IGNORED

iFi's AC iPurifier (official) - Mains Noise Buster - New videos!

23 minutes ago, One and a half said:

There's a polarity LED, it won't understand a balanced supply.

Ah, OK ! ... thank-you ... But, apart from the LED circuit issue with a BPS, would iPurifier still provide the other benefits mentioned ?

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

Hi.

I join the query about the balanced power supply.

I also have a balanced transformer and also creates a lag for noise cancellation ¿How might the inclusion of the AC iPurifier affect it?
I understand, that of including an AC iPurificador, that is connected in parallel to the plug where the balanced transformer is plugged and not into its own outlets ¿Is that so?

Another question please. The balanced source had previously connected to a power filter, which I had to dispense because it was harmful to the sound. I suspect that it could be due to a greater contamination of the ground connections.
The AC iPurifier, I understand that being active, should not contaminate the ground connections. Am I right? This is very important to me.

Thank you very much for the answers.
By the way, I have several DC iPurifier with good results and that's why I'm interested in using the AC iPurifier.

Is it ok to run it in 230V phase+phase?

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

Hello ifi,

Question about the AC iPurifier.  I am interested.

I have a Furman Elite 15 PFi.  It has star grounding and 12 connections on the back separated in to three zones.  Could you provide some guidance on how the AC i would be employed in this case?

It seems as if the Purifier is meant to be used in a line-type order; the Furman is not organized that way.  As well, would you recommend that the SMPSs be plugged in to a different power component than the Furman?

thanks very much for your help, good weekend

jjk

7 hours ago, Matias said:

Even with rock and pop music the changes can be heard clearly. Cleaner and more dynamic. In my main system it appears to have improved not only highs but mids and lows as well. I did several with/without tests of the unit next to the DAC cable, and it is noticeable every time. Plus I get some peace of mind that my system has now additional surge protection. Highly recommend! :)

As soon as they show up on Amazon I will buy a couple more. I guess they have been selling well because it is not the first time they are unavailable there from iFi itself.

Thanks for your nice feedback! Enjoy!

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

• 4 weeks later...
On 4.2.2018 at 4:41 PM, Matias said:

Even with rock and pop music the changes can be heard clearly. Cleaner and more dynamic. In my main system it appears to have improved not only highs but mids and lows as well. I did several with/without tests of the unit next to the DAC cable, and it is noticeable every time. 

Full agree. They are great.

I bought some more, now 5 total for 2 systems. :D 

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, one more thing. The 2018 Audio Video show in Lisbon just ended and here are some pictures our staff did during short breaks they were fortunate to have.

There were some peculiarly looking audio products showcased in there, that's a given!

a.thumb.jpg.1be10f5490038677bdfba8b43a24cdc8.jpg

b.thumb.jpg.e2e0f45d86755c97bd8d95cd0797f6fe.jpg

The place itself was beautiful, in comparison to the weather in UK right now it seemed like a real paradise!

d.thumb.jpg.9dd555f6f8404dbd3266c8694bc9bedd.jpg

e.thumb.jpg.cb77047311665a1b5459225438c285ef.jpg

We had a listen to Sennheisers HD820 for the 1235423123123 time and yes, we like these.

c.thumb.jpg.8a02c67b378548869f078e30d571efcf.jpg

Some of us couldn't keep up with the pressure and had to rest for a bit whenever and wherever possible. That's the official version. The unofficial one? It's very easy to be intimidated by TOTL Gryphon floorstanders...

f.thumb.jpg.4e3b6727411a802440d8b13d2f4a604c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 6.04.2018 at 9:37 PM, doors.sl said:

@AMR/iFi audio

Do you have prediction when the unit will be available for sale in amazon?

Thanks.

AC iPurifier on Amazon is currently sold out. It should take several days, so please do check the site once in a while.

On 4/8/2018 at 8:51 AM, AMR/iFi audio said:

AC iPurifier on Amazon is currently sold out. It should take several days, so please do check the site once in a while.

OR, ahem, check with a authorized iFi Audio dealer to see if they have any in stock. 

;)

---------------

Rich Brkich

Owner, Signature Sound

Liverpool, New York USA

FaceBook Page: http://www.facebook.com/Signature.Sound.HiFi

• 1 month later...

What's the capacity in terms of Watts of the AC purifier? My system at peak can theoretically pull over 3000W. Can  one of these little guys in the main wall outlet handle that?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

On 14.05.2018 at 7:04 AM, firedog said:

What's the capacity in terms of Watts of the AC purifier? My system at peak can theoretically pull over 3000W. Can  one of these little guys in the main wall outlet handle that?

There's no reason why it shouldn't.

9 hours ago, AMR/iFi audio said:

There's no reason why it shouldn't.

Thanks, I ordered 2. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is a photo of a typical USA wall plug:

IMG_1120.thumb.jpg.ec2472502ba636b7bb52c65d7f562a25.jpg

This is a photo of a iFi AC i Purifier plugged into a typical USA wall plug:

IMG_1121.thumb.jpg.3f13571660296efbe1aa4834ea837eeb.jpg

To quote a nice Van Morrison song I like, "What's wrong with this picture?"  ?

OK, while the USA NEC (National Electric Code) has not standard on the orientation of USA wall plugs, in the many many places in the USA I have visited and lived in over the years, the orientation is with the ground plug at the bottom.  So, why make them (pretty much) upside down???

---------------

Rich Brkich

Owner, Signature Sound

Liverpool, New York USA

FaceBook Page: http://www.facebook.com/Signature.Sound.HiFi

4 minutes ago, RichB said:

This is a photo of a typical USA wall plug:

IMG_1120.thumb.jpg.ec2472502ba636b7bb52c65d7f562a25.jpg

This is a photo of a iFi AC i Purifier plugged into a typical USA wall plug:

IMG_1121.thumb.jpg.3f13571660296efbe1aa4834ea837eeb.jpg

To quote a nice Van Morrison song I like, "What's wrong with this picture?"  ?

OK, while the USA NEC (National Electric Code) has not standard on the orientation of USA wall plugs, in the many many places in the USA I have visited and lived in over the years, the orientation is with the ground plug at the bottom.  So, why make them (pretty much) upside down???

I'm guessing the designer was British:

uk.thumb.jpg.3e89fb4cb70746cbdbcf5b73dc66ec06.jpg

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull