IGNORED

iFi's AC iPurifier (official) - Mains Noise Buster - New videos!

Ok, I think I found the answer myself by looking at the description of the Groundhog accessory on the Ifi website.

You do require a grounded outlet to have any benefit of the 4mm ground connector on the iPurifier. The purpose of the connector seems to be to make it possible to ground equipment with no groundplug on the mains connector.

4 hours ago, qrarolu said:

Ok, I think I found the answer myself by looking at the description of the Groundhog accessory on the Ifi website.

You do require a grounded outlet to have any benefit of the 4mm ground connector on the iPurifier. The purpose of the connector seems to be to make it possible to ground equipment with no groundplug on the mains connector.

Yes, this is how it works!

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

ifi, 

i already have  2 groundhog and i notice there's a groundhog+ that is released to include a banana/rca cable for ac ipurifier. 

where can i get just the banana/rca cable instead of buying another set of groundhog+ ?

On 1/5/2019 at 12:50 PM, PPk said:

ifi, 

i already have  2 groundhog and i notice there's a groundhog+ that is released to include a banana/rca cable for ac ipurifier. 

where can i get just the banana/rca cable instead of buying another set of groundhog+ ?

Drop us a message via our support system please: 

http://support.ifi-audio.com

Hey guys, we've published a series of videos on our AC iPurifier over on our You Tube channel.

Highlights here!

Positioning and placement of the AC iPurifier

Polarity and ground detection of the AC iPurifier

Screenshot 2019-02-19 at 14.42.13.png

• 1 month later...

I've been using mine for at least a couple of months now. On tube gear, it seems to make zero difference. On solid state gear though, there is a noticeable difference. I am already using power conditioners, but when I plug into the outlet above the existing power conditioner cord, the vocals of the music get elevated and pushed forward in the mix. Imagine a virtual space where the mix is, and the vocals seem to be pushed out about 3-4 inches from the rest of the mix and sweetened just a touch. It's really nice. I've replicated this on powered studio monitors (Adams) and also Marantz gear. Thinking about buying another one soon.

22 hours ago, stuck limo said:

I've been using mine for at least a couple of months now. On tube gear, it seems to make zero difference. On solid state gear though, there is a noticeable difference. I am already using power conditioners, but when I plug into the outlet above the existing power conditioner cord, the vocals of the music get elevated and pushed forward in the mix. Imagine a virtual space where the mix is, and the vocals seem to be pushed out about 3-4 inches from the rest of the mix and sweetened just a touch. It's really nice. I've replicated this on powered studio monitors (Adams) and also Marantz gear. Thinking about buying another one soon.

Cool, we're happy that you're happy!

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2017 at 6:53 PM, AMR/iFi audio said:

It actually is. It can be used to create a supplementary ground/earth connection for audio systems where there is no ground/earth present. The supplementary ground/earth connection is ‘smart’ as it will NOT introduce a ground loop EVEN if the system is already earthed (as more than one earth also creates a ground loop).

Else where on AS with switching power supply it is recommended to connect the smps DC zero output to AC ground. This should reduce noise from the smps. Can I use the ground input of the AC Purifier for this? 

12 hours ago, jaaptina said:

Else where on AS with switching power supply it is recommended to connect the smps DC zero output to AC ground. This should reduce noise from the smps. Can I use the ground input of the AC Purifier for this? 

With our own product?

• 3 weeks later...

The more the merrier. :) +1 on the wall receptacle, not shown.

IMG_20190603_224216.thumb.jpg.7808348df70a38ebe5513abfd8f677ee.jpg

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got a call from my local HiFi store to be told there is a recall on these, so I will take the 2 units I have owned for a year now in tomorrow to have them replaced. Interestingly the store says they haven't been told why and I am not sure if this is just for a particular batch or maybe even just the Australian plugs?

9 minutes ago, wanta911 said:

I just got a call from my local HiFi store to be told there is a recall on these, so I will take the 2 units I have owned for a year now in tomorrow to have them replaced. Interestingly the store says they haven't been told why and I am not sure if this is just for a particular batch or maybe even just the Australian plugs?

Would be nice if iFi post something here to clarify.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

22 hours ago, wanta911 said:

Well I just did my swap and the guys at the store said they were sent 10 specific serial numbers that they had sold that had to be recalled, so this has to be a potential manufacturing batch issue. Other than that, I have no idea as to why?

That system attests to iFi's ISO9001 certification that they could trace a faulty component installed in a batch. Most likely dealers don't record serial numbers, even less customers sending in warranty cards, so a recall was a reasonable method to haul in the suspected models. Looks like a supplier substituted a reference part with something different (cheaper) that affected the operation of the whole unit. Nothing unusual given cutting corners today.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

HI all,

to clarify, this is from August 2018 so dates back to a year ago.

The very first batch of AC iPurifiers (AU pin) sent to our AU representative did not have a specific wiring configuration for AU requirements (as each country is different!). Busisoft, our AU distributor contacted all the customers to replace these with units from the next lot. If anyone has any questions, open an STS ticket here:

If direct contact is preferred, Busisoft, our AU distributor can be reached on +61 3 9810 2900 / [email protected] 

Any questions, just ask! Thank you.

b.thumb.png.b11a3ff5e0a57f6860e4141b23e025c5.png

53 minutes ago, AMR/iFi audio said:

HI all,

to clarify, this is from August 2018 so dates back to a year ago.

The very first batch of AC iPurifiers (AU pin) sent to our AU representative did not have a specific wiring configuration for AU requirements (as each country is different!). Busisoft, our AU distributor contacted all the customers to replace these with units from the next lot. If anyone has any questions, open an STS ticket here:

If direct contact is preferred, Busisoft, our AU distributor can be reached on +61 3 9810 2900 / [email protected] 

Any questions, just ask! Thank you.

b.thumb.png.b11a3ff5e0a57f6860e4141b23e025c5.png

Thanks for the straightforward answer.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 9 months later...
12 hours ago, satbox said:

Hi,

Is the AC iPurifier remains useful when there is no neutral (in Belgium we have 230v but it is common to have two phases with 136v between each phase and earth)?

Thank you!

Yes. I have one in a phase + phase = 230V outlet and it is definitely noticeable.

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red