IGNORED

iFi's AC iPurifier (official) - Mains Noise Buster - New videos!

7 hours ago, satbox said:

Hi Matias,

Thank you for your answer.

And what about the two leds on the iPurifier, are they green?

No, the phase one is red, the ground one depends on your installation.

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

• 1 month later...

I've bought several iFi mains filters and they are all working well. However, the mains polarity lights are all red. I am in Spain and have Schuku sockets. The mains cable going to the sockets is coloured red, blue and yellow/green stripes, although as far as I know it shouldn't matter which way round you have a Schuku plug going into the socket. However, if I reverse the Schuku plug of the mains block that the iFi filter is plugged into, the polarity indicator is always red.

One of my three filters is connected to a mains block which isn't earthed as there isn't a Schuku socket in the wall, and so both polarity and earth are red for that one. Does the mains filtering still work properly in that case?

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot

• 2 months later...
On 9/30/2018 at 3:35 PM, applesnowleo said:

Cleaning the noise on the system can bring beneficts like detail, control, speed of little elements, better view into the mix, better separation, but also come with trade off’s, cleaning too much could turn the sound more analytical and control too much the bass, can sharpen the voices and with it resulting in lower sense of musicality. The effect of cleaning the power could make the system more revealing and exigent on the quality of the recording but also remove the pleasure from the music.

I think every hardware that you connect not specifically the ones that clean the power have their own personality even a power cable can dramatically change a system sound.

When I first connected an audioquest nigara in my system the effect of the cleaning was really amazing, and I am referring to the effect of cleaning, I gained a lot of positive aspects and loose others that also are important. The nigara gave me the sensation of removing a big dirty curtain in front of my speakers, but it also removed a lot of body in the music, the sound was thin but clear as water, so I had to compensate with power cables to maintain that sense of cleaning and recover some body in the music and bass.

But that’s my specific case, every system has is pros and cons.

Your helpful post definitely applies to my situation.  Thank you for posting it.  When playing some recordings with my system, the iFi AC Purifier spotlighted recorded sibilance in vocals because the device is too revealing of everything.  It became unbearable, and so I removed the device today and that solved the problem.

I had already installed an Audience Forte F3 power cord for my amplifier, which had similar effects as the iFi AC iPurifier, but without the exaggerated sibilance.  If someone wants to add life to their system but still be able to enjoy problem recordings, swapping out their amp's stock power cord might be a better way to go than adding the iFi AC iPurifier.  Of course, this is all system dependent.  My system was already a bit bright, and so that may somewhat explain why the iFi AC iPurifier was a problem for me.

The only improvement I miss from the iFi AC iPurifier is the tighter bass.  The Audience Forte F3 power cord only tightened the bass a little, whereas the iFi AC Purifier had a much bigger effect in that regard.  Still, I would rather avoid excess sibilance than loose bass any day. 

I expect that with a better DAC I will be able to enjoy tighter bass while still avoiding excess sibilance.  Now, if only I knew which DAC to choose.

I was able to reduce it, but I still have some sibilance on some tracks with female vocals.

I have two presets in JRiver's parametric equalization, and that takes care of the remaining sibilance for the 1% of tracks in my library with it.  I leave off the parametric equalization unless I am playing tracks that need it.

I would like to find a DAC that is better at handling sibilance.  Weiss has a DAC with a de-esser setting, but it costs $8,000.  Any suggestions?

@AMR/iFi audio could you please respond to this video?

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

2 hours ago, audiobomber said:

@AMR/iFi audio could you please respond to this video?

What is it supposed to be showing?  That the device adds noise?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

https://support.ifi-audio.com/kb/faq.php?id=803

I think this is ifi's answer I found online

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

44 minutes ago, firedog said:

https://support.ifi-audio.com/kb/faq.php?id=803

I think this is ifi's answer I found online

Good enough for me, thanks firedog. 

When I first installed the AC Purifier in my main system, I noted a slight decrease in background hash that I hadn't known was there. $100 is not a lot to spend in the main system. I've changed a lot in that system since then (new bridge/renderer, new DAC, replaced two SMPS with LPS). I intend to do some more testing, hopefully blind, whenever I can have audiophile friends over again.

In a separate headphone system, it has no effect that I can detect, but if it adds an extra protection from transient voltage spikes, it is still worth using.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

• 3 months later...

Purchased 5 pcs for my five dedicated 15 amps lines. This combination killed my music, slam, slap gone music became very soft.

So this tells me that the Ifi AC is working in my 2 channel which is a living creature.

After several experiments and listening test, found that my 2 channel sounded the best with 1pc of  Ifi AC plugged in and only in a particular spot, at my Rogers Gateway (modem/router) since I only stream Tidal. It removed a good portion of glare and sharpness of poorly recorded voices and lead guitars, also it added a small level of clarity on my overall musical presentation, not day and night, just enough that it can be heard.

I like the Ifi and will keep it at this location.