IGNORED

What's on your Christmas list this year?

Melvin

Chord Poly and NAS.

Goth them both (advantages of saving shopping for myself for last). Went with a 16Tb WD MyCloud EX2.

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

On 15/12/2017 at 2:53 PM, BigAlMc said:

Etymotic ER4XR IEMs to pair with my LG V30 phone :D

Listened to them briefly. Yes I'm a bit drunk. Yes, it's not a blind test. But they sound good! 

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

Roon actually finally got me one of my long-term wishes when they let me turn my iPhone into an end-point in new release 1.4. Thank you, Santa Roon.

My other wish will be finally to get my stereo equipment out of storage where it’s been since September.  A necessary step to “stage” our home in Chicago for sale; real estate agent and “Stager” saw the speakers and wires and those ugly black boxes as pure clutter. Gotta say, the living room has looked like a set piece for HGTV these past three months, so maybe I cannot argue that point. Still, I look forward to getting my system set up again after our cross-country move finally is consummated in early January. 

On 17/12/2017 at 8:45 AM, Musicophile said:

After adding a nice semi-mobile audio set with a Dragonfly Red and a Beyer T90, to go with my MacBook when traveling, I’m all set.

Spending more money on music instead.

Hi Musicophile,

Add a Lightning to USB 3.0 Camera Adapter for about US$30 and you can charge while you listen. Fantastic for travelling on planes / trains when there is a USB power supply available.

Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter - Apple (AU).html

LOUNGE: Mac Mini - Audirvana - Devialet 200 - ATOHM GT1 Speakers

OFFICE : Mac Mini - Audirvana - Benchmark DAC1HDR - ADAM A7 Active Monitors

TRAVEL : MacBook Air - Dragonfly V1.2 DAC - Sennheiser HD 650

BEACH : iPhone 6 - HRT iStreamer DAC - Akimate Micro + powered speakers

2 hours ago, Ajax said:

Hi Musicophile,

Add a Lightning to USB 3.0 Camera Adapter for about US$30 and you can charge while you listen. Fantastic for travelling on planes / trains when there is a USB power supply available.

Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter - Apple (AU).html

Have that as well. But prefer the sound of A+. 

Almost forgot about this thread .. though I'm supposedly off the ridiculous merry-go-round I decided to get back on with a new SET amp. I've been very happy with my little Chi-fi integrated but, of course, I want more and a couple of days before Christmas I ordered a Decware SE84UFO. I've been curious about these amps for years and thought it was high time to hear one for myself. Now the wait begins (4 to 16 weeks) for this little 2 wpc amp to be built. In the meantime I will continue to enjoy my nicely re-tubed integrated. Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday. Cheers.