12 minutes ago, Les Habitants said:

+1 on this, I've found this JSGT shunt to be effective in systems where SMPS wall warts are a necessary evil.

The world of Ham Radio also offers a solution for attenuating so-called SMPS "backwash", by Array Solutions. Their AC-7 filter is designed to allow SMPS use in the very noise sensitive/critical front end radio receiver environment without destroying the reception.

I am using the attached kit in line with my computer. Due to necessity, I have to use an internal antenna in close proximity to my PC, with a very Low Noise MHA in line for DTV. 

I also added a VDR across the input, mounted under the PCB.

Alex

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3900W-EMI-18A-High-Frequency-Power-Filter-Board-DIY-Kits-F-Speaker-Amplifier-/322591319359?hash=item4b1bf0e53f

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

7 hours ago, davide256 said:

Appreciate the replies. @sandyk While not all things work, my general experience lately has been that power supplies "leak" things into audio components and  that as the noise floor drops on your active analog components, the "leakage" interferes with further improvement. Will give John Swenson's grounding suggestion a try on the DC wall warts,.  @Les Habitants will try the AC-7 suggestion  also,  just got the Eitr so  need some settle in  time before I  try to compare filtered vs unfiltered.

David

Agreed about PSU leakage.

Even a nearby DTV can affect audio. Some poorly designed controllers for LED lighting can also cause problems.

With my DIY Preamp I even switch the "earth" side of it's inputs through as well to help reduce this problem.

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020