IGNORED

Article: Roon Labs Releases Version 1.4 Update

5 hours ago, AmusedToD said:

Could you please elaborate? Sounds better in what way?

From what I'm hearing with my system is timing and spacial definition improvements. I'd like a little more time to listen and validate the improvements I'm hearing.  Nothing else has changed with my system except the Roon upgrade.  

From the release notes they seem to allude to some optimizations.  

"We’ve also optimized the RAAT implementation in the Core to minimize CPU usage and context switching during streaming. On the endpoint side, there some optimizations in Roon, Roon Server and Roon Bridge that reduce timing variability when passing audio buffers to device drivers."

4 hours ago, Dalgas said:

Hmm. I may have been to fast on the trigger. My amplifier has just been upgraded (new capacitors) and is not quite "broken in" yet. It seems to take at least an hour to warm up and rise to the occasion now. A lot has improved in the 2 hours since my first reply. I still recall roon 1.3 being better. But I suspect my judgement is somewhat affected by my initial experience. Better call it a day and just listen 9_9

:-)

Been there!  No worries. 

• 2 weeks later...

@extracampine

From the 1.4 release notes, they seem to allude to some optimizations.  I think these are where the SQ improvements lie.  Very subtle for sure, but I've noticed an uptick in SQ(my ears, my system)

"We’ve also optimized the RAAT implementation in the Core to minimize CPU usage and context switching during streaming. On the endpoint side, there some optimizations in Roon, Roon Server and Roon Bridge that reduce timing variability when passing audio buffers to device drivers."