artist (auto)" should be set to "multiple artists".  Then cover art view shows one album, etc.  It should do this automatically once set.

All my HDTracks downloaded albums only play one track at a time instead of playing the entire album like other rips do. I tried to define all tracks in a folder (album) as part of the album using JRiver and Mp3Tag, but it does not do anything. Let me know if someone has any ideas to fix this. Thanks.

I should mention that I am using Geoffery Armstrong's JRiver to HQPlayer to load albums from JRiver to HQPlayer:

All other rips and downloads from other sites play fine except downloads from HDTracks.

1 hour ago, Ron Scubadiver said:

Try using version 1.06 of foo SACD input.  Reportedly, it works with Foobar2000 1.4.

I have read it. But I prefer not to do it for no specific reason. I'll wait.

On 31/12/2017 at 7:17 PM, ted_b said:

On compilations/samplers (i.e "artist" field is not same artists on all tracks) "album artist (auto)" should be set to "multiple artists".  Then cover art view shows one album, etc.  It should do this automatically once set.

It's my constant complain. The Album Artist tag has nothing to do with the Album tag. It's two different things. When I choose Album I want that and only that. I want to hear that full Album, that's why I select it. I don't want to hear only a song from an artist.

That's why I use Foobar2000 and HiBy. Because they display the Albums as full Albums and not broken "Artist - Album" thing.

I agree that there are many compilation albums and the thing has to be arranged. But I think it's a wrong approach.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Siddhartha said:

Jriver will not advance to the next file.  This should be easy to change but I can not find where do it.  Can someone please help me with this?

Say more.  Without a description of what you are actually doing and what you expect, it is hard to offer any help.  

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

8 minutes ago, Kal Rubinson said:

Say more.  Without a description of what you are actually doing and what you expect, it is hard to offer any help.  

I want Jriver to play all the files in a folder.  Right now Jriver will play one file and stop.  I have to right click the next file and click play.  There should be a way to have Jriver to continue to play files. I am using Media Center 23.0.102 on a Windows 10 machine.   Thank you for your reply.

30 minutes ago, Siddhartha said:

I want Jriver to play all the files in a folder.  Right now Jriver will play one file and stop.  I have to right click the next file and click play.  There should be a way to have Jriver to continue to play files. I am using Media Center 23.0.102 on a Windows 10 machine.   Thank you for your reply.

Are you playing the files directly from the PC's own output, or sending the files to a remote machine, like a  receiver or other DLNA renderer?

3 hours ago, Siddhartha said:

Not sure what you mean about "folder." JRiver is album-based and, usually, an album is a file-folder on the storage device.  However, I rarely ever 'right-click' on anything except to get at menus.

1.  Usually, I just click on the album art and then click on the word "Play" that pops up.  JRiver then plays the whole album.

2.  Often, I just click on the album art and then click on the word "File" that pops up.  Then I double-click on the file/song that I want to play first but JRiver then plays all starting with that file.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

• 6 months later...

I am having a soul crushing time trying to route channels to my desired speakers:

Jriver --> RME Babyface AS1/2 (optical SPDIF) --> Crane Song Solaris DAC -->right/left monitors

Jriver --> RME Babyface AN1/2 (XLR 1/2) --> Sub one

Jriver --> RME Babyface PH3 (phones TRS split to stereo RCA) --> Sub two

Jriver --> RME Babyface PH4 (phones TRS split to stereo RCA) --> Sub three

How can I target this right??

Help! SOS! Mayday!

Do not feel obligated to spend any time on this @dallasjustice@mitchco, but I've reached a certain level of desperation after many hours of fiddling with audio device configs, audio output modes, channel counts/offsets within Jriver. I've checked various wiki pages including the DAC settings, audio connection type, etc. Any ideas where else I should look? Surely this can work with the Babyface, no? If you have any ideas how to resolve, I am all ears. Thanks

Just now, mitchco said:

@H_Space See Mojave's response at: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81931.0  You could also post on the JRiver forum... Also @jriver can assist.

Thanks so much @mitchco - just realized using the windows test sounds within the windows sound control panel (Win10) is a very screwy way to check extra channels (unfortunately my only way at the moment) to get a feel for what's going where.

When I right-clicked menu -> "test" on the Jriver Media Center 24 default playback device, it would skip channels making it seem like might right speaker wasn't working. But going into "configure speakers" and clicking the little speaker icons individually would play the test ding tone on both R/L monitors correctly (sometimes after a couple extra clicks). The other 5.1 channels are still random or overlapped though, but at least all speakers play. I might benefit from a 5.1 (dolby?) test file or something.

I have it set on the ASIO Fireface USB device with a channel offset of two, 5.1, etc.

Hopefully I'll have success targeting my speakers with Audiolense tomorrow. Trying to get something good going before family arrives on Friday, haha.