IGNORED

JRiver difficulties

BigBadger

Am I the only one who thinks JRiver is more difficult to use than it needs to be? :confused:

I've bought a few licences, after the initial purchase, on the expectation that it would eventually become easier to use. It hasn't. It appears to be the single most difficult to understand and implement software that I own/licence. So I don't use it. I had been hoping to control the system from my PC with the JRiver but I just don't get it and it drives me nutty how challenging it is .... and I thought I was pretty good with most software/PC usage.......

I've found no video's, manuals of any help to make use of it. I surely can't be the only one who feels this way..... I'd love to hear of other perceptions experiences with JRiver.

My system isn't super high-end but we think it's very nice sounding. All is network hardwired with exception of the Control point tablet/phone.

• Anthem MRX710
  • Synology DS213 NAS
  • Moon MiND
  • Moon DAC
  • Sonus Faber Speakers
  • Asset UPnP Server
  • MiND control point app from Tablet/Phone
On 12/20/2017 at 10:07 AM, ted_b said:

I've had two full length videos in my signature for some time.  Feel free to download and watch.  JRiver is not difficult, but the setup might be daunting to new computer users (which you say you aren't).  Lemme know.

Feeling a little dumb, but I looked and looked and could not for the life of me find your signature line nor any videos. Even looked at your profile , etc etc.... turns out this silly forum auto-logged me off after a period of inactivity......Not logged in = can't see anything much extra. 

Found a video of yours on Youtube and am currently importing my NAS collection to a library... HOLY CRAP, 12hrs later it's not quite half done. Doesn't help that sleeping PC's stop the process and there is no way to avoid that, apart from not allowing it to sleep. 

I'll get this damn thing figured out... not matter how long it takes. Thanks for your help Ted_B!